This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
By Cyland Props
Finally found, Egon's grey box meter from the first movie:

Seen here at the bottom right and also on the bench with the other meters in these Bluray screen caps:

It's a Minirad IM 179/U by Jordan Electronics.

Next up the other meters seen in those caps.
By Cyland Props
I wasn't aware that someone actually found the correct one. Although the part numbers are identical, the one made by Heat Pipe Corp. was the only one availble for years.
By Cyland Props
jackdoud wrote:
Cyland Props wrote:Next up the other meters seen in those caps.
Glad someone's going to tackle the other meters, it's been on my "to do" list for a while.
If you look carefully at the "blue box" meter it has a green / red dial indicating it to be a "good" "bad" type meter. Wonder what that could be? Some kind of component checker or something like that. At first I was thinking it was a guitar tuner.

The larger grey box with the blue/white face is rather interesting it has either nixies or a two digit led display and at least four push buttons, The black shield is another interesting conponent.
By skalor
There's a bunch of the Jordan Electronics ones for sale on ebay right now for $29 plus shipping.

Ebay link removed
Last edited by mburkit on December 29th, 2010, 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Removed Ebay link.
By skalor
I understand but technically it wasn't a live auction because it was a set price and he had in excess of 10. Not trying to start an argument, just stating the facts.
By Charnel
Bought one. Thanks for the info skalor. Just do an ebay search for Minirad IM 179/U like cyland posted and it'll come right up.
By coasterg
Here's something interesting, found the replacement batteries and how to mount them for that type of meter.

The replacement batteries are a 1.5v A640PX and a 6v A32PX, the originals are rechargeable mercury batteries which aren't available.

This page shows how to make an adapter for the replacement batteries:
http://www.armyradio.co.uk/arsc/custome ... IM-179.htm

Don't know if the adapter is needed, still waiting on my meter to be shipped - not the speediest of sellers, won't be shipping until Thursday even though I purchased it almost a week ago. Something to keep in mind.

I'll post up more once I get everything and see how it works.
By skalor
The replacement batteries listed in the army radio link aren't 100% correct. I think they are for the older model which has a much larger battery compartment. The A640PX they recommend to replace the BA-1312/U is fine as I used a V640ALK. They recommend a A32PX to replace the BA-1318/U. I found that a TR164A is interchangeable with A32PX so that is what I bought. The problem is that It's far too big to fit a Jordan electronics style meter. I found that a 2CR-1/3N is a good replacement for the BA-1318/U. After looking around an A28PX looks like will also work.

Cliffs - get a A640PX and a 2CR-1/3N or possibly an A28PX.
By coasterg
skalor wrote:The replacement batteries listed in the army radio link aren't 100% correct. I think they are for the older model which has a much larger battery compartment. The A640PX they recommend to replace the BA-1312/U is fine as I used a V640ALK. They recommend a A32PX to replace the BA-1318/U. I found that a TR164A is interchangeable with A32PX so that is what I bought. The problem is that It's far too big to fit a Jordan electronics style meter. I found that a 2CR-1/3N is a good replacement for the BA-1318/U. After looking around an A28PX looks like will also work.

Just got mine and figured out the same thing.

The Duracell PX28L is supposedly another alternative for the 2CR-1/3N, its a camera battery so going to head over and see if I can find one locally.

Edit: Got the battery and it works!

Used aluminum foil to fill in the extra space for both batteries. That plus the shape of the battery cover holds them in well.

Since its not calibrated everywhere in my house is Amber, guess I'm getting huge radiation here.
By Bob Wobbaz
I got one of these coming to me, I've decided that I'm gonna use the hook on the bottom of it and have it hanging off a belt fob. Not screen accurate I know, but it gives the fobs some functionality other than hanging my gun off and frees up my belt a bit more.
By skalor
coasterg wrote:
skalor wrote:The replacement batteries listed in the army radio link aren't 100% correct. I think they are for the older model which has a much larger battery compartment. The A640PX they recommend to replace the BA-1312/U is fine as I used a V640ALK. They recommend a A32PX to replace the BA-1318/U. I found that a TR164A is interchangeable with A32PX so that is what I bought. The problem is that It's far too big to fit a Jordan electronics style meter. I found that a 2CR-1/3N is a good replacement for the BA-1318/U. After looking around an A28PX looks like will also work.

Just got mine and figured out the same thing.

The Duracell PX28L is supposedly another alternative for the 2CR-1/3N, its a camera battery so going to head over and see if I can find one locally.

Edit: Got the battery and it works!

Used aluminum foil to fill in the extra space for both batteries. That plus the shape of the battery cover holds them in well.

Since its not calibrated everywhere in my house is Amber, guess I'm getting huge radiation here.
Mine read around 4 r/hr everywhere too. I just tweaked the screws on the bottom until is was around .2 r/hr. It's probably due to the batteries both being a higher voltage than the original mercury cells. Also, mine had a lot of it discoloration around the buttons and some meguiars plastic x took it right off.
By coasterg
skalor wrote: Mine read around 4 r/hr everywhere too. I just tweaked the screws on the bottom until is was around .2 r/hr. It's probably due to the batteries both being a higher voltage than the original mercury cells. Also, mine had a lot of it discoloration around the buttons and some meguiars plastic x took it right off.
I like leaving mine as is, it could be a great conversation starter or way to break the ice. Potential for some fun times.
By Bob Wobbaz
I recieved my radiac meter in the post yesterday, very pleased with it, its about half the size of a MT500. I've found out that you can get the needle moving without the CR2 battery there. If you have the button batteries in place, the test button still works. I'm guessing one set of batteries powers one button and likewise with the other. Just thought I'd let people know
By Alex Newborn
Sorry to resurrect this dormant topic, but I just got my own Minirad and this thread is one I've been referring to about it.

And now I'm curious...
Cyland Props wrote:Image

Next up the other meters seen in those caps.
Did anyone ever ID those 2 blue boxes? I noticed not even the Italian guys who did the entire basement were able to find those.

Alex

Now that we at SAGB have actually got through our […]

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal el[…]

I have not heard of this. On the Matty PKE, if the[…]

Hard to tell if it’s an actual black fligh[…]