This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
By Ecto Scooter
I'm currently trying to gut my mt500 and have been looking around online on how to take it apart. All the videos I've found show me to take off the back cover, remove the 4 screws and the front comes off. My problem is that the inside of mine looks a lot different then the videos and pictures and the front of my radio doesn't seem to wanna come off. The front seems to only separate a little bit up until the top of the battery compartment. Am I missing some screws or something? Any help would be appreciated.

(hopefully you can see this link.)
Last edited by Kingpin on October 27th, 2020, 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed image link
By Kingpin
Could you post a photo of the exterior? The first thoughts that immediately come to mind (largely from my own ignorance of walkie-talkie style radios) is that it could be an older model, or a knock-off.
By Theoderic
Hi Ecto Scooter

I think the trick is that the sockets are actually screws to the lower section as well: i would suggest you'd try to unscrew these (see picture) in order to get the lower case removed (it's holding the speaker and the mic) and to get access to the middle section, where all most of the electronics are.

The 4th is a little bit hard to see from this angle, but it's supposed to be sitting at the marked position.
I hope this is helpful for you ;)
By Ecto Scooter
Sorry for the delay in response. Ended up having to get a new car( which I may have to turn into an ecto prius, like a mobile containment unit or something) but here is the front

I'll take a look tomorrow to see if they are actually screws and hopefully see if I can actually work out trying to finagle a newer radio into it somehow. Thank you both for the help. In case your wondering the marker is covering the name if the fire hall that owned it before, i still have to fill it in. Lol.
Last edited by Kingpin on November 10th, 2020, 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed image link
By Ecto Scooter
Looks like Theo was right and finnaly got it opened. Mt500 innards

Link
If anybody knows these radios I'm wondering what the red piece above the speaker is as I'm hoping to reuse as much of the speaker/mic system as possible. Hopefully it gives me a more authentic sound.
Last edited by Kingpin on November 16th, 2020, 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added image to post
Theoderic liked this
By Theoderic
Ecto Scooter wrote: November 16th, 2020, 6:34 pm Looks like Theo was right and finnaly got it opened. Mt500 innards

Link
If anybody knows these radios I'm wondering what the red piece above the speaker is as I'm hoping to reuse as much of the speaker/mic system as possible. Hopefully it gives me a more authentic sound.
Yeah - just like that: very good! Glad i could help :-D
By BRD 527
Ecto Scooter wrote: November 16th, 2020, 6:34 pm If anybody knows these radios I'm wondering what the red piece above the speaker is as I'm hoping to reuse as much of the speaker/mic system as possible. Hopefully it gives me a more authentic sound.
looks like the mic :whatever:
By Ecto Scooter
Sorry for taking so long to respond but work and stuff. But my main plan for this is to swapbthe guts out with a newer radios innards. Hopefully to be used with my friends at any events. I'm not to sure if the current guys actually work since it didn't come with a charger and it is from a firewall so I'm not evemsure if its legal to use the frequency. All I've seen so far are the radios with soundboards and I wanted to do something different. If anyone has any advise I'm a total newb to it and would welcome any help.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]