Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
Threadender wrote:I can see Erin's fear being the old lady that haunted her every night for a year.
I'm largely basing my conclusion on the page that's been posted, but I see Erin's fear as never being taken seriously as a scientist ever again.
Alphagaia liked this
mrmichaelt wrote:October Sales are in and ATC #1 did 6287.
Not bad.
Seth Rex wrote:Amazon emailed me about a delay in the kindle version of 2. It says it's gonna be released now the same day as 3.
lol. Previews World has #2 as Dec. 27 and #3 at Dec. 20. There's no way it'll stay at either release schedule. It should change soon. Pinto is definitely coloring #2 the past few weeks though.
Alphagaia wrote:What's the holdup?
We don't know. It could just be Diamond's standard wacky hair pulling date fluctuations or there's a delay with Howell or Pinto or the printers overseas or customs.

EDIT: February solicit for ATC #5, set for Feb. 21
https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/DEC170468
https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/DEC170469
https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/DEC170470
"What Dreams May Come," Part 5! Grand Finale! By leaning in to everything that unites them and eschewing that which divides them, can the Ghostbusters turn the tables on "Schrecky"? In an attempt to save the city, the Ghostbusters venture into Schreckgespenst's nightmare-scape one last time, to defeat him on his own turf!
• This is it! Don't miss the ladies from the 2016 film in their very own series!
• Can they finally give "Schrecky" a taste of his own medicine or will Holtzmann's crazy new machine just kill everyone?! Maybe both, people. MAYBE BOTH.
• And will Kevin ever get to be a real Ghostbuster? Or will he just wear the outfit really really well?
EDIT: Tom Waltz confirmed it was the hurricanes that delayed Corin Howell that delayed the comic. He confirms #2 is set for December 27 but #3 will release in January.
https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/933400856635965440
Not sure I fully buy the delay, not saying they're lying, just that Corin Howell seems pretty on it and I'm sure she could've pulled it out of the bag. I may be wrong but I'm guessing they happily jumped to give her more time so as not to saturate the shelves with competing Ghostbusters titles. Seemed a bit odd they put it up against TMNT GB 2
Lee FW wrote:Not sure I fully buy the delay, not saying they're lying, just that Corin Howell seems pretty on it and I'm sure she could've pulled it out of the bag. I may be wrong but I'm guessing they happily jumped to give her more time so as not to saturate the shelves with competing Ghostbusters titles. Seemed a bit odd they put it up against TMNT GB 2
I don't think that was the original intent for them to 'compete'. Well, Nick came back to them and asked them to release TMNT/GB 2 in 2017 because they have big plans for TMNT in 2018. It seems like it was going to be a standard monthly starting later this year/early next year and ATC was going to be the only title for most of its run. Then Bobby Curnow suggested a weekly event and I guess they wrangled enough guest artists in time to meet the deadline of releasing it all in November.
I think the delay is definitely beneficial for IDW though, my partner was on her weekly comic pickup and offered to grab my #3+4 of TMNT/GB2 but with all the variant covers and a bunch of variants for ATC#1 still on the shelf she left empty handed thinking I'd missed more than I had. There's something to be said about not over saturating the shelves, could be super overwhelming and off putting for someone wanting to jump in.

Just hope people haven't lost interest by the time ATC#2 is released as it shows a lot of promise and could be an awesome run (call it blasphemy but I actually enjoyed that 1st issue more than TMNT/GB2)
mrmichaelt, robbritton liked this
ATC is definitely the better run for GB fans right now, the turtles run has too much reliance on prior turtles knowledge and is keeping me at arms length, if I'm honest. That said, I can't really sit in the UK and complain about a delay brought on by a hurricane, so I wish them well and will be ready to buy come December!
robbritton wrote:the turtles run has too much reliance on prior turtles knowledge and is keeping me at arms length
I've not been following TMNT much of late, but the current miniseries hasn't been too hard to follow - it's just extra stuff to read up on if I'm really inclined to at some point in the future.
Mrmichaelt's round ups have kept me n the loop, but given that my knowledge begins and ends with the 80's cartoon, it's been a little alienating. It's not that it's confusing, it's that the consequences aren't dear to my heart in the way the GBs are. I've enjoyed it, but it didn't feel as essential as the first run to the GB universe.
mrmichaelt liked this
Yep. #3 moved to January 31 (so right now #3 and 4 are set for same day).

But on the bright side, Diamond finally revealed the RI cover for #2. Would be neat if the plan is for the A and RI to have the same character each issue (i.e. #3 may have Patty on the RI, then Abby, Erin, and Kevin for the other 3 presumably).
https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/SEP170503
*NormalGamer* liked this
Ooof on the publication delays, and ooof on the lobby of the Empire State Building looking so utterly wrong - there really is no excuse with the proliferation of digital cameras these days. It's not a deal breaker, but I expect a bit better.
mrmichaelt liked this
FINALLY I get a part two! An interesting issue, and something we haven't really seen before:
This Post Contains Spoilers
*NormalGamer* liked this
ATC #2

Main Story
Easter eggs so far
Kingpin wrote:ooof on the lobby of the Empire State Building looking so utterly wrong - there really is no excuse with the proliferation of digital cameras these days. It's not a deal breaker, but I expect a bit better.
I'm on the side of the artist here, half of my day to day workload is image clearance and I know the Empire State is quite protective over how it's used commercially, permission takes weeks to obtain and normally there's a fee involved. I'm guessing for two frames it wasn't worth the headache and even though chances are it would've been cool they just went on the side of caution....if it bothers you just imagine any difference is due to the giant ghost that can alter reality and project nightmarish images into your head

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]