By castewar
Where they're stationed could work - what happens if you're reassigned to a new base?

The other thing I was thinking about is if it's kept military themed, but not specific to branch of service, then the patch could be used almost universally, including service members in other armed forces (I'm pretty sure we have at least a few in the Canadian and British armed forces.) Just a thought, as a generalized system better allows for the possibility of a bulk order of patches.

I think when you guys nail down a final patch, this is going to be extremely cool - an excellent idea, right from the get-go.
By AF-Ghostbuster
When we were still wearing our BDU's, we would have to change our patch to the new MAJCOM or unit...so it could be the same idea here. We could also incorporate each branches symbol in the top rocker for different branches......the air force wings, for someone in the air force; a star for someone in the army....an anchor for someone in the navy.....eagle globe and anchor for marines.....
By Tyrael
The top rocker seems to be more of a fit to text than symbols (upswept wings would make it a very tall patch, plus we don't have anything for our Coast Guard brethren!). Perhaps just sew on another patch under the shield-style no-ghost patch to designate branch of service using symbols mentioned by AF-Ghostbuster?
Smaller patches must be easy to come by or produce; I see them every time I dispatch to the field and interact with ICBM capsule crew in their flight suits. I've seen small rectangles with their alma mater's logo on it, and even a small black bomb with a big, red "F" on it, and all seem to be authorized to wear somehow. >_>; I'll ask around when I dispatch next and see what those officers can suggest when it comes to patches like those.
By Tyrael
I asked around today while on a 13-hour maintenance day, and could only manage to get what the patch I'm thinking of is called out of any officer I asked. Apparently, the small patch I was thinking of as to be worn underneath the "generic military no-ghost" logo is called a "pencil pocket patch", named for the small velcro strip on top of the pencil pocket on a flight suit.
http://www.usafpatches.com/terms.shtml explains and gives examples.

There are a number of online manufacturers that will custom-make these kinds of patches, just like those that can make a no-ghost patch customized to whomever orders it. I will look further into it, regarding pricing and whatnot, as soon as we get a no-ghost design ironed out. Branch-specific pencil pocket patches would be easy to order, I'm sure.
By elsoldao7
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Check this out!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Camoflauge-Ghostbus ... 53e46e162b

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tan-Brown-Ghostbust ... 53e4d6e188

http://cgi.ebay.com/OD-Black-Ghostbuste ... 5adcf95718

I checked & they don't have an ABU patch. I'm thinking of getting a desert one w/some velcro for when I go back to the desert later this year.
By elsoldao7
AF-Ghostbuster wrote:elsoldao, where are you deploying to? I am headed to Al Udied in April.
Headed to Afganistan in Aug.
By AF-Ghostbuster
Ouch, have fun with that! Well, let me know when your heading out, you will be heading through the Deid, we can meet up and have your last beer for 6 months!
By Dr. Detroit
Please keep me in mind in you guys ever figure out a USAF thing. I was an SP during the first Gulf War. It's ok, I wasn't one of those shady ones. For those still active here, stay safe and thank you for your service.
By elsoldao7
AF-Ghostbuster wrote:Ouch, have fun with that! Well, let me know when your heading out, you will be heading through the Deid, we can meet up and have your last beer for 6 months!
I thought I answed already, my bad.

We'll keep in touch through here, I'll really need a couple of cold ones before I get there!

In other news: look what I stumbled onto:
By elsoldao7
Got my desert patch & my flightsuits! too bad they're not for GB related stuff...

Picture w/ the patch on in Afganistan comming soon!
By AF-Ghostbuster
Hey guys! I'm still wanting to get this off the ground! I will be leaving from my deployment in a couple months, and when I get back, I plan on trying to work on this more! elsoldao, good to see your keeping this thread alive! Love the patch by the way! I might have to have you send me one of those!

AF
By Tyrael
Well, after two consecutive application rejections for OTS, I'll only be in the USAF for another year and a half, so I won't be involving myself in anything AF-related anymore. Best of luck to you guys.
By elsoldao7
AF-Ghostbuster wrote:Hey guys! I'm still wanting to get this off the ground! I will be leaving from my deployment in a couple months, and when I get back, I plan on trying to work on this more! elsoldao, good to see your keeping this thread alive! Love the patch by the way! I might have to have you send me one of those!

AF
I got this one off ebay. I brought it over I got some velcro sewn on to it.

I'm gonna se what I can come up with over here for ideas. I'm thinking of getting one made but with an ABU backround. The good thing about being over here is that at the alterations place, they can pretty much make whatever you can think of into a patch. I've hade about 6 different patches made already, from custom ideas to the Autobot & Decepticon symbols in desert colors.
By AF-Ghostbuster
I have an alteration place here that can make any patches you can think of as well. I had the same though of the ABU backround! Sorry to hear about the rejections Tyrael.

AF
By elsoldao7
Sorry to bump such an old post, but I wanted to share this.

Yesterday, 06 June, D-Day was commemorated, and yesterday I had the privilege to drop one of the same units from that day, the 82nd Airborne, 68 years later!

Tyrael liked this
By Nboucher2392
Navy Vet here. I like this idea of a military GB. I can come up with something this weekend that i think will incorporate all of the branches of military and look good. I already have some good ideas.
By Tyrael
It's kind of funny seeing my old bitterness and what I thought I'd do back in 2011. I'm now working at another Air Force site, this time as a contractor, lol. If vets are allowed, I'd be up for whatever comes up. :cool:
By AF-Ghostbuster
I would love to revive this!! Life kinda got in the way.. I am all for doing a joint military Ghostbusters! Of course all vets are welcome..besides, the military does have it's civilian corp. I will start thinking up ideas for logo's...give me a week to come up with something.
By mrjkpc
I'm in....I have army digital coveralls and the digital no ghost patch. ....let's get this going...tell me what you need.
Yea I'm an Army vet
By AF-Ghostbuster
Hey guys! I have not forgotten about this, life has just gotten in the way lately. I will continue to work on the patch, get some idea's together and get back on here with some ideas.

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]