Have you accumulated a huge Ghostbusters Collection? Talk about what you have and show it off!
By Heroic35
A buddy of mine needed room in his garage and asked if I wanted this for the man cave. Never even knew he had it. Everything works on it besides the monitor and speaker. Having another friend who has repaired cabinets his whole life look at it for a case of beer. Now....just if I could get this in my house

When someone asks if you want a RGB arcade game, you say yes!

Smeghead, Spengs liked this
By below_radar_00
Awesome find! Those cabinets are super rare...I know because I own two and it cost me a VERY pretty penny to get them last year. I haven't seen one on eBay or anywhere else for right at a year right now. Looking at the pics, it looks like someone added in free play buttons. Those three buttons on the front of the control panel are not there on an all original machine. Hopefully you guys get her back up and running. If your friend has experience with arcade machine than a monitor and speaker issue will be an easy fix for him. Worse case, you can always swap out the monitor which is what I ended up doing. The original monitor in one of my machines was long dead and the previous owner threw in an old Pac-Man monitor. You could easily tell it was Pac-Man due to screen burn in and the 1980 Bally/Midway sticker on the monitor glass.

Oh...if you ever need to replace your buttons of joysticks switches, let me know. I found a great site that has very accurate replacements (color and switch feel).
Heroic35 liked this
By Heroic35
From what I've heard, the free play buttons are original and this was a sales model. Instead of making clients pay for the game, you hit the button at demo shows.

I've seen one on eBay for $500. I ended up getting this for half the price. Super stoked and the sticks are tight but who knows, I might need to take you up on that offer.
By below_radar_00
Interesting! I know in the early 80's during the arcade boom manufacturers sold a lot of machines to operators via a yearly convention. It sounds like this unit was created for a similar purpose. If that's the case then you have an even rarer version of an already semi-rare cabinet. I've done a good bit of research on this cabinet and I've yet to come across anything about demo machines so this is all very intriguing to me. I wonder how your friend knew the back story on this cabinet?

As for the price, you for sure got a good deal. I've seen a few go in the $300-$500 range but I've seen most go for $1000-$2000 and above. I think it comes down to two things: (1) Does the owner know that he has a rare cab and (2) Is there anyone that wants the game. Even though the cab is rare, it's not a particularly good game. I think only a GB fan would pay the big bucks for one. I'm one of the ones that paid big bucks. I wanted this cabinet for 12 years. I felt that it was the only thing left to really complete my collection. Besides my pack, it's easily my fave GB item.

As far as the buttons go...here's what I used:

Red: http://groovygamegear.com/webstore/inde ... cts_id=356
Yellow: http://groovygamegear.com/webstore/inde ... cts_id=361
Blue: http://groovygamegear.com/webstore/inde ... cts_id=359

You'll notice that you can select the switch type and if you want to keep the feel of the current button you should use True-Leaf Pro. It's a $1.49 upgrade per button but it was important to me to keep the buttons as accurate to the original as possible.

For the joystick...I wasn't sure how to go about replacing the entire stick so I just replaced the switches. The sticks seemed to be in good shape but they weren't registering certain directions. I only need a few switches but I just went ahead and replaced them all so I wouldn't have to worry it again.

http://groovygamegear.com/webstore/inde ... cts_id=346

All in all it cost me $45 after shipping and I had six new buttons and twelve new joystick switches. She plays perfectly now.
Heroic35 liked this
By Heroic35
It is fixed. Plays like brand new and actual made it into my house. (Thanks to my firehouse volunteers) took four Gus to get it in and down the steps. Here's some photos including one of my brother firefighters and his son playing it.

I had to move a lot of things around tonight to make this all fit into the man cave. More pics will come as things setllte into place. One does not move this large piece into his collection without a major shuffle.

By LT86
Oh...MY...GOD...That is my heaven! If I found myself in that room I could never leave. Bravo sir. Are those the movie style Ninja Turtles on the wall? Those were well done and pretty hard to find.
By Smeghead
Heroic35 wrote:Image
For a second there, I was wondering what on Earth that "dodgy white stain" was, or thinking it might be a spider web...

Then I realised it was a cute little mutt that wanted to play the game. :P
By Heroic35
Had a blast with at Crypticon 2015 in Minneapolis this past weekend! Thank you to the Twin Cities Ghostbusters for making me feel welcome and having a Ghostbusters Party Room! These guys do the Ghostbustin' 911 YouTube channel so check up on that!

Here are some photos from the event as I plan to hang these up on the man cave walls along with some other prints I was able to get. And also, I was very excited to see Erik Burnham get scheduled last moment to appear at this event! (Was even more excited to hear that he lives within an hour of me! Was completely oblivious to this despite my adoration of the IDWverse.)

I was very excited to have met Kane Hodder (Jason Voorhees in 7-10) and Leslie Easterbrook (Callahan in Police Academy).

My good friend Matt joined me on this adventure and because of the fun, we have started to discuss a new chapter's name so we can participate in patch swaps and what not.

KANE HODDER!!

LESLIE EASTERBROOK!

Mark Lone Art Prints:
[URL=http://s236.photobucket.com/user/heroic ... 7.jpg.html
Image[/URL]

Erik Burnham signed print:
By Heroic35
kaison wrote:Excellent dude! It's one of my favorites topic I watch. :cool:
Thanks! I try to keep up to date on things here but I miss collection pieces and new additions. Ill do my best to keep up.
vwgearhead wrote:Man I wish I went would been nice to see some fellow ghostheads. Well maybe next year.
Highly recommend! I want to go again next year but a baby girl is expected in February 2016 so we shall see how that allows Crypticon 2016 work.
By Heroic35
its been awhile since an update from the man cave but i figured it would be a good time to update. The new 2016 merchandise is starting to make me rearrange every week or so though...

By d_osborn
Loving the cave, man! That Burnham Peanuts/GB mashup print is great!

I noticed that you have a drop ceiling. You can get replica stamped metal ceiling tiles similar to what's in the real LA firehouse that are designed to work with drop ceilings. Pretty cool and not too costly! I was looking at them for my office a few years ago.
By below_radar_00
Heroic, I saw another photo of the bottom of your glass case and I was able to make out the blue Real Ghostbusters box. It says "Individually wrapped jelly pieces. Soft gummi candy" and it looks like it was made my Alma. That's pretty wild. I've never seen that and eBay brings up zilch even in the completed listings. Must be a pretty rare item.
By Heroic35
d_osborn wrote:Loving the cave, man! That Burnham Peanuts/GB mashup print is great!

I noticed that you have a drop ceiling. You can get replica stamped metal ceiling tiles similar to what's in the real LA firehouse that are designed to work with drop ceilings. Pretty cool and not too costly! I was looking at them for my office a few years ago.

Oooh I need this. Thanks for the info as the current tiles are junk.

As for the candies, yes. They are so rare that the guy who runs the vintage toy shop where I found them knew nothing about them. Box wasn't opened and he made mention that they were only sold overseas I opened the case and found out they were my favorite gummy candies of my childhood. I used to buy these all the time whether they were GB, TMNT, or the Creepy Crawlers brand.

I thought I blogged about them but I guess not. Might need to do that soon. For anyone interested, I'm starting to detail my collection among other random vintage things at my site: http://www.whoyagonnacollect.com

And yes, that is indeed Jerry in the photo. We took that at Crypticon 2015.
By Heroic35
Finally did a video tour thanks to Boone's Toy Replay asking for some collections of Ghostbusters. I was late to the party for his videos but it was still fun to run through it all for the folks who are curious about what is all down here.

I hope to be taking pieces out and highlighting them more on WhoYaGonnaCollect.com soon.

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]