Have you accumulated a huge Ghostbusters Collection? Talk about what you have and show it off!
By gbfanrm85
Some pics of the Ghostbusters Lego i've collected.

Just finished building the Lego Firehouse HQ yesterday. Great fun to build and a very detailed interior.

darthbuster liked this
By GhostFan1
Good work! I have the classic Ecto-1 have been REALLY temped to get the Firehouse but that price is just too much $$$.
By portugueseGB
If you can afford it, check out brickstuff's light kit for the firehouse. This lego set all lit is something to behold, judging by their pictures.
By gbfanrm85
I saw that on eurobricks yea. Don't think I will be doing that. Where it is at the minute I can't even display it open it's just too big and I don't want it getting covered in dust.
By gbgl2k16
I am just bananas for the GB sets I have. My partner used to work at the LEGO store, so I have been blessed with many gifts of LEGO sets. A couple years ago, I got the ECTO-1 for my birthday, and I pestered him to get me the new ECTO-1 & 2 set, so I have all three vehicles hanging out together, and all my minifigs are on display.

My biggest concern with the new set is that the accessories are super off. Originally, Erin had two traps and Holtzmann had one bigger gun. Abby had the PKE meter and the proton glove, which was spot-on. But they gave Patty.... a toolbox ??? What in the name.... I switched things around and pulled some stuff from my my stash to even things out a little. I left Abby with her toys, but I gave Erin a trap and the big gun, as it reminded me of the "little" friend she used in the battle. I found a few odd bits and gave Holtzmann two guns and holsters in the bottom sides of her pack. I was really hoping there'd be some way I could cobble together some kind of ghost chipper for Patty, but with the chipper being such a tiny gadget in the film and my LEGO collection being as small as it is, I couldn't come up with anything. So I've got her holding her proton gun, which works fine for me.
gbfanrm85 wrote:Image
Is that a homebrew ECTO-1a ?? I can't find an existing set like that - that's so cool!!
portugueseGB liked this
By gbfanrm85
Yea I thought the toolbox was a little rubbish too but i'm not that concerned, as it's really only the first 2 movies for me.

Yea it certainly is a home brewed Ecto-1A. It's based off Brent Waller's here: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.p ... opic=97059

This is how it looks at the minute, i'm still working on the decals:
By gbfanrm85
luckily I had these to keep me going through the build

By robandliv
I just got the firehouse still in the box. I am not sure I want to build it yet. I just am not sure where I am going to put it when I am done and also worried about the dust too. Love the gb 2 Ecto 1 build.
By gbfanrm85
I have mine in a display cabinet but can only put it side ways. I may order a separate display case for it so it can be seen at full effect.

This website make display cases that fit:
http://www.puredisplay.com/pureshop/pc/ ... tegory=136

If I were you i'd make it,it's a great build just do a few bags a day and take your time to appreciate the detail. I'm already looking at ways to improve mine.
portugueseGB liked this
By portugueseGB
I keep mine closed, I only open it to admire it. I bought the lighting kit and it's beautiful. At night, that warm light coming out through the windows make me feel i am looking at the real thing and somehow the lighted ground floor, with its familiar wall colors really takes me back to 1984 when I watched it in the cinema. The lighting kit brings all the interior details to life.

The kit lights all ceiling lights (I didn't light the bedroom ceiling but there's a lamp for that) and tabletop lamps, Janine's desk lamp, the two outside lamps, the alarm bell flashes, as does the microwave oven and arcade, and also the outside slime.

If you are very careful you can hide the wires between the inner and outside walls like I did. I did press one wire too much. When that happens that lamp goes out taking all the others with it. Don't panic. It's a matter of simple trial and error to find which is the culprit. Then if you readjust the wire positioning, the lamp should came back to life.

But pictures are better than words:
http://www.brickstuff.com/store/p80/LEG ... g_Kit.html (those in europe can buy it from a local uk store, like I did).

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]