Have you accumulated a huge Ghostbusters Collection? Talk about what you have and show it off!
Preface: I'm not new here. Some of the figures are not new to the gbfans OG's. I was a victim of the imageshack change over (free -->paid) while simultaneously losing a external harddrive and lost every damn picture of my custom Kenners, custom Mattys, my AMT Ecto-1A build, my Hot Wheels Elite builds, and other randoms. I had a great sense of comradery with the members here and felt like part of a growing, enthusiastic community. That was about a decade ago....I've missed that...But I've also been busy. Thankfully, I found time to refresh some aged customs and take some photos. Not all of these photos are of the same quality, but I have terrible OCD and will make this as easy and pleasant to scroll through as possible. This is all in the name of fun, nostalgia, and escaping any and all current real life events personal and global. Enjoy!

These are my childhood survivors. They've been painted and repainted multiple times. During quarantine, I made it a mission to touch them up and make them as good as possible.
The Real Ghostbusters:
CaptCyan credit for proton pack parts.
Coover5, Kingpin, Darthsavo liked this
Coover5 wrote: June 20th, 2020, 1:46 am It's amazing what some paint and lights do for the Kenner Ecto.
I agree, I think it really accentuates it's curvy cartoon accurate style.
Mac1701 wrote:Nice work! Even as a little kid I can remember being bothered that the guys didn’t have the colors on their cuffs and collars like they did on the cartoon. I really like the added lights and details on your ecto too!
Thanks! Me too, although I never had series one, I had (these are) the Slimed Heros figures. I just painted them from head to toe w/ the exception of Egon & Peter's face. The Kenner Ecto was my quarantine project. It was a labor of love and I'm very pleased w/ it!
Kingpin wrote:Lovely work all around. :) What a difference a bit of paint detailing makes to the Kenner Ecto-1 and figures.
Loving the lights on the Hotwheels cars.
Thanks Kingpin! Drew some inspiration from the great examples of custom Kenner Ectos throughout the forum here. Ultimately I wanted to have cell accurate colors with LED's hidden inside. Yes, the Hot Wheels were a nerve racking mess. Once started there was no turning back and one customization led to another. But they are my gems, hidden out of sight and reach of the kiddos.
Kingpin liked this
Let's get into some Mattys.
Okay, so Matty didn't make tan flight suit versions of Peter and Egon to go w/ the slime blower figures, so I made some. Here's how I did it: Water slide decals for the logo patch & name tag for the correct font style. Painted the walkie talkies yellow for a Lifeguard II. Warning labels throughout all the packs and slime blowers. A hot glue gun + paper clip slime stream custom painted pink w/ purple wash. All my pack wielding busters have custom olive drab painted pack straps and a added waist belt/strap. All zippers have been painted brass or steel depending on location.
Matty GBII Tan Uniforms:
Kingpin liked this
Again, Matty gave us dark suits w/ the proton packs but not the slime blowers. Pack came off Winston, kept it off, as I always like the toaster scene. Brass zippers and the updated shade of green really make the dark suits pop for me.
Matty GBII Dark Uniforms:
Coover5, Kingpin liked this
So this started off with my sign. It's the original sign from my childhood, just like the firehouse itself, and the logo decal had gotten a little scuffed up over the decades. So I made a laminated logo and taped it on:

Nothing permanent, OEM still underneath:

Since I fixed up my other childhood survivors, my Kenner busters & car, I really wanted to light this bad boy up. The starting point and glaring task was the sign. How to do it. Found lots of ideas, some cheap, some expensive, some cosmetically pleasing, some so-so looking, then I had the idea of the Matty stands. It was too coincidental how perfect it fit over the replacement sign logo I made years and years ago:

Boom. Done. No money, no paint, a small amount of glue and the LEDs that have been waiting for their new home in GBHQ.

The Real Ghostbusters Firehouse:
slaysghosts wrote: June 19th, 2020, 11:24 pmHot Wheels Elite:

Might be a bit late to the party here, but do you still sell the decals for both the Hot wheels Elite 1:18 ectos?
Literally been meaning to message you for years about it but kept putting it off becasue I don't have DM privileges.
Hopefully they're still available/

Anyway, very keen to purchase those decals if you're still producing them.

Thanks in advance!
Justin
    Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he do[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]