Post your suggestions or feedback about the site here.
By BennyBassline
purchased a full light and sound kit last year with all the cables and everything, cost me including import fees somewhere in the region of £230 ($300)
Due to commitments and a few family problems i didnt get round to finishing my pack until this week for halloween
Got all electronics out, simple plug and play i thought...oh no
pwrup did nothing and the vntlt switch powered the pack up, swapped them round and then the pwrup worked properly but nothing on the vntlt, noticed the soundboard was also getting quite warm
plugged in the pack lights and they were just erractic before finally just settling with the bargraph bottom led flashing with no cyclotron lights. Unplugged everything, waled away for a beer...came pack and now the whole system is dead!!
The only thing working is the bargraph pack light and the cyclotron lights were supplied with their own power source

tried contacting doug at ghostlabs..nothing
tried contacting gbfans who run the shop?..nothing

disgusted at the lack of customer support for such an expensive kit
By Marcus B
The run up to Halloween is probably their busiest time. I'm sure they will try to assist you. Have you made sure your dip switches and potentiometers are set appropriately? Appropriate battery is being used? I believe some components can run off a 9 volt battery which may be useful to isolate which is the problem.
deadderek, Kingpin liked this
By sycojp
I agree with Marcus. I've bought tons of stuff from Doug and he has always been very responsive and helpful. There are troubleshooting techniques that I'm sure can help and I'm sure GBfans and Ghostlabs will do everything they can to make it right for you. Hope everything works out
deadderek liked this
By AJ Quick
Just searched my email and it appears I have received zero emails and zero private messages from you. Where did you send them? :walterpeck:

Troubleshooting questions I have for you:

-What was your power source? Have you verified your power source is good?
-Were the boards installed in a pack securely when you were testing them?
-Were they sitting on a metallic (conductive surface)?
-Were you using more than one power source?
-Were you using the ribbon cables to connect all kits together?
-Did you have the polarity correct from the battery?

Believe it or not, most problems from the kit can be solved by answering those questions. I've had people power them on just sitting on an conductive surface or their aluminum motherboard and then have them short out and fry the main chip. :sigh: While the boards are plug and play and have some protection circuits in place, it is still rather easy to complete destroy them by using them incorrectly.
By BennyBassline
i believe i sent a pm to gbfans which showed as site admin?

-What was your power source? Have you verified your power source is good? yes brand new 12v battery
-Were the boards installed in a pack securely when you were testing them? no they were on a wooden work bench
-Were they sitting on a metallic (conductive surface)? no they wasnt
-Were you using more than one power source? nope
-Were you using the ribbon cables to connect all kits together? yes purchased through the store
-Did you have the polarity correct from the battery? yes otherwise it wouldnt of fired the first time

in regards to the dip swiitches, its my understanding that these only make a difference to noises and i should still have most of my leds working?

the only lights that now work are the pack bargraph and the cyclotron running on a seperate power source, the rest of the kit is non responsive. For some so expensive surely it shouldnt be so easy to break? and i really dont want to be spending out again for something that wasnt right from the get go
By AJ Quick
If you can, please send photos of the sound board and wand kit. Front and back of the PCBs to webmaster@gbfans.com

That will help me determine what went wrong.

If you have a voltage meter (or multimeter) and can tell me what the voltage of the battery is, also any identifying information about the battery (capacity or type) that would also be useful.

DIP switches on both of the sound board and wand kit are independent of one another. Changing a setting on one, doesn't affect the other.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]