Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

No, they're exactly the same. Titan is the UK publisher and insight is for the US. Amazon.co.uk listing has the wrong number of pages listed. I have the Titan book and it has 224 pages, same as the insight version.
Mine arrived today and I adore it.
After just thumbing through it a bit a few things really stood out to me. I'd never seen a good image of demonic Vigo from the dark room / fire scene before. Or the Rasputin-style Vigo concept art or the original "too Conan" Vigo painting.
I also liked the quote from Ned Gorman that said the painting was 10 feet tall. There's been recent controversy whether it was roughly 9.5 feet tall or a mere 6 feet tall.
Mine showed up today, as well. Great book! So far, I think the coolest thing I've noticed was the shots of the GBs wearing the packs while in the library wardrobe from the movie poster shoot. Very cool! I had seen a few alternate shots from that photo shoot, but never those. I'm wondering if the ad agency was considering using the library wardrobe in the one sheets.
LandoSystem wrote:
After just thumbing through it a bit a few things really stood out to me. I'd never seen a good image of demonic Vigo from the dark room / fire scene before. Or the Rasputin-style Vigo concept art or the original "too Conan" Vigo painting.
Funny enough, the Kirlian demon Vigo photo used to be in my collection. Traded it ages ago. I recognized a few things in the book that were submitted by the current owner. I'm pretty sure that some of the early Vigo concepts were posted during the Tim Lawrence auctions last year.

Can't wait to dive in!
Alex Newborn liked this
I finally received my book today, it's a beautiful book, with TONS of awesome photos that I've never seen before... but I do have one disappointment - the inconsistent (and incorrect) story of the Scoleri Bros that starts on Page 158... Other than the sketches stating his name, the article itself never mentions Henry Mayo, who created the Scoleri Bros, and there were tons of photos of a certain Howie Weed, for which I am told had no hand whatsoever in any of the design process... If you actually read through the articles, you can tell there are a ton of inconsistencies in that story alone...
pyhasanon wrote:I finally received my book today, it's a beautiful book, with TONS of awesome photos that I've never seen before... but I do have one disappointment - the inconsistent (and incorrect) story of the Scoleri Bros that starts on Page 158... Other than the sketches stating his name, the article itself never mentions Henry Mayo, who created the Scoleri Bros, and there were tons of photos of a certain Howie Weed, for which I am told had no hand whatsoever in any of the design process... If you actually read through the articles, you can tell there are a ton of inconsistencies in that story alone...
Henry Mayo and Tim Lawrence did early concept illustrations for the design of the Scoleris. I believe Howie Weed worked on sculpting/building the Nunzio suit. Creative vs. technical. Mayo was mentioned specifically as a Scoleri designer in a few places, I believe. Still thumbing through.

...and the second Vigo prop at Sony has definitely seen better days! Yeesh!
According to Mayo himself, Howie Weed was just a regular guy in the department, he had very little to do with the creative process... Read the article, Henry Mayo is not mentioned anywhere in the write-up...
pyhasanon wrote:According to Mayo himself, Howie Weed was just a regular guy in the department, he had very little to do with the creative process... Read the article, Henry Mayo is not mentioned anywhere in the write-up...
I believe Mayo is mentioned in a caption or two as a Scoleri concept designer, along with Tim Lawrence.. I'm pretty sure Mayo is also mentioned in a few other sections, as well.

EDIT- Yeah, Mayo caption on page 160.

When dealing with 25 and 30+ year old productions, there are bound to be inconsistencies here and there. I've noticed a few myself, but nothing worth writing home about. There were countless artists and technicians that worked on both films. People remember things differently, Wallace did a great job combing through countless articles, stories, and interviews.
Just skimmed over mine really quick. I would have rather seen one of us in the book than Adam Savage as a representative for the fans. Would have made a hell of a lot more sense to see V71 or Burkitt with their accurate props than Savage looking goofy in his half-assed gear.
Alex Newborn, Matt Campbell, Zack and 1 others liked this
d_osborn wrote:
pyhasanon wrote:According to Mayo himself, Howie Weed was just a regular guy in the department, he had very little to do with the creative process... Read the article, Henry Mayo is not mentioned anywhere in the write-up...
I believe Mayo is mentioned in a caption or two as a Scoleri concept designer, along with Tim Lawrence.. I'm pretty sure Mayo is also mentioned in a few other sections, as well.

EDIT- Yeah, Mayo caption on page 160.

When dealing with 25 and 30+ year old productions, there are bound to be inconsistencies here and there. I've noticed a few myself, but nothing worth writing home about. There were countless artists and technicians that worked on both films. People remember things differently, Wallace did a great job combing through countless articles, stories, and interviews.
I said the write up, the main story never makes mention of Henry Mayo... I mentioned the captions, but those were added later on once somebody finally mentioned Henry's involvement, but the write up was never corrected and/or updated...

"Nothing worth writing home about?" The Scoleri Bros scene is by far one of the best scenes out of the two movies, I think it's a pretty big deal if they can't tell the story right in an otherwise awesome book... I spent 3 hours chatting with Henry last night, and he is rather heartbroken about the situation, to the point that he threw his early copy away... People from the design team who knew that the story was inconsistent even called him up to apologize on behalf of the book...

Borzou wrote:Just skimmed over mine really quick. I would have rather seen one of us in the book than Adam Savage as a representative for the fans. Would have made a hell of a lot more sense to see V71 or Burkitt with their accurate props than Savage looking goofy in his half-assed gear.
Ah, yes, another disappointment... I love Adam Savage, but he was the last person I expected to see as the "poster boy" of the community... That half page about the fandom (with Adam's photo taking up the other half of the page) was a totally missed opportunity... Some photos from Dragon*Con/PKE Surge would have been perfect...
Demon Vice Commander wrote:Did anyone else get two copies of Venkman's business card packaged with their copy of the book?
Hmmm... Nope, I just have one...
pyhasanon wrote:
Borzou wrote:Just skimmed over mine really quick. I would have rather seen one of us in the book than Adam Savage as a representative for the fans. Would have made a hell of a lot more sense to see V71 or Burkitt with their accurate props than Savage looking goofy in his half-assed gear.
Ah, yes, another disappointment... I love Adam Savage, but he was the last person I expected to see as the "poster boy" of the community... That half page about the fandom (with Adam's photo taking up the other half of the page) was a totally missed opportunity... Some photos from Dragon*Con/PKE Surge would have been perfect...
When I saw the text version months ago, shortly after I'd read some of the reactions to his GB costume video on various sites, I predicted the interview quotes with him would not go over well with this community.

I was glad to see he at least acknowledged the flaws of his costume in the photo caption.

Alex
pyhasanon wrote: "Nothing worth writing home about?" The Scoleri Bros scene is by far one of the best scenes out of the two movies, I think it's a pretty big deal if they can't tell the story right in an otherwise awesome book... I spent 3 hours chatting with Henry last night, and he is rather heartbroken about the situation, to the point that he threw his early copy away... People from the design team who knew that the story was inconsistent even called him up to apologize on behalf of the book...
I meant the inconsistencies that I found were nothing to write home about... not the Mayo/Scoleri thing. I dig the Scoleri scene.

It's unfortunate Mayo feels that way and wasn't mentioned more in the book. I haven't read through the entire thing, but I know several other major GB2 production artists that I haven't seen mentioned at all in the book-- in the text body OR captions. Some even have art published in the book!

I remember Mayo had some pretty negative things to say when Tim Lawrence auctioned off a bunch of original GB2 art and production copies last year, as well. I dig his work. I've had several original Mayo GB2 pieces in my collection for years.

...and I'll have to disagree on the Scoleri seq being "by far one of the best scenes out of the two movies". it's cool, it's fun, but not even close to the best, IMHO. FX, comedy, or otherwise.

I don't believe this has been mentioned, but I LOVE how the cover design is a throwback to the old VHS cover. Too cool.
d_osborn wrote:but not even close to the best, IMHO. FX, comedy, or otherwise.
I said "one of the best"... that can be taken as "one out of several other scenes"...
pyhasanon wrote:
d_osborn wrote:but not even close to the best, IMHO. FX, comedy, or otherwise.
I said "one of the best"... that can be taken as "one out of several other scenes"...
Oh, I understood what you posted. I still think you're off your rocker. Agree to disagree, though! As much as I love GB2, I don't think any of the scenes stack against the first film as "one of the best of both films". World of the Psychic or the Venkman/Tully trial stuff gets close. Just my off-topic opinion, though.

To continue spewing my love for the book, I dug the mention of Aykroyd's jumpsuit from the early pitch video. I had always assumed it was the silvery blue that's described in the script drafts. It's pretty wild that it was so similar to the final suits! It's a shame that video has never seen the light of day. Medjuck mentioned in an interview last year that their copy wound up missing.
LandoSystem wrote:I know Aykroyd had mentioned it at signings and stuff in the past but it's kind of neat to have the yellow tube confirmed as a pee tube.
Haha, I hadn't heard that he has said this at past signings, but it's interesting to have it confirmed. Although it does bring up the question of... "Were they really running around with catheters in the whole time?" or better yet, "On their first bust at the Sedgewick, we see them in street clothes before they change. Did they really all shove a catheter in in the middle of the garage, while rushing to get to a call?"

It's funny, but if you think the logic through, it's kinda weird.

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Good morning everyone! I have a local toy collect[…]