Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By Alex Newborn
A buddy of mine spotted the Clue game on shelf at our local Books-A-Million earlier tonight. We're in Florence, Alabama.

Alex
deadderek liked this
By SpaceBallz
..is anyone else NOT finding anything Ghostbusters related at their local stores? In fact, our toy aisles have been almost bare, which is VERY odd.
By Fritz
My Hasbro friend thinks one of the problems currently is that it's about the time the stores do their big Christmas reset of their toy departments. They may be waiting to put some stuff out until the reset's done--there may even be places that don't have a spot for the GB stuff until that reset happens.
SpaceBallz liked this
By ProtonPack83
managed to snag a new Winston wave 1.5 with Slimer on Amazon - the picture is what they delivered. So if anyone wants him early, he's there for $9.99 regular price.

Last edited by ProtonPack83 on August 10th, 2021, 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedSpecial liked this
By SeikoVoiceNote29
I know the guy was just making speculation but I’m wondering if they are going to pull the toys until the movie is closer? Hope they aren’t planning another movie delay... :sigh:
By SCFoximus
Been looking forward to the Fright Feature figures. Retro style figures with movie actor likeness is what I've wanted since I was about 4 years old.

When I finally got them, something was bugging me, but I couldn't figure out what it was. Then I realized they would look better with a touch of paint.

I only added a little gray on the elbow pads and some black on the undershirt (which are sculpted in, but not painted), and I think they look better already!
Kingpin, deadderek liked this
By ProtonPack83
for the price we are paying, those details and paint apps should have been there in the first place (it looks awesome btw). They are using the same buck for each figure without any height or weight variation, unlike the OG Kenner ones. I'm not crazy about that and it seems extremely lazy to me from Hasbro, but I'm happy to at least have these figures and that they exist.
By SpaceBallz
Has there been a massive upcharge on using the Ghostbusters theme for marketing? I haven't heard it once since Afterlife was announced. There used to be a rendition specifically just for the toy commercials 30 years ago.
By mrmichaelt
featofstrength wrote: August 26th, 2021, 10:18 pm Wait…the Kidbusters get painted pads?
SpaceBallz wrote: August 26th, 2021, 11:13 pm Has there been a massive upcharge on using the Ghostbusters theme for marketing? I haven't heard it once since Afterlife was announced. There used to be a rendition specifically just for the toy commercials 30 years ago.
Could be a lot of legal headaches. For instance, the producers of Ghostbusters: The Video Game getting the rights to use Ray Parker, Jr.'s "Ghostbusters" song was difficult. Took them 3 years and $80,000 to get things squared.
Kingpin liked this
By DarkSpectre
SpaceBallz wrote: August 8th, 2021, 10:47 pm ..is anyone else NOT finding anything Ghostbusters related at their local stores? In fact, our toy aisles have been almost bare, which is VERY odd.
Absolutely zero in my area. The aisles are bare. The nearest Target is over an hour away. I just found the cereal a day ago
SpaceBallz, mrmichaelt liked this
By SpaceBallz
DarkSpectre wrote: August 27th, 2021, 9:51 am
SpaceBallz wrote: August 8th, 2021, 10:47 pm ..is anyone else NOT finding anything Ghostbusters related at their local stores? In fact, our toy aisles have been almost bare, which is VERY odd.
Absolutely zero in my area. The aisles are bare. The nearest Target is over an hour away. I just found the cereal a day ago
Yeah here the aisles are STILL almost completely bare. My son goes "Well, maybe next week." LOL.
mrmichaelt wrote:Could be a lot of legal headaches. For instance, the producers of Ghostbusters: The Video Game getting the rights to use Ray Parker, Jr.'s "Ghostbusters" song was difficult. Took them 3 years and $80,000 to get things squared.
Holy crapola!!!!
mrmichaelt liked this
By ProtonPack83
mrmichaelt wrote: August 26th, 2021, 8:57 pm Commercial for Fright Features line.
That's super annoying - my main gripe with the paints on the cartoon 84 GB guys. So lame that Hasbro, using the same exact buck, can't be bothered to actually paint the arm bands correctly, yet for the kids who vary in sizes and bucks actually GET the paint!? WTF...
By Route66GB
I went to a Target a month or so ago and saw they had the toys out and didn't get anything at the time. I've been back several times and haven't seen a single figure or set. Empty hooks always.
ProtonPack83 liked this
By Peter Venkman Jr.
During a recent Target run, I purchased a Ghostbusters: Afterlife Plasma series Peter Venkman action figure. Target also had several of the other action figures from both the Plasma series and Fright Features for sale along with the role playing accessories. It is great to see this stuff in person, it feels just like my childhood again. Looking forward to getting the rest of the Afterlife Plasma series action figures here.
By Broccoli
I don't know if this has been mentioned here yet, but Hasbro PulseCon is happening October 22 and 23. Ghostbusters will be represented this year. Any speculation/hopes on what will be revealed? If memory serves, last year they revealed the Wrecto Plasma Series and the retro Ghost Popper.
By Leolao
Broccoli wrote:I don't know if this has been mentioned here yet, but Hasbro PulseCon is happening October 22 and 23. Ghostbusters will be represented this year. Any speculation/hopes on what will be revealed? If memory serves, last year they revealed the Wrecto Plasma Series and the retro Ghost Popper.
Hopefully:
-Plasma Series Real Ghostbusters with Samhain or Boogieman BAF
-1/12 Ecto 1 or Ecto 2
-More Prop Replicas
-New Firehouse

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]