Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
Hi! I'm new to this board and I have a question about an old Kenner Ghostbusters toy. My mother passed away in 2017 and I've been slowly going through boxes in the family basement. One box had a few new toys from when my siblings and I were kids. One of the toys is The Real Ghostbusters Ecto-Headphones. It must have been a toy my mother intended to give my older brother but either forgot or never got a chance to.

Anyway, the toy is still brand new in box and the box is in good condition. It does have some wear and damage due to age, but still looks really great. I was wondering if anyone has any idea what that particular toy is worth? My older brother did not keep up with collecting Ghostbusters toys to make it worth holding onto. I was thinking about putting it on eBay, but I have no idea what price to list it as. I've been on and off trying to find background info and other listings for one for the last couple of years with no luck.

I recently noticed someone listed one on eBay for the ridiculous price of over $600 CAD and I think that must be bonkers. I would love an opinion on what's actually a ballpark for this toy. If anyone has any advice for me I would greatly appreciate it! Here is a photo of the toy for reference. Thanks in advance for your help! Image
Last edited by Kingpin on January 8th, 2020, 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed image link
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

below_radar_00 wrote: January 9th, 2020, 9:10 am A good way to gauge value on something like this is via eBay completed listings. I only found one but it sold at auction for $242.50 USD. Based on that, $200-$300 USD would be a safe bet in my opinion.
Thank you so much! I've actually been trying to monitor the completed listings on eBay, but probably because I'm using eBay Canada I couldn't see the previous sale as I guess the seller was not shipping to Canada. I'll keep in mind to visit eBay.com for a better picture.

Really surprised at the value of it, though! I can't believe this toy could become so valuable so when I sell it I'll definitely wrap it very carefully for shipping and be very transparent about the box condition. Thanks again for your help!
below_radar_00 liked this

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

No issue with Spongeface keepalive and TalentCel[…]

After 2 years of this failed Walmart trap conversi[…]

Wanna play Unleashed with me?

I'm ready big man whenever you want let's goooooo.[…]