Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
well I don't want to get in trouble so nothing about the movie.

You will need to be at the first showing of the movie tomorrow for any chance at getting one of these for $34.95 and the people at the concession stand (at the theater I went to) allowed one person to buy 3 so get there early.

It's really nice considering its a 1/16 or so scale popcorn container.
gamera1968 liked this
I also picked up one tonight because it's the Ecto-1. (or 'Wrecto-1')
I have nothing to say here about any movies, whatsoever.
Pitstain liked this
Pitstain wrote: November 18th, 2021, 8:57 pm well I don't want to get in trouble so nothing about the movie.

You will need to be at the first showing of the movie tomorrow for any chance at getting one of these for $34.95 and the people at the concession stand (at the theater I went to) allowed one person to buy 3 so get there early.

It's really nice considering its a 1/16 or so scale popcorn container.
Someone is posting a pic claiming they'll be on sale online soon from AMC's website. That conflicts with the ads saying "in theater exclusive" as well as what various AMC employees have been saying. Guess time will tell but hopefully they don't sell them online. The point of an exclusive goes out the windoe then.

gamera1968 liked this
If AMC had them available to everyone who saw it opening day, I'd be okay with it being an exclusive.. I went to one that was supposed to be participating but the theater never revived any..

No reason to be exclusive unless you're trying to scalp them
I just did a quick search on evil-bay and yep, there are a lot of them up there already. Some going for over $300!! :sigh:
I'm seriously glad I didn't make the three hour drive to the AMC that was listed as participating in the Ecto-1 buckets only to get there and be dissapointed. It is super awesome to see them putting them online next week and hopefully the manage to get ahead of the scalpers. Maybe make it exclusive to a member sign up thing.
ccv66 liked this
timeware wrote: November 20th, 2021, 10:07 pm Hell yeah. Just hope it's organized.
What's there to organize?
timeware wrote: November 21st, 2021, 1:44 am What I mean be organized, is making sure it's not a scalpers free for all.
Like a limit of 4 per order or something? Aight.
they were available yesterday on AMC's website, limit 2 per person. The first 80 were signed by Dan Aykroyd. I was lucky enough to order one before the initial set sold out (guarantee I wasn't one of the first 80) but they are still available on AMC's web site for a pre-order to be shipped in January.
The site was a mess once they went on sale. It kept crashing and making you wait in a virtual line for up to 40-50 minutes at some points. They sold out of the original lot pretty quick and then opened up for limited pre orders for a lot going out in January... but as of this moment they are marked as Sold Out. So I guess that's the end of that. Hopefully you all got ones that wanted them. I managed to get one and I'm excited to put it in the collection.
I had gone to an AMC theater for the premier but they had sold out of the very few they got before the first showing.
I forgot all about it at work yesterday but managed to get in with the January pre-order in the mid afternoon once I got home. Hopefully they actually fill the pre-orders and not run short and unable to follow through. I would rather pay AMC the $40 plus shipping than the outrageous prices that I have seen on eBay.
People on the FB groups have been losing their mind over this thing. Maybe it's because I have the Playmobil Ectos, but I just don't see the fervent appeal for this specific collectible. The Plasma series Wrecto largely collected dust on shelves at Target until it was clearanced for 30-50% off and now everyone has to have a popcorn bucket that lights up for the same price?
deadderek liked this
timeware wrote: November 24th, 2021, 10:02 am I didn't know they were signed by Dan. I got into AMC an hour into the sale so keeping my fingers crossed. I will take pics if i'm one of the lucky ones who got a signed bucket! It was around 11:30. So that would be friggin awesome if I got one.
It was only the first 80 signed. I was on the page when it went live. It took over thirty minutes for me to check out, initially telling me they were out of stock, but then letting me complete my order. I doubt I got one of the signed ones. The email I got did confirm mine is on the way, not one of the pre-orders for January though.
I didn't get the out of stock thing, but I did have to wait in line so i'm guessing that's a no for the signed bucket. But shipping is telling me the package is on the way so who knows what we got.

so I guess we find out in a few days if we managed to snag one. If that's the case It would be really tempting to trade one for a Hasbro Plus Proton Pack! Although i'm not counting on getting one at all but I'd find a nice display case for it. I'm glad I snagged one, but having a signed version would be an added bonus!
Realized I should have posted this the day I saw the movie last week, woops. Anyone who has the Ecto-bucket I recommend checking the batteries. My buckets lights weren't working so I checked to see if it was batteries not included. It did come with them, but they had leaked. I figure these were probably sitting in storage for a year or more so I'm not surprised. Thankfully they didn't leak to the point of ruining the lights, just a bit leaked onto the batteries themselves. Swapped them out for fresh and it works fine. So unless you plan to keep it in the box forever I'd take a peek at the batteries to be safe.
timeware wrote: November 24th, 2021, 12:00 pm so I guess we find out in a few days if we managed to snag one. If that's the case It would be really tempting to trade one for a Hasbro Plus Proton Pack!
No one will trade a popcorn container for a HasLab Pack.
Dragonfire82877 liked this
deadderek wrote: November 28th, 2021, 7:46 am
timeware wrote: November 24th, 2021, 12:00 pm so I guess we find out in a few days if we managed to snag one. If that's the case It would be really tempting to trade one for a Hasbro Plus Proton Pack!
Even if the popcorn Ecto is signed by Aykroyd, I don’t see anyone trading a pack for it.
deadderek liked this
deadderek wrote: November 28th, 2021, 7:46 am
It was a joke. I wasn't being serious, and i'm backing one anyhow.
I mean sure no one would literally trade the bucket for a pack, but if people are actually buying the buckets for 300 that could help pay for backing a pack. I'm curious if any of the buckets have sold at that price though because there's collectable Ectos that are far more detailed at a much cheaper price than 300. Sure they can't hold popcorn but... that wasn't really one of Ecto's strong points to begin with.
timeware wrote: November 24th, 2021, 12:00 pm I didn't get the out of stock thing, but I did have to wait in line so i'm guessing that's a no for the signed bucket. But shipping is telling me the package is on the way so who knows what we got.

so I guess we find out in a few days if we managed to snag one. If that's the case It would be really tempting to trade one for a Hasbro Plus Proton Pack! Although i'm not counting on getting one at all but I'd find a nice display case for it. I'm glad I snagged one, but having a signed version would be an added bonus!
Does your tracking show any movement? Mine just says the labels been made and has for days.
I didn't get a tracking number. If it doesn't show up by next week i'll be sending AMC an e-mail for sure. I got a reciept of the order, and an order number. It says allow 2 to 4 weeks so i'm hoping it doesn't take that long which means a no on the signed buckets for us.

yeah ive seen some crazy scalper prices on the buckets so far, some that aren't even in hand yet. This is why I hate scalpers. They buy in bulk leaving out the true fans in the wind and they never sell their items and the fans never get a hold of said item because of some greedy a-hole.

(I'm not opposed to people making money, it's just a shitty practice.)
oidoglr liked this

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]