ganthorion wrote:I've just gotten a big parcel from the US today containing an Alice Pack w/straps, zip-up Paratrooper boots and a flightsuit (which unfortunately I seem to be a little bit too tall for it *wince*), so I'm off to a good start :D
Can I ask how much that set you back roughly?

I think I just really need to get off my butt and just start making a pack.
class-pain101 wrote:
ganthorion wrote:I've just gotten a big parcel from the US today containing an Alice Pack w/straps, zip-up Paratrooper boots and a flightsuit (which unfortunately I seem to be a little bit too tall for it *wince*), so I'm off to a good start :D
Can I ask how much that set you back roughly?

I think I just really need to get off my butt and just start making a pack.
Not at all, I'll grab the break down (all in US$). Btw I bought these from http://www.armynavydeals.com

Flightsuits = $35.96
Zipper Paratrooper Boots = $58.46
ALICE PACK FRAME = $35.96

I got a lot of other stuff with that order so the freight would probably be different so I won't bother posting that. I also bought some web belts from here, but that was on store credit so I'm not sure how much they cost (it isn't on my online order page) but they do have them. I got the size US 13 boots, which fitting a treat even though I should be US 14. That being said, even with exchange and postage, it was less then trying to buy them from over here.
Hey thanks ganthorion. That site is brilliant, I never would have stumbled across that. My first couple of searches in the net for Alice packs didn't help my motivation at all. Don't know where I was looking but they weren't anywhere near as affordable as those ones.
No problems, glad to help. I stumbled across that site over a year ago looking for parts for a different costume and made note of the Alice frame.. wish I had bought it back then it was slightly cheaper. I think there might be cheaper frames out there, but I wanted to get a load of other stuff as well (they also do vintage WWII era gear as well).
Hey guys, I'm going to revive this thread, she's been flat lining for a bit too long.

Newbie(ish) from Brisbane reporting in. I know there are a few more guys around my neck of the woods but they aren't active. I'm currently building costumes for myself and a few mates, so I've been lurking around the boards for a while, just the first time I've posted in a while.

Would love to hear from the local aussie GBs, Mr Venkman Blues, whereabouts in T'ville are you? I used to live up that way, been thinking of making a return visit at some stage.
Hey peoples,

I've been a member for a while but thought I better post here and give some love for the Aussie crew!

Im from Adelaide and very keen to join a GB Oz club or something of the like.....

Also I've started work on my own scratchbuilt pack. Here's the link

http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... =2&t=24204

I welcome any feedback/criticism you guys have and I'm more than happy to answer questions. I'd be keen to find out any local places to source parts too.

Cheers :)
Davros wrote:Hi all.
I live in Perth and have buit a pack and Dalek.
I have a few pics and posts on proptopia.
If anyone is nearby, would be great to catch up and compare stuff
I doubt (unfortunately) that there is enough people with these interests around here,
but that doesnt bother me
Cheers
Dave

hi dave the dalek looks awesome buddy ...I along with ozspook also built a dalek , but this was done on a shoestring budget for a fancy dress costume. it was 2001, so the theme was sci-fi the body is a compsot bin, the dome was a 1970 fluro green lightshade, and it had a vader voice changer and flashing lights...inside it was a chair you sat on and it was on wheels to get around.....all up cost me $100 to build.

G'day, I'm from Melbourne :D You're right, doesn't seem to be many fans around...
I am an Aussie GB fan (I have both films and S1 of Real Ghostbusters on DVD, would get more RGB if it was available on DVD in Oz but its not).
My only regret is that my viewings of Ghostbusters are limited to DVD and FTA TV and that I have never experienced Ghostbusters in full glorious HD with full surround sound.
jonwil wrote:I am an Aussie GB fan (I have both films and S1 of Real Ghostbusters on DVD, would get more RGB if it was available on DVD in Oz but its not).
My only regret is that my viewings of Ghostbusters are limited to DVD and FTA TV and that I have never experienced Ghostbusters in full glorious HD with full surround sound.
Hello and welcome! With GBII to be soon available on Blu-ray we'll all be able to enjoy both movies in glorious HD. Hopefully we'll be having both movies back in cinemas too this year.
Of course its coopers mate Im a south aussie like you. Hard to find australian owned breweries these days. Oh I know some that make up their own recipes but I find it a hassle enough without making it harder. Novelty has worn off I guess. I dont drink that much though. Im still on last years 3 brews
So yeah hope you like coopers.
BobaTone liked this
Signing in from Brisbane. Looks like there is a local team on Facebook, don't know too much about them though. Always thought that it would be nice to participate in some charity work, kids hospital appearance etc. Although i must admit that I would have to work up the guts first.

Pete
BobaTone liked this
Signing in from Tasmania, Australia. I have had a box full of parts for an age and finally decided to finish it.

What I have thus far;

Fibrglass pull of the Sony pack (cleaned up)
Throwing Chicken resin gun kit
Correct ALICE frame
A sound and light kit for the gun (who knows if it works)
Various bits and bobs.

I need to nab alot of stuff to get this puppy off the ground. Any local boys able to help?

Cheers
T
A
Z

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]