Have you picked up your AMT Ecto-1a model yet? Start a topic in this forum and share your build along with hundreds of others!
By SSJChar
Hey all, I was at michaels and picked up an ecto-1a model and while looking for info about it I found this great site.
I have some questions about the model though. I see some people make modifications to theirs, what part of this model is not accurate and is there any reference material that shows whats wrong? I'm not that great of a modeller but it would be nice to see what changes I could potentially do as time goes on.
I love the ecto-1a, it seems a lot more 'complete' than the one from the first movie with more markings and stuff in the rack, but with that said, I'm really not a fan of the '2' logo on it. I know the model came with some original style decals, but how sacrilege would it be of me to put that logo on instead of the proper one? I know this is contradicting my first question in regards of accuracy, but I honestly think it'd look better, even though less accurate.
By Fritz
SSJChar wrote:Hey all, I was at michaels and picked up an ecto-1a model and while looking for info about it I found this great site.
I have some questions about the model though. I see some people make modifications to theirs, what part of this model is not accurate and is there any reference material that shows whats wrong? I'm not that great of a modeller but it would be nice to see what changes I could potentially do as time goes on.
Probably the best place to start is the Reference Section here at GBFans:
http://www.gbfans.com/equipment/reference/
I love the ecto-1a, it seems a lot more 'complete' than the one from the first movie with more markings and stuff in the rack, but with that said, I'm really not a fan of the '2' logo on it. I know the model came with some original style decals, but how sacrilege would it be of me to put that logo on instead of the proper one? I know this is contradicting my first question in regards of accuracy, but I honestly think it'd look better, even though less accurate.
Well, why not? It's what I did. The pictures in my build thread are dead right now, but until I get them all reloaded here's a couple of samples:

Note that I made my own copy of the GB1 logo decal to do this--the kit only comes with three. With only three you'd have to leave off the one on the hood.

Hope this is helpful!
By SSJChar
cool cool thanks for the reply, and your car looks great, cant wait to see the pictures hosted again. I have no idea when i'll be starting it, but I sure am excited. may have to wait till spring or summer, no real place to spray my paint indoors(the windows are kinda wacky and the part that opens is way at the top) and the garage/outside is still pretty dang cold. gives me time to plan it out though
By Matt Campbell
SSJChar wrote: I love the ecto-1a, it seems a lot more 'complete' than the one from the first movie with more markings and stuff in the rack, but with that said, I'm really not a fan of the '2' logo on it. I know the model came with some original style decals, but how sacrilege would it be of me to put that logo on instead of the proper one? I know this is contradicting my first question in regards of accuracy, but I honestly think it'd look better, even though less accurate.
With the original no ghost logo on there it wouldn't be movie accurate no, but it it would be sort of accurate to the comics. When the IDW ongoing series started they were using the 1A design for the car the only differences between the 1A in Ghostbusters 2 and the comics was the GB2 logo on the doors was changed to the original logo & removed completely from the hood, and the light bars and deck lights were blue like they were on the original Ecto, and for some stupid reason they removed the red fins. I myself have 2 of these model kits and when I finally get around to getting them completed I want to have a movie accurate one and comic version one but complete with the fins.

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]