Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
timeware wrote:First ive been clear on my feelings about the Douchebusters Milo and Cassidy. Second, white privelage? Really Richardless? Must not be working for me since ive been turned down for numerous job interviews over the years. Could be my ADD, or could be that i'm an asshole. Who knows. :whatever:
While it could be your ADD or that your breath stinks I can tell you it didn't happen because you were white. Minorities loose out on jobs every day because the colour of their skin, which is why affirmative action exists. They worry about getting shot by the cops if they twitch their eyebrows, they worry about their sons and daughters getting the same chances and treatment as everyone else.
you claim in your previous post that white people are never turned down jobs due to white privilege. That's BS and you know it. While I am employed, Huge companies like Wal Mart and Home Depot are diversifying the work force more then ever these days. Your statement on cops is a tad mis guided. While some cops yes, are ass holes not every single cop is. Not every single cop has an itchy trigger finger.
pferreira1983 liked this
timeware wrote:you claim in your previous post that white people are never turned down jobs due to white privilege. That's BS and you know it. While I am employed, Huge companies like Wal Mart and Home Depot are diversifying the work force more then ever these days. Your statement on cops is a tad mis guided. While some cops yes, are ass holes not every single cop is. Not every single cop has an itchy trigger finger.
Please tell me where I said all cops are evil/assholes? Where did I say That they all have itchy trigger fingers? Don't play that game with me. You are putting words into my mouth. I said people of colour are afraid that if they do something wrong they will be shot. This is a very real issue. Maybe you don't have any multicultural friends or associates but the fear of police is burned into their culture..and for good reason. Of course there are good cops. Of course there are. But the instances of police brutality(the L.A riots, Rodney King, hello?) are on the record.
I said white people aren't turned down for jobs because the colour of their skin unlike people of colour. Don't deny that. Just don't. Don't embarrass yourself by comparing white people to black people in regards to job discrimination. Just don't even try. Walmart and Home Depot? Seriously? Try raising a family while working at Home Depot. Not easy is it? I'm talking about jobs that someone can live off of. Again it shows how ignorant you are on the issue that you bring up Wal Mart and Home Depot. Yeah they can get jobs at McDonald's too. Yippee. How about a job working security? construction? White collar jobs? These are the places that discriminate. Do all of them do it? Hell no. Buts it there. Especially in the south. All you need to do is look at the disparity between what the average white male earns compared to the average black male. It's insulting.
Alphagaia liked this
Lets go through your post. “and I quote:
And if you don't understand what white privilege is, read a book. You may not have recieved a job because you are white but guess what? I can guarantee you've never been turned down a job because you are white.
I was mocking your invocation of white privilege and your claims that white people aren’t turned down jobs due to being white. It happens.

Again regarding companies like Walmart and home depot they are offering more then 13 dollars an hour these days, and offer a range of positions from management, to owner, to office positions that require college degrees. Now who’s ignorant?

I have multi cultural friends who own fast food chains and small business’. They would be insulted by you stating wal mart and home depot don’t offer decent pay. I wasn’t going to list every company in the known universe that hires minorities. NASA, the Gov, retail, Silicon Valley, the gaming industry. It’s a large list.

I never tried comparing white people to black people through job discrimination that was you putting words into my mouth, and you know your don’t just don’t routine isn’t going to keep me from responding.
Last edited by Kingpin on June 7th, 2017, 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added quote code for greater clarity
timeware wrote:Lets go through your post. “and I quote:
And if you don't understand what white privilege is, read a book. You may not have recieved a job because you are white but guess what? I can guarantee you've never been turned down a job because you are white.
I was mocking your invocation of white privilege and your claims that white people aren’t turned down jobs due to being white. It happens.

Again regarding companies like Walmart and home depot they are offering more then 13 dollars an hour these days, and offer a range of positions from management, to owner, to office positions that require college degrees. Now who’s ignorant?

I have multi cultural friends who own fast food chains and small business’. They would be insulted by you stating wal mart and home depot don’t offer decent pay. I wasn’t going to list every company in the known universe that hires minorities. NASA, the Gov, retail, Silicon Valley, the gaming industry. It’s a large list.

I never tried comparing white people to black people through job discrimination that was you putting words into my mouth, and you know your don’t just don’t routine isn’t going to keep me from responding.
Now whose ignorant? Pretty sure it's still you. 13 dollars an hour is going to be less than minimum wage where I live come January. 13 dollars an hour full time is still poverty. Also, do you know how many people, minority's especially, haven't been to college because of the socio economic conditions they grew up in? Their kids won't be able to afford college making 13 dollars an hour lol
By the way, nasa and the government are the same thing. Also? There's this thing called affirmative action which is used in--ah you know what? None of this is relevant to Ghostbusters. Why are we having this conversation.
Last edited by Kingpin on June 7th, 2017, 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added extra quote tags for greater clarity.
RichardLess wrote:
timeware wrote:Lets go through your post. “and I quote “And if you don't understand what white privilege is, read a book. You may not have recieved a job because you are white but guess what? I can guarantee you've never been turned down a job because you are white. “

Now whose ignorant? Pretty sure it's still you. 13 dollars an hour is going to be less than minimum wage where I live come January. 13 dollars an hour full time is still poverty. Also, do you know how many people, minority's especially, haven't been to college because of the socio economic conditions they grew up in? Their kids won't be able to afford college making 13 dollars an hour lol
By the way, nasa and the government are the same thing. Also? There's this thing called affirmative action which is used in--ah you know what? None of this is relevant to Ghostbusters. Why are we having this conversation.
Sorry I just have to say I reread your post and missed the part where you actually, seriously, with what was I assume a straight face, said people get turned down for a job because they are white. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Thanks for the laugh man. I needed that. Cause you had to be joking. I mean you had to be, right? Imagine someone getting turned down an opportunity because they were white? Lol good one.
These were your words I had quoted. You cant sit there and tell me that it doesn’t sound bizarre for you to claim that every white person who has ever applied for a job has never been turned away from a position. Regardless of whether or not you are white or a minority people are turned away from positions all the time.
pferreira1983 liked this
RichardLess wrote: Imagine someone getting turned down an opportunity because they were white? Lol good one.
You must not have ever worked for a public university before.... well, if you're white, then maybe not.

Anyway, back on topic:
https://qz.com/1002615/critics-trashed- ... -to-do-it/
I feel bad for the potential of new Universal Monsters, but they never should have put it in the hands of Alex Kurtzman...he is a cancer to moviemaking. I just hope moviegoers have enough sense to stay away before it spreads.
*edit*

More GBoot pooping!
RichardLess wrote:It's funny how you constantly contradict your own opinions. You hate how PC everything has become and yet you don't want to vilify someone who is clearly a villian? That seems pretty 2017 PC to me.
I'm not contradicting myself. Why would I vilify someone you have a strong hatred for and I'm indifferent about just to please you? Or is that just too PC 2017 or whatever you mean?
RichardLess wrote:It's a good vs evil thing.
Or you could just turn off the computer, go outside and read a book. It's been great weather outside here in the UK. Instead of playing your own Masters of the Universe you could just ignore a hypocrite who gets attention on social media and just do something relaxing. Buy an adult colouring book, that helps with stress. :lol:
RichardLess wrote:And if you don't understand what white privilege is, read a book. You may not have recieved a job because you are white but guess what? I can guarantee you've never been turned down a job because you are white. That's white privilege. I've seen more people of colour get turned down for a job due to the colour of their skin than I care to admit. I benefit from white privilege and so do you. Do you get afraid to the point of shaking, when a cop pulls you over? No. That's white privilege. Do you get looked at funny when you enter a store because you are wearing a turban? No.
Refer back to my previous post and take in what I said about that. I'm not repeating myself again. I want to add to that anyone who believes in that rubbish deserves to be laughed at for their own incompetence. I've experienced more hardship than some people who are in the 'ethnic minorities' (hate that term as well). So don't go there, I know what I'm talking about.
timeware wrote:Second, white privelage? Really Richardless? Must not be working for me since ive been turned down for numerous job interviews over the years. Could be my ADD, or could be that i'm an asshole. Who knows. :whatever:
It's called 'positive discrimination', there's nothing positive about it mind you. Of course I wonder if Richardless can grasp what 'positive discrimination' is.
RichardLess wrote:They worry about getting shot by the cops if they twitch their eyebrows, they worry about their sons and daughters getting the same chances and treatment as everyone else.
I got immediately dismissed from being applicable for an internship because I was white. I didn't imagine it, I didn't dream it, I didn't assume incorrectly, THEY TOLD ME THIS DIRECTLY!!! Try to learn before making ignorant comments please. Some people here are more qualified to speak on these topics.
Kingpin wrote:Do you know anyone who is transgender? Who has gone through the transitioning process? If you do then I'm surprised by what you're saying, and if you don't, then I think you've just adequately displayed your ignorance on the subject.
I've not displayed any ignorance on the subject. If you fail to understand that transitioning has also become a fad then that's your problem for being close minded.
Kingpin wrote:Transitioning is not about gender politics, as I've said previously it is about allowing the person to feel more comfortable in their own skin, and to present the identity they feel is the most genuine one.
And a lot of the time it is because they hate being a man because they're a feminist. It happens, it's not a big thing but it's not uncommon for radical feminists to do this.
Kingpin wrote:Do you recall which individuals have led you to this conclusion?
I've seen articles and YTs who have transitioned and are diehard feminists. Trying to reason with them is like trying to reason with you. :roll:
Kingpin wrote:He is, for the lack of a better word, a traitor.
So essentially because he's not actively pursuing gay rights he's a traitor? Granted his views on being gay sound terrible but I'd have more trouble if he was saying all these things and he wasn't gay.
Kingpin wrote:The sad thing is I can even believe he might've invented the whole account regarding the abuse so that it might engender sympathy for him.
Kingpin wrote:The above quotations alone prove either a genuine, or pantomime case of internalised homophobia.
Which surprisingly you're saying because you don't like him. I think you need to step back and not be so emotionally involved with what he says but still listen to his rubbish arguments. I think anybody who says they've been abused should be listened to to begin with.
Kingpin wrote:Yet we're not talking about Anita, please don't change the subject.
Same thing, they're both Internet trolls although you'd more likely support her because you identity with her politics. Talk about remaining objective Kingpin. :roll:
Kingpin wrote:Have you ever thought that maybe, just maybe, most of the reports about Milo's aberrant habits are true?
I'm sure some are. I also believe some are made up by the left because it's a case as usual of one side attacking another while going back and forth.
Kingpin wrote:I like to believe that sometimes we can put politics aside to denounce a person who can be commonly described by both sides of the political divide as reprehensible, who falls so far short of the standard that should be considered a reasonable and decent human being.
Yet you're quick to decide who is on which side without understanding them better?
Kingpin wrote:I stand by my feeling that that has been enough time to build a reasonable guess as to your political leanings. But let's look further, you've been generally opposed to feminism and political correctness in your views, fairly unsympathetic... or even dismissive in regards to transgender issues, you've gone out of your way to defend someone who can be reasonably described as an anti-gay social media troll...
One of the few things we haven't really covered are your views on the environment... but still, you just seem to be more right than middle, as I honestly struggle to think of an issue in which you've presented an opinion that was even minimally liberal.
You've seen what you want to see. You've come across as judgemental towards me and quick to launch into "I know better speeches" when you haven't remained objective at least once in our conversations. I don't mind gay people at all and while I have opposed PC and feminism it's been with very valid reasons. If everybody followed feminism present on say social media the world would be corrupted. Sure you might like that but there's enough problems with the world we need further screw ups thanks.
Kingpin wrote:Well, you might be inclined to think that... given you're white. :)
I might also be inclined to think it has nothing to do with race and 'white privilege' is absolute nonsense. :wink:
Kingpin wrote:Permit me to make a few extra guesses: you're for smaller government and less regulation, you would support a greater right to bear arms in one form or another, you'd be in favour of greater influence by the church in the way the government runs/is crafter, and you'd prefer less influence from special interests?
Amazing Kingpin, absolute fantastic sound judgement as usual except well...

pferreira1983 wrote:Why would I vilify someone you have a strong hatred for and I'm indifferent about just to please you?
You seemed a bit more than indifferent earlier, when you seemed to be making an effort to defend Milo. It doesn't have to be a matter of pleasing Richard, but a matter of joining together to condemn an individual who falls far below the standard for being a decent human being - any reasonable person can clearly see Milo is a troll.
pferreira1983 wrote:Or you could just turn off the computer, go outside and read a book.
Excellent advice... I strongly recommend it to you in regard to that TMNT production staffer you don't get on with. :)
pferreira1983 wrote: 'ethnic minorities' (hate that term as well).
Of course you do. :eyeroll:
pferreira1983 wrote:So essentially because he's not actively pursuing gay rights he's a traitor?
No, he's a traitor to the gay/lbt community because he says gay rights are detrimental to society, that people like me should go back into the closet, and that he's given clout to the popular lie that being gay is a "lifestyle choice".
pferreira1983 wrote:although you'd more likely support her because you identity with her politics. Talk about remaining objective Kingpin.
I'm only aware of her in passing through you bringing her up. I've not read anything she's written, nor am I going to make any extra effort to do so. Weren't you were chewing me out a minute ago for making assumptions? :)
pferreira1983 wrote:Yet you're quick to decide who is on which side without understanding them better?
I don't feel I've been particularly unfair to him, but regardless of my opinion, I think his actions speak for themselves.
pferreira1983 wrote:I've not displayed any ignorance on the subject.
pferreira1983 wrote:And a lot of the time it is because they hate being a man because they're a feminist.
pferreira1983 wrote:amongst some die hard left it has become a bit of a fad.
pferreira1983 wrote:If you fail to understand that transitioning has also become a fad then that's your problem for being close minded.
I rest my case.

Now I have a question, do you have a scientific study, or an actual example of someone who has actually transitioned because they are a "man-hating feminist"? I'm going to guess you don't, as that claim is utter bollocks.

Suggesting that some people transition for the sole reason that they're ultra-feminists who hate themselves because they were born in a male body is as (if not more) ludicrous as suggesting I'm gay because I didn't have a strong enough father figure in my life, or that I spent too much time with my mother, or that it's a phase and I'm being 'rebellious'. That's the sort of nonsensical pseudoscience which is often pretty popular with the right-wing and alt-right communities.

I feel I need to make something clear here, GBFans is a forum that welcomes all, and as such there's bound to be at least some members here who are transgender. For their sake I would ask you to keep your opinions about being transgender to yourself.
pferreira1983, I have a question for you. Irregardless on your feelings about whether he has the right to express himself or not, and irregardless of your feeling on the reboot; are you seriously not able to even acknowledge that Milo and his actions are racist, homophobic, and wrong?
Kingpin liked this
featofstrength wrote:Take us back in time about 2 years, Toucan Sam...
...And you believe he feels differently now than he did then why?

As far as I'm concerned, you and I are no longer on speaking terms. That comparison is wrong and appalling.
Take us back in time about 2 years, Toucan Sam...
People need to know why we dislike Milo and Cassidy. Some members aren't going to go back through two thousand posts since last year to understand why. Calling them Douchebusters is affording them a nicety they don't deserve.
JurorNo.2, Sav C liked this
Sav C wrote:pferreira1983, I have a question for you. Irregardless on your feelings about whether he has the right to express himself or not, and irregardless of your feeling on the reboot; are you seriously not able to even acknowledge that Milo and his actions are racist, homophobic, and wrong?
He probably did and that's nasty. He also has said some things I agree with and anything that ruffles up the social justice status quo I'm happy although I'd rather it didn't come from someone who's been racist.
timeware wrote:Milo compared Leslie to an ape. That wasn't just bull shit it was racist.
People still compare her to an ape. Yeah it's nasty and racist but we can't forget it wasn't just one person. Oh boy I love social media sometimes. :roll:
Kingpin wrote:You seemed a bit more than indifferent earlier, when you seemed to be making an effort to defend Milo. It doesn't have to be a matter of pleasing Richard, but a matter of joining together to condemn an individual who falls far below the standard for being a decent human being - any reasonable person can clearly see Milo is a troll.
My point is that I can't trust what people say who lean towards one side of the political spectrum. I get warning signals when someone on the radical left for instance criticises the right. There's no objectivity, just subjectivity. Milo's views on the reboot happen to take my side unfortunately but then the alternative is to allow the left to have their way all the time which is shall we say...not fair. :-|
Kingpin wrote:Excellent advice... I strongly recommend it to you in regard to that TMNT production staffer you don't get on with. :)
I do that. I worry some here don't. :-D
Kingpin wrote:Of course you do. :eyeroll:
Look if you support racial segregation that's fine by me but in a way you don't come across any better than Milo.
Kingpin wrote:No, he's a traitor to the gay/lbt community because he says gay rights are detrimental to society, that people like me should go back into the closet, and that he's given clout to the popular lie that being gay is a "lifestyle choice".
So don't listen! Go outside and read a book in the real world.
Kingpin wrote:I'm only aware of her in passing through you bringing her up. I've not read anything she's written, nor am I going to make any extra effort to do so. Weren't you were chewing me out a minute ago for making assumptions? :)
I'm going to remain ignorant just in case someone on my political end might just be as bad as Milo. That sounds about right doesn't it Kingpin? This is why I'm not right or left. I don't ignore one side because "I can't be bothered".
Kingpin wrote:Now I have a question, do you have a scientific study, or an actual example of someone who has actually transitioned because they are a "man-hating feminist"? I'm going to guess you don't, as that claim is utter bollocks.
Google it, you'll find your answers. Transfeminism seems part of it.
Kingpin wrote:Suggesting that some people transition for the sole reason that they're ultra-feminists who hate themselves because they were born in a male body is as (if not more) ludicrous as suggesting I'm gay because I didn't have a strong enough father figure in my life, or that I spent too much time with my mother, or that it's a phase and I'm being 'rebellious'. That's the sort of nonsensical pseudoscience which is often pretty popular with the right-wing and alt-right communities.
Yeah it is nonsense although not uncommon. There are people also who are addicted to plastic surgery. Crazy world we live in eh? :wink:
Kingpin wrote:I feel I need to make something clear here, GBFans is a forum that welcomes all, and as such there's bound to be at least some members here who are transgender. For their sake I would ask you to keep your opinions about being transgender to yourself.
I'd also ask you not to assume or judge what end of the political spectrum people are on without getting to understand them first. Don't attack someone just because they're view isn't strictly left wing. As mod I expected better behaviour from you. :-|
pferreira1983 wrote:Look if you support racial segregation that's fine by me but in a way you don't come across any better than Milo.
I don't support racial segregation (not really sure how you would jump to that conclusion), I do acknowledge that we aren't all the same, and be it on the basis of religion, custom or originating nationality, some within the population can be described as minorities due to their varying ethnicity.
pferreira1983 wrote:So don't listen! Go outside and read a book in the real world.
I don't listen to him (and I read paperback fiction on a regular basis), but I'm not going to bury my head in the sand because his words and actions make things more difficult for people like him. LGBTQ teenagers can and do commit suicide because of the abuse they receive, and Milo's remarks and actions contribute to that culture.
pferreira1983 wrote:I'm going to remain ignorant just in case someone on my political end might just be as bad as Milo. That sounds about right doesn't it Kingpin?
So in the same breath as instructing me to ignore Milo, you're also going to condemn me for not paying enough attention to Anita? Make up your mind.

Given that this extended stint into political discourse has replaced the original subject of the topic (possibly because that discussion had reached it's inevitable conclusion), it may be for the best just to nip things in the bud and lock it up.

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]