Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
JurorNo.2 wrote:Well I mean I can understand that Hollywood often does "period-lite." Christopher Guest is one of the few directors to do it well, IMO. I haven't seen Stranger Things or Mad Men so I can't pass judgement.
If you love Stephen King, early Amblin era flicks like E.T, Goonies, Back to the Future & Gremlins mixed with a dash of John Carpenter, then Stranger Things is right up your alley.

Mad Men is one of the best written drama shows of all time after The Sopranos, Deadwood and The Wire. If you like great characters and have an interest in seeing how style, attitudes and pop culture changed during the counter culture era of the '60s at a New York ad agency then you'll love it. Don Draper as played by Jon Hamm is a riddle inside an enigma wrapped in a mystery.
Sav C, Clifton Sleigh liked this
RichardLess wrote:You are just a sad troll. And a liar. You are completely lying about the Spider man 3.1 thing. And don't try to be condescending, because you suck at it. You were wrong about the Spiderman thing and don't even have the decency to admit it so you try and lie about what was being discussed.
You think I'm referring to the 'recent' boxset of 2007. I rest my case...
RichardLess wrote:The only thing I'm embarrassed about is you liking posts I've made. No wonder fans like Juror are militant against reboot haters. People like you are the worst of us.
It's people like you that give forums and social media a bad name. There, I didn't want to say it but had to admit the truth about you.
JurorNo.2 wrote:You're saying they're trying too hard to scream "80s!!!" and therefore it feels more like an 80s themed party than an accurate period piece. Yes?
Correct!
Alphagaia wrote:But do we really want Pferreirra to explain his reasoning? I mean, look at the past.
My past? What? :-?
pferreira1983 wrote:
RichardLess wrote:You are just a sad troll. And a liar. You are completely lying about the Spider man 3.1 thing. And don't try to be condescending, because you suck at it. You were wrong about the Spiderman thing and don't even have the decency to admit it so you try and lie about what was being discussed.
You think I'm referring to the 'recent' boxset of 2007. I rest my case...
RichardLess wrote:The only thing I'm embarrassed about is you liking posts I've made. No wonder fans like Juror are militant against reboot haters. People like you are the worst of us.
It's people like you that give forums and social media a bad name. There, I didn't want to say it but had to admit the truth about you.
JurorNo.2 wrote:You're saying they're trying too hard to scream "80s!!!" and therefore it feels more like an 80s themed party than an accurate period piece. Yes?
Correct!
Alphagaia wrote:But do we really want Pferreirra to explain his reasoning? I mean, look at the past.
My past? What? :-?
The only blu Ray that was out when the leak was made was the 2007 version!! What drugs are you on? You claimed the 3.1 blu Ray was out when the leak happened, it wasn't.
RichardLess wrote:The only blu Ray that was out when the leak was made was the 2007 version!! What drugs are you on? You claimed the 3.1 blu Ray was out when the leak happened, it wasn't.
It was out by the time I posted. I saw online reviews. And where's this whole 2007 thing come from?
JurorNo.2 wrote: July 15th, 2017, 9:52 amAnother thing, I said ATC is a B+. As in, not an F or a D. And there was no good reason for Bayformers or BvS or Suicide Squad to make more money. The geek community did call this one poorly, IMO.
I'm sorry that you didn't like Transformers, BvS, and Suicide Squad, but guess what? Millions of people did love those movies enough to make them successes (as one wise person told me, a movie that makes mad book at the box office is not a movie hated by anybody in particular, but loved a lot, no matter how dubious it is artistically.) There's no bad or good call involved in this, it's just the hand dealt this movie, which I liked (the one flaw being Kevin; I would've replaced him with a male secretary similar to Janine Melnitz called Jerome Myerson, perhaps played by Jeremy Jordan [Win Schott on Supergirl ] who also has IT skills which come in handy for the ladies when they need to organize things.)

I hope that ATC has a second life on home video and on TV broadcasts, and that more people will watch it that way. As for the haters, they know who they are.
By SpaceBallz
Clifton Sleigh wrote: December 17th, 2018, 11:25 pmI hope that ATC has a second life on home video and on TV broadcasts, and that more people will watch it that way. As for the haters, they know who they are.
You're a little late for that one, It's been two years. And if that means the people who didn't like it are "haters" or "trolls" then whatever.
By Kingpin
SpaceBallz wrote: December 19th, 2018, 7:38 pmYou're a little late for that one, It's been two years. And if that means the people who didn't like it are "haters" or "trolls" then whatever.
It's never too late for the film to generate a little extra interest, and potentially even new fans from (at least) the television broadcast, the U.K. just had it's non-digital/cable premier of the reboot on Saturday of last week.
Alphagaia, Sav C, mike_waclo and 1 others liked this
By 80sguy
SpaceBallz wrote: December 19th, 2018, 7:38 pmYou're a little late for that one, It's been two years. And if that means the people who didn't like it are "haters" or "trolls" then whatever.
Disney's Atlantis The Lost Empire has gained fans over the years despite not having a great box office performance. There are a lot of films that have gained notoriety and fans well after they originally came out. It's not impossible to think that Ghostbusters ATC can get fans well after the fact (though I'm sure people will disagree).

To be clear "troll" and "hater" isn't referring to people who don't like the film. It refers to people who go out of their way to bash the film to point of becoming unreasonable.

They can hate it if they want, that's their opinion. But when it gets to a point where they act like their opinion is fact and anything else is wrong, it's a problem. There are people saying you're not a real Ghostbusters Fan if you like the the film. That's troll level. People down voting and saying they hated the film when they haven't even SEEN THE FILM? That's a hater.

I've seen facebook posts for ATC wishing happy birthday to the casts members, and it almost always has angry reacts and posts like "Garbage film, with garbage actor". Like really...all they're doing is wishing someone a happy birthday and they took that as opportunity to trash the actor. I didn't like the Micheal Bay Ninja Turtles, but I'm not gonna posting angry reacts or comments to a post wishing Megan Fox Happy Birthday.

Speaking of Ninja Turtles, the recent cartoon has gotten a surge of hate that's reminding a lot the ATC backlash. Again with the similar "True fans will only want this (insert version of the turtles)". Although the backlash isn't quiet as bad as Ghostbusters.
Alphagaia, Kingpin, mike_waclo and 1 others liked this
I didn't like the movie, or the notion of ignoring the previous movies.
I think Sony got it right with the new MIB International movie. Something not directly connected to the past, new characters, new threats but set in the same universe.

Feig said about GB3: "How do you tell another story in a world that already had two massive ghost attacks?". This new Men in Black is the answer (or Ocean Eight, speaking of all female versions of famous movies)
SpaceBallz liked this
By 80sguy
Davideverona wrote: December 21st, 2018, 4:49 amFeig said about GB3: "How do you tell another story in a world that already had two massive ghost attacks?". This new Men in Black is the answer (or Ocean Eight, speaking of all female versions of famous movies)
Since the film isn't out yet, it's hard to say how they well they're gonna handle the "another alien threat" story. MIB2 was pretty bad with how it handled that plot again. I think MIB3 did it much better because they presented the threat in a different way that had to be solved by going back in time. Plus we had a younger Kay taking up most of the film, so we had this alternate team up where he's with Kay, but then not really because he's different than the one he knows.

Not figuring out how to tell another Ghost Attack wasn't the sole problem. The drafts for he was given for GB3 more than likely had the same problem GB2 had. The film starting out with the GBs out of business and they have to come out of business to stop it, instead this time they have to hand it to new Ghostbusters. Feig said he liked GB2 but the problem he had with that film is that the GBs were casted out after saving the world and pretty much had to start over. In that regard, I can totally understand why he wouldn't want to do a repeat of GB2. You can only tell the "going back to business" so many times. An outline that has since leaked gave that impression.

Feig also made a point in saying if he made a bad Ghostbusters 3 it would taint the continuity of the original, and he didn't want that. If he messed up on the reboot, the original continuity will at least stay intact. Again, I can see where he's coming from. Look at the Terminator franchise. Two subsequent sequels and one reboot. Now they're doing a sequel that ignores after everything after T2, essentially making T3 version 2. Or if you want a franchise will really messed up continuity...look at Halloween.

While a reboot wasn't what I would have preferred, I could see why he chose that.
I seems like a rule was made by either Ivan Reitman or Harold Ramis after RGB that any new Ghostbusters story should involve New Yorkers not believing in ghosts and everyone thinks the Ghostbusters are frauds until ghosts start showing up then everyone starts believing.

GB2 and Extreme Ghostbusters did this while ATC made sure to set up a sequel in a world that the majority still doesn't believe in Ghosts.

The Real Ghostbusters never attempted to rationalize a world that ghosts exist.
they just had people witness ghosts all the time with the occasional skeptic that would never believe in ghost no matter what proof they had, the same for GBVG.

I really hope that if/when a new Cartoon or Movie comes out they skip the explanations on why nobody believes in Ghosts and just get down to the story and the threat like an episode of the RGB.
Kingpin liked this
By SpaceBallz
I think Sony learned some lessons from ATC. I've seen "Into the Spiderverse" (great movie btw) and the "MIB: International" trailer looks great. Prime example of a soft reboot whilst retaining the original character(s). Maybe they're testing the waters for the next GB project.
By timeware
I haven't seen the trailer for MIB yet. I would be about dumfounded if they didn't include the worms, the dog in some capacity. I think the dog wasn't needed as a sidekick so maybe they'll be able to adjust a new role for him that doesn't over power the agents.

As for the GB reference maybe...I would assume if there is a nod it would either come in the form of a giant sloar or a piece of equipment from either Classic or ATC. The same animation company did the MIB and Extreme Ghostbusters cartoons. Might not have anything to do with things but throwing that little tid bit out there.

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]