Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
The Staff of GBFans want to post fair warning that following tonight's special screening of Ghostbusters: Afterlife that specific spoilers may get posted in this thread.

User discretion from this point is advised.

Read more here: https://ew.com/movies/2019/01/15/new-gh ... ium=social

Will follow the 80's movies and have nothing to do with the reboot! Rejoice!
Last edited by deadderek on December 2nd, 2020, 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wafflerobot, NotSabbat, SpaceBallz and 6 others liked this
By DocLathropBrown
I don't see any reason why Ernie and Dan won't be in this. It will probably be what we should have gotten--a GB3 where they train a new team.

Would be nice if Bill showed up, but I won't hold my breath.
deadderek liked this
By DocLathropBrown
Kingpin wrote: January 15th, 2019, 6:46 pmFor nostalgia sakes: I'm not gonna hold my breath, but hope it does work out. :)
I'm seeing a lot of skepticism like this from others and I'm kind of surprised. I'd be as sarcastic as anyone if this was just another Dan Aykroyd interview, but this is an official announcement in Hollywood trades. What stopped GB3 for so many years was Murray having the right to say 'no,' and the process of making the reboot cleaned up the rights scuffle.

This isn't the old days. If Sony announces a GB movie then it will actually happen, now. None of the previous false-starts got as far as an industry trade announcement. This is for real.

Now, will the remaining GBs be in it? That's not confirmed, but given that it's a sequel I don't see why not (unless Jason didn't want them in it for some reason). This actually lines up with Dan's last interview where he was speaking (yet again) about a GB3 involving the classics. Only now, with this announcement, I guess it might have been true. I assume Dan was talking about Jason's film, but with Dan we can't be too sure, haha.

Shooting in a few months--Jason's right, he really WAS keeping this secret.
Last edited by DocLathropBrown on January 15th, 2019, 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deadderek, Sav C, SpaceBallz liked this
By deadderek
I myself thought it was another recycled article or one of the many "Dan says GB3 is happening" bull but even Ghost Corps shared the article. Legit.
Sav C liked this
By DocLathropBrown
deadderek wrote: January 15th, 2019, 7:10 pm 20 bucks says Bill makes a brief cameo at most.
Hard to say. After Zombieland, the game and the Scream Awards, I think Bill could be open to it, but it's a coin toss. Maybe even making peace with Harold might have taken the sour taste out (who knows, maybe he said 'no' for so many years because he didn't want to work with Ramis again?). Maybe that's how Bill decides his attitude toward GB in the mornings--a coin toss.

If he doesn't want to wear the pack again, it works. It sounds like they're casting for a young new team. Venkman can just lay around the office sassing the recruits. Ordering them to shine his boots or they'll get fired, etc... Might be really funny.

Either way, if Dan and Ernie are in, that's good enough for me. I'll gladly give up Venkman to see Stantz and Zeddemore again.
deadderek, Sav C liked this
By Kingpin
Kingpin wrote: January 15th, 2019, 6:46 pmI'm seeing a lot of skepticism like this from others and I'm kind of surprised. I'd be as sarcastic as anyone if this was just another Dan Aykroyd interview, but this is an official announcement in Hollywood trades. What stopped GB3 for so many years was Murray having the right to say 'no,' and the process of making the reboot cleaned up the rights scuffle.
Even confirmed films can have a habit of getting cancelled, or snarled up in production hell. Look at J.J. Abram's Star Trek 4, Spider-Man 4, Guardians of the Galaxy 3 and X-Men: Dark Phoenix.

I guess I've just learned to go be skeptical as a defence mechanism after all these years. :)
By *NormalGamer*
Kingpin wrote: January 15th, 2019, 6:46 pm For nostalgia sakes: I'm not gonna hold my breath, but hope it does work out. :)
Seconded. I'm cautiously optimistic.
philmorgan81, Merrimon liked this
By DocLathropBrown
Kingpin wrote: January 15th, 2019, 7:21 pm
Kingpin wrote: January 15th, 2019, 6:46 pmI'm seeing a lot of skepticism like this from others and I'm kind of surprised. I'd be as sarcastic as anyone if this was just another Dan Aykroyd interview, but this is an official announcement in Hollywood trades. What stopped GB3 for so many years was Murray having the right to say 'no,' and the process of making the reboot cleaned up the rights scuffle.
Even confirmed films can have a habit of getting cancelled, or snarled up in production hell. Look at J.J. Abram's Star Trek 4, Spider-Man 4, Guardians of the Galaxy 3 and X-Men: Dark Phoenix.
True, but for GB3, this is still more legit than it's ever been before. If this one gets cancelled, people will treat it the same, but it really isn't.

As far as the previous GB3s got was confirmation of hired writers (around after the game came out). Never a projected start date, as far as I recall. Before that even, it was just idle talk from Dan. So this is much more legit than before.

Truthfully, after the rights getting cleared up, I don't see any reason this won't happen.
By philmorgan81
Wow this just tops off a perfect day. :)

I really have a lot of confidence in this project. I mean the way Jason Reitman speaks about it just feels poetic. Ivan will be passing the directing Torch to his son yet deeply involved in the production as producer of this upcoming film, and hopefully have the remaining original players pass the torch of Ghostbusting, but be deeply involved in the story. It really feels like he wants to tell a funny yet emotional story and that sounds awesome. :):):)

Again this is shaping up to be a great few years for Ghostbusters. If the comic, new cartoon and animated film were not enough THIS was a real treat to hear about today. :):):)
deadderek, Sav C liked this
By Seth Rex
If a director wasn't hired, I'd agree and be cautious about this. But here's the thing. A director was hired, a production start time was given, and so was a release period. So clearly this isn't just "We're working on it".
deadderek, Sav C, Alphagaia liked this
By ghoulishfright
This is awesome news! I was just listening to Jason Reitman's interview with Kevin Smith on Smodcast last week, and given his perspective, I think he's the perfect choice for director. (It would also be cool if, in addition to directing, he made another cameo, reprising his role from GB2.)

I only hope that Dan Aykroyd has some input on the script, because his voice is so central to the films. He really is the heart of the Ghostbusters.

As for Bill Murray, I think the chances of him returning are great, because 1.) Jason Reitman has that indie cred, 2.) He probably wants to redeem himself after the 2016 reboot, and 3.) he's reportedly working with Dan Aykroyd on Zombieland 2 of all things, so why not GB3 while he's at it?
By 80sguy
Seth Rex wrote: January 15th, 2019, 7:46 pm If a director wasn't hired, I'd agree and be cautious about this. But here's the thing. A director was hired, a production start time was given, and so was a release period. So clearly this isn't just "We're working on it".
Having a director doesn't guarantee anything either. The RoboCop remake originally had a different director and was planned for 2010. The director eventually left and the film got stuck in limbo. The film eventually got made, but it shows having a director isn't a sure thing. Lots of things can happen during production.
By timeware
I really, really hope this is legit. I really, really hope that Paul goes nowhere near this. After years of being told it was happening then nothing i'll believe it when they "leak" photos of the new cast and equipment. It's been a bit since we've heard anything about the new Robocop movie that was announced. This is pure awesomeness if it's happening, and i'll be right there with you guys in the large parade of GB fans rushing into the fire house as cameras start to roll.
deadderek liked this
By deadderek
timeware wrote: January 15th, 2019, 9:28 pm I really, really hope this is legit. I really, really hope that Paul goes nowhere near this. After years of being told it was happening then nothing i'll believe it when they "leak" photos of the new cast and equipment. It's been a bit since we've heard anything about the new Robocop movie that was announced. This is pure awesomeness if it's happening, and i'll be right there with you guys in the large parade of GB fans rushing into the fire house as cameras start to roll.
I'm all for Robocop Returns but only if they can get Peter Weller back.

Now as far as GB3 is concerned until I see actual footage or set pics I'm staying cautiously optimistic.

Never has GB3 gotten this far with actual announcements from Sony themselves saying that it's happening.
Last edited by deadderek on June 5th, 2021, 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Alphagaia
I'm still staring at my PC with a great big smile checking all the news about this. 2020. That's so soon! Great! I hope we get a fun ride towards the release date this time, though I see we will already have to wade through some mild anti-ATC-stuff. Here is to a great year everyone!

Side question: Is the animated movie still a go or is it canned or postponed for this?
deadderek, Kingpin, Sav C liked this
By Davideverona
I read somewhere this morning that the animated movie will be released after this new one.

Hollywood Reporter says that the movie was developed in secrecy under the name Rust City and that Reitman is looking for two young males and two young females.

I agree with some of you: this is the closest we've ever been. A start date, a release date, a secret code name and ABOVE ALL an official announcement made AFTER the script was completed.

A scene popped in my head. Remember when dean gave multiple middle fingers to Erin, Abby and Jillian? I pictured the same scene but with Ivan doing the same thing to Feig and Pascal :)
deadderek liked this
By philmorgan81
Alphagaia wrote: January 16th, 2019, 1:54 am I'm still staring at my PC with a great big smile checking all the news about this. 2020. That's so soon! Great! I hope we get a fun ride towards the release date this time, though I see we will already have to wade through some mild anti-ATC-stuff. Here is to a great year everyone!

Side question: Is the animated movie still a go or is it canned or postponed for this?
From what it sounds like in the article it appears that After Jason Reitman told his father he had an idea I am guessing that this SECRET project became the new jump off point for all the other Ghostbusters projects. I believe Jason Reitman was quoted that the world of Ghostbusters has plenty of room for all these stories. So I believe we are still getting everything. The Animated film was deep in design and is being handled by another team of artists. I am wondering if the animated one was the project being handled by Lord and Miller. Who knows fun to think about though. After both of those are done and if both are well received, then I believe we will see Ecto Force. After that the sky is the limit. With this new project we may finally see the passing of the torch story that many of us have wanted to see and if this new crop of Busters captures our hearts and the hearts of general audiences the franchise will just continue to move forward. Good times ahead and I am so excited to be living and sharing these times with so many awesome GB Fans. :):):)
deadderek, Alphagaia, *NormalGamer* and 1 others liked this
By Alphagaia
Davideverona wrote: January 16th, 2019, 2:31 am I pictured the same scene but with Ivan doing the same thing to Feig and Pascal :)
There will always be people for and against the movie, but can we not keep doing this?

And wow, that means at least two new movies in the works, with one I might even bring my son to. Tobin (almost 2) grabbed a Ghostbusters DVD from the shelf last week and hums the song whenever I put my GBlist on Spotify, so here is hoping the animation is dubbed and kidsfriendly!
*NormalGamer*, Kingpin, Sav C and 2 others liked this
By RichardLess
Davideverona wrote: January 16th, 2019, 2:31 am A scene popped in my head. Remember when dean gave multiple middle fingers to Erin, Abby and Jillian? I pictured the same scene but with Ivan doing the same thing to Feig and Pascal :)
This scene, aka the middle finger scene, is everything I loath about GB'16 distilled into one sequence. It goes on too long, is cringe worthy and is completely unnecessary. Imagine Dean Yeager from GB1 mugging the camera like this? I don't want to turn this into a GB'16 hate thread, but it's just I saw you reference that scene and couldn't help myself. It just amazes me how anyone could find that scene funny. It's cinematic the equivalent of "LOOK AT ME! SEE! LOOK WHAT IM DOING OVER HERE!"
I just can't get over how crazy that business was. The internet VS Ghostbusters reboot. What a ride.

Anyways, I trust Reitman the Younger. I dig his style. It's dry, grounded and never over the top. He isn't into the Apatow Riff improv style that was part of GB'16s undoing. This is a great choice. Also, I LOVE Monster House. Didn't Gil Kenan do "City of Ember" as well? That was a decent little movie(with Mr. Murray to boot). Plus he's a friggin legend over at Disney.
At this point I could care less if Bill Murray is in this or not. That's the truth. I don't want another half ass, lazy Bill Murray performance. I'm fine with Dan & Ernie doing their thing. I just hope they make Egon's notable absence a joke worthy of Mr Ramis. Something like he was working on a "Quantum Tunneling" experiment and his body was sucked/ripped into 7 different planes of Space Time at once. "Right now we think a piece of his nose *might* be in Ancient Rome, around 23 CE. Or his pinky toe. It's either his nose or his pinky toe. We can't be sure. But his Left Ear *is* on the moon, that much we can be sure of. Did I say "the moon"? Sorry. I meant "A moon". Possibly one of Jupiters". Ray Stanz checks sheet of paper "Or Saturn".
deadderek, Sayscalled, MasterOod and 1 others liked this
By 80sguy
deadderek wrote: January 16th, 2019, 1:39 amI'm all for Robocop Returns but only if they can get Peter Weller back.
I doubt they could get Weller back. He's made it pretty clear the last few years he's tired of even talking about RoboCop. At his age, he's probably not to eager to wear the suit again either. Of course they could use CGI, but even with the remake they still used a live suit. The only other way to avoid that is have Weller do voice and face capture on another actor.
By timeware
This scene, aka the middle finger scene, is everything I loath about GB'16 distilled into one sequence. It goes on too long, is cringe worthy and is completely unnecessary. Imagine Dean Yeager from GB1 mugging the camera like this? I don't want to turn this into a GB'16 hate thread, but it's just I saw you reference that scene and couldn't help myself
Richardless i'm buying you a crunch bar. We rarely agree on anything but i'm with you on this one. While I liked ATC that was the one scene that really bugged me.

It's never too late to give Monster House a sequel.
By Nova
I have no critique on anything surrounding this... just a massive giant universal resounding

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally!

:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:cool::cool::whatever::blush::sigh::eyeroll::vinzclortho::-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D
Proton Props UK

BOK's record speaks for itself. He should have b[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]