Have you picked up your AMT Ecto-1a model yet? Start a topic in this forum and share your build along with hundreds of others!
By nick-a-tron
Kingpin wrote:Looking good Nick. :)

Have you given some consideration to adding roof struts to the inside of the glass? I know it's something that wouldn't really be all that visible once the car's complete, but would break up the solid block of black on the inside of the car windows.
I'm not sure what you mean there Ben. Do you have photo examples?

jbm2004 wrote:Where did you get the PGMS brass etched thing from?
Good old ebay my friend :)
By Kingpin
nick-a-tron wrote:I'm not sure what you mean there Ben. Do you have photo examples?
Sadly no, what I meant was sticking some plastic or foam board on the inside of the windows to mirror the frames and roof pillars visible on the ouside of the car.
jbm2004 wrote:Simply amazing work.... I could never do something like this is a millions years.
nick-a-tron wrote:Thanks! It only takes practice.
Yeah. Practice and patience--I got a lot of the former but had a problem with the latter when I was a kid. I pull out the old Monogram Saturn 5 or the original ECTO-1A from 1990 and actually sorta want to cringe.

But if you don't start, you'll never get there

nick-a-tron wrote:Ok here she is all finished up! Really enjoyed this build, just a shame I couldnt make her light up. Ah well maybe next time. Enjoy the finished photos :)
You got nothing to be ashamed of there, Nick--it's a beaut.

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]