Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

RichardLess wrote: June 28th, 2020, 11:23 pmLooking at this picture got me thinking...Has there ever been an official explanation for what all the various parts and doodads on the proton pack are for? Do we know? Even if it’s fake techno babble I’m interested to see how thought out it is. Star Wars/Lucasfilm did that for the lightsaber, has Ghostbusters done that for the proton pack? We know the bottom part of it is a cyclotron, right?
Bob, there is a groundbreaking book that has just come out, let's see...
Alphagaia, deadderek, Kingpin and 1 others liked this
GaudinosWheels wrote: June 29th, 2020, 11:56 am Next speculative question: Do we think the four flight suits seen in the trailer are all Egon’s? Or does he have all the GB suits.

Begs the question, why hasn’t Ray taken anything?

Oh I think Egon’s Uniform is in the front and the other 3 belong to the others. The Trailer could have shown several uniforms, like the dark uniforms from GB2. The fact that they showed just the FOUR tan uniforms leads me to believe that those are not just Egon’s.
Corey91 liked this
RichardLess wrote: June 28th, 2020, 11:23 pmLooking at this picture got me thinking...Has there ever been an official explanation for what all the various parts and doodads on the proton pack are for? Do we know? Even if it’s fake techno babble I’m interested to see how thought out it is. Star Wars/Lucasfilm did that for the lightsaber, has Ghostbusters done that for the proton pack? We know the bottom part of it is a cyclotron, right?
Aykroyd listed off a few Ecto-1 roof rack parts in the 2009 Bluray featurette "Ecto-1: Restoring the Classic Car" from around 11:17 to 11:40 so I'd imagine he has Proton Pack part names, too...
groschopf liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: June 29th, 2020, 6:41 pm
groschopf wrote: June 29th, 2020, 6:27 pm That man loves himself some muon scrubbers.
Totally, yeah. He even had an explanation for what the "belt gizmo" does. Someone asked him at Fan Fest and right away he told her it was a resistor designed to compensate for over-voltage and protect its user from electrical shocks.
But it's just a modified calculator motherboard! Maybe egon rewrote the rom chips?
Dr.D wrote: June 30th, 2020, 2:36 pm So, why do people think something is coming tomorrow? I missed that meeting.
The message before the movie is rumored to have an Afterlife trailer/clip. No way to know until someone goes to a showing and confirms.
Well we know recently Canada approved a new trailer so it's likely SOMETHING Afterlife related is coming soon.

I just have my doubts it's a new trailer attached to the screening. I feel if that was the case they'd advertise the hell out of it.
Corey91 liked this
deadderek wrote:Well we know recently Canada approved a new trailer so it's likely SOMETHING Afterlife related is coming soon.

I just have my doubts it's a new trailer attached to the screening. I feel if that was the case they'd advertise the hell out of it.
Good points. Perhaps it is that same recorded message with some of the original cast that we speculated is the Shandor mine set. Although, a lot of them were able to appear in the Reunited Apart Ghostbusters episode. Maybe it's a Zoom grid of the cast welcoming people to the screening. Hopefully they also acknowledge Dan Aykroyd's 68th birthday as well.

But surely enough time has passed for the marketing team to come up with a new timeline of advertising. At the latest I could see them choosing October 30 or 31 for a new trailer. I would be tickled if they chose September 1, because it was the day of the series premiere for Extreme Ghostbusters.
pizzarat liked this
Ectojeff88 wrote: June 30th, 2020, 10:26 pm Even if it’s early I REALLY want a new trailer! It would be so fun to be surprised with it at my drive in on Thursday night!
I just watched a new 0:30 Candyman trailer, and while I would've agreed with you before then, now I'm thinking "just keep it all under wraps, it's much worse getting a taste and not knowing for sure when you're gonna get to have the rest."
Sony usually releases trailers at 9am EST. Let's see what happens in the next couple minutes....
*UPDATE* Nothing.
deadderek wrote: July 1st, 2020, 6:57 am Sony usually releases trailers at 9am EST. Let's see what happens in the next couple minutes....
*UPDATE* Nothing.
The upload day for the first trailer was Monday. Maybe whatever might be seen at the showings will be uploaded on the 6th.
deadderek liked this
Ghostytheghost wrote: July 1st, 2020, 8:22 am
deadderek wrote: July 1st, 2020, 6:57 am Sony usually releases trailers at 9am EST. Let's see what happens in the next couple minutes....
*UPDATE* Nothing.
The upload day for the first trailer was Monday. Maybe whatever might be seen at the showings will be uploaded on the 6th.
That's assuming IF we get a new trailer it'd be what's attached to those screenings. I REALLY wish the videos from last year were put on Youtube. (no not those shiatty bootlegs either)
Ghost Corps said they'll be sharing posts all day...hopefully we get a grand finale of a 2nd trailer!!!
Alphagaia liked this
It's now CONFIRMED the 9 minutes is Afterlife related. (Not necessarily a trailer in that 9 minutes but fingers crossed)

RichRyan1507, pizzarat, Kingpin and 2 others liked this
pizzarat wrote: July 1st, 2020, 10:36 am Now who's going to be the forum hero and record that intro for Youtube? Regrettably there are no screenings close to me in Ohio.

Edit: Definitely re-check the participating locations as the list has grown. Looks like I'll be able to see it in my city now.
Excellent. When you record it remember to do so at the highest quality setting you can. :P
pizzarat liked this
RichRyan1507 wrote: July 1st, 2020, 10:49 am
deadderek wrote: July 1st, 2020, 10:29 am It's now CONFIRMED the 9 minutes is Afterlife related. (Not necessarily a trailer in that 9 minutes but fingers crossed)

Deaddereck: Are you going to the Starlite in Butler tonight? I'll be there with my daughter.
It's not local to me at all so no sadly.
RichRyan1507 liked this
If anyone's recording at a drive in make sure to capture the audio.

I'm not sure if the movies audio will be heard outside of your vehicle. Different drive in's have different set up's but that's usually the case.

It's been almost ten years since I've been to a drive in so my advice may be behind the times.

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]