Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
Davideverona wrote: September 14th, 2020, 11:30 amHe said that a vaccine will be ready this fall and Italy will be back to a fully normal life by Spring 2021.
He's being irresponsible in promising that. Has he made a habit of making promises he can't possibly keep?
deadderek, seekandannoy liked this
I think the smeg-for-brains running my country said the same thing, and the danger in promising a vaccine in such a short order is the effect it has on those who are already not taking this seriously. I feel like dangling a vaccine to the public, many of whom probably think it will be on-par with some kinda instant cure, will only re-enforce risky behaviors because now people will have the excuse of "oh the vaccine is coming soon so who cares?"
Sav C, deadderek, Kingpin and 1 others liked this
yourbigpalal83 wrote: September 14th, 2020, 6:47 am Heres how i see things going down...

Frankly at this point i have no clue whats going to happen. I want March, but i'm not holding my breath! With Warner Brothers not showing profits (if you can call them that) from Tenant and with Wonder Woman being pushed back till christmas (if it makes that) and word is Black Widow might be delayed until next year as well...I have major doubts we will make March.

June is more likely at this point
They really shouldn't if Jurassic World Dominion keeps its June 2021 Release date. It will get eclipsed even if Afterlife is a good film.
Kingpin wrote: September 14th, 2020, 1:34 pm
Davideverona wrote: September 14th, 2020, 11:30 amHe said that a vaccine will be ready this fall and Italy will be back to a fully normal life by Spring 2021.
He's being irresponsible in promising that. Has he made a habit of making promises he can't possibly keep?
Well, to be fair no, he hasn't.
I'd say he's been one of the most vocal supporters when it came to caution and restrictions.
Other members of the government called for full reopenings without looking at the contagion rate.
Sav C liked this
Some new Ghostbusters news over at Collider

Carrie Coon had this to say:

Yeah, that was certainly one of the things I was afraid of when I first was approached about it. I think of Dee Wallace in ET who is a wonderful actress who then sort of became – well, she actually went on, had a really interesting life, but, you know, she became sort of the franchise mom. And I thought about that, but Jason is smarter than that. Jason is the next generation, and he wrote a lot of fun for all of us, and it was one of the reasons I said yes to it. You know, she actually has a personality, a sense of humor and she does get in on the action, and that was really fun for me! I mean, I’m a Ghostbuster basically, which is insane! I grew up with that movie!”
Check out the full article here: https://collider.com/ghostbusters-after ... interview/

Edit: oops looks like someone already posted about this on the last page. My bad.
Sav C, deadderek, Kingpin and 2 others liked this
RichardLess wrote:Some new Ghostbusters news over at Collider

Yeah, that was certainly one of the things I was afraid of when I first was approached about it. I think of Dee Wallace in ET who is a wonderful actress who then sort of became – well, she actually went on, had a really interesting life, but, you know, she became sort of the franchise mom. And I thought about that, but Jason is smarter than that. Jason is the next generation, and he wrote a lot of fun for all of us, and it was one of the reasons I said yes to it. You know, she actually has a personality, a sense of humor and she does get in on the action, and that was really fun for me! I mean, I’m a Ghostbuster basically, which is insane! I grew up with that movie!”
Check out the full article here: https://collider.com/ghostbusters-after ... interview/

Edit: oops looks like someone already posted about this on the last page. My bad.

Yup as I figured anyone in the cast that is able bodied and a protagonist will likely be strapping on a proton pack. Now of couse again all speculation till proven otherwise, You have got the 3 Remaining OGs + the possibility that Egon's spirit may be playing a part in this film so we can count Harold Ramis Spiritually, Dana and Janine are showing up, would be totally cool if they suited up. Weaver has had the Badass chops since the alien films even though Dana is very different from Ripley she risked her life for her baby in Ghostbusters 2 suiting up in this one would feel like a natural progression for the character. Janine has suited up in the cartoon and comics so it would be a dream to have her to finally suit up on film. Then you have Callie, Grooberson, Phoebe, Kim. and Trevor. That is a possiblility of at least 10 Ghostbusters on screen. If that is the route that they are going the threat must be very big. Of course little is known other than the little bit more that gets put out just makes me more and more excited for this film. Oh boy this is fun. :):):)
philmorgan81 wrote: September 14th, 2020, 6:07 pm
RichardLess wrote:Some new Ghostbusters news over at Collider

Yup as I figured anyone in the cast that is able bodied and a protagonist will likely be strapping on a proton pack. Now of couse again all speculation till proven otherwise, You have got the 3 Remaining OGs + the possibility that Egon's spirit may be playing a part in this film so we can count Harold Ramis Spiritually, Dana and Janine are showing up, would be totally cool if they suited up. Weaver has had the Badass chops since the alien films even though Dana is very different from Ripley she risked her life for her baby in Ghostbusters 2 suiting up in this one would feel like a natural progression for the character. Janine has suited up in the cartoon and comics so it would be a dream to have her to finally suit up on film. Then you have Callie, Grooberson, Phoebe, Kim. and Trevor. That is a possiblility of at least 10 Ghostbusters on screen. If that is the route that they are going the threat must be very big. Of course little is known other than the little bit more that gets put out just makes me more and more excited for this film. Oh boy this is fun. :):):)
Reading her quote made me feel really at ease. I was hoping she was going to be a Ghostbuster. Has anyone seen “Leftovers”? It was a show that ran on HBO a few years back for 3 seasons and it’s an extremely dark show but with some very funny moments. She was GREAT in it. Carrie Coon is a really great actor. She can be really quite funny. She has a sarcastic, sardonic sense of humour. You also see it in full display during “Gone Girl” where she plays Ben Afflecks sister. She underplays comedy in that perfect Ghostbusters way. She would’ve been an awesome addition to the reboot in 2016 in place of Melissa McCarthy methinks.
RichardLess wrote: September 15th, 2020, 2:03 am Reading her quote made me feel really at ease. I was hoping she was going to be a Ghostbuster. Has anyone seen “Leftovers”? It was a show that ran on HBO a few years back for 3 seasons and it’s an extremely dark show but with some very funny moments. She was GREAT in it. Carrie Coon is a really great actor. She can be really quite funny. She has a sarcastic, sardonic sense of humour. You also see it in full display during “Gone Girl” where she plays Ben Afflecks sister. She underplays comedy in that perfect Ghostbusters way. She would’ve been an awesome addition to the reboot in 2016 in place of Melissa McCarthy methinks.
I had to pinch myself when Carrie Coon was announced. She's one of my favs. Total dream casting from Junior Reitman there.

In addition to the recommendations above, her season of Fargo is FANTASTIC!
Something fun to remember: in revised trailers it just says "next year" and not any specific month.
Dr.D, Davideverona liked this
Ectojeff88 wrote: September 15th, 2020, 5:55 pm I would love an early release of the soundtrack and score albums. It’s never gonna happen this early but it would make the wait so much easier for me to bear. The music is a perfect way to experience the movie without the movie itself!
Unlikely, depending on what type of sound track it is it would give to much of the movie away.
Corey91 liked this
I really don't think Dana is gonna suit up, nor do I think that seems good. I already didn't like it when Louis suited up -- there's just an inescapable cute/fanservice element to that which bugs me. (But I am almost certainly in the minority -- I don't necessarily think any of them should suit up, because if the Ghostbusters aren't in business I just kind of feel like the movie will have to contrive this moment.)
deadderek liked this
deadderek wrote: September 16th, 2020, 1:27 am Just a reminder: they don't "owe" us shit.
I say it's the other way around. We owe them!

If we want Ghostbusters to exist as a franchise: buy the crap out of the merchandise and see that movie as many times as you can when it's out. Just keep safe doing so.
Last edited by Alphagaia on September 16th, 2020, 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sav C liked this
droidguy1119 wrote: September 16th, 2020, 8:56 am I really don't think Dana is gonna suit up, nor do I think that seems good. I already didn't like it when Louis suited up -- there's just an inescapable cute/fanservice element to that which bugs me. (But I am almost certainly in the minority -- I don't necessarily think any of them should suit up, because if the Ghostbusters aren't in business I just kind of feel like the movie will have to contrive this moment.)
Agreed. Dana even being in this movie seems a bit odd. I don’t want fan service for the sake of a 3 line cameo. If it doesn’t gel with the story, it doesn’t belong. It already feels like Janine is being shoe horned in. Granted no one really knows how they fit in, but with the movie primarily set in a different city/state, I can’t see some of these cameos making sense or even working. It doesn’t bother me one bit Rick Moranis isn’t involved. I don’t want a finale with 10 proton pack wielding characters crossing the streams or whatever.

Seeing the OG team suit up is something I’d love to see. But it has to make story sense. It can’t be because “Well the fans will love it” or any such contrived non sense. Frankly knowing that Venkman suits up kinda worries me. Does that seem like Venkman to anyone? Knowing what we know about how long the OG team shot...I just can’t see the movie spending the time to set up the original characters beyond a few scenes. We’re in trouble if they just show up out the blue and save the day. I’m conflicted on it.
tylergfoster liked this
Looks like they really DID cut up an Ecto:

Corey91, Sav C, mrmichaelt and 2 others liked this
RichardLess wrote: September 16th, 2020, 10:21 am
droidguy1119 wrote: September 16th, 2020, 8:56 am I really don't think Dana is gonna suit up, nor do I think that seems good. I already didn't like it when Louis suited up -- there's just an inescapable cute/fanservice element to that which bugs me. (But I am almost certainly in the minority -- I don't necessarily think any of them should suit up, because if the Ghostbusters aren't in business I just kind of feel like the movie will have to contrive this moment.)
Agreed. Dana even being in this movie seems a bit odd. I don’t want fan service for the sake of a 3 line cameo. If it doesn’t gel with the story, it doesn’t belong. It already feels like Janine is being shoe horned in. Granted no one really knows how they fit in, but with the movie primarily set in a different city/state, I can’t see some of these cameos making sense or even working. It doesn’t bother me one bit Rick Moranis isn’t involved. I don’t want a finale with 10 proton pack wielding characters crossing the streams or whatever.

Seeing the OG team suit up is something I’d love to see. But it has to make story sense. It can’t be because “Well the fans will love it” or any such contrived non sense. Frankly knowing that Venkman suits up kinda worries me. Does that seem like Venkman to anyone? Knowing what we know about how long the OG team shot...I just can’t see the movie spending the time to set up the original characters beyond a few scenes. We’re in trouble if they just show up out the blue and save the day. I’m conflicted on it.
Oh even if things go as outrageous as my little hypothetical scenario I don’t think that the characters will be just shoe horned in. I think if they are there, there will be a significant reason. Who knows even though there was a few days or less of shooting with the OG cast they may have a bigger part than we think. Stranger things have happened. More than likely the film will follow the new cast primarily and the OGs could be spread throughout the film or they just show up for the finale. Either of those could work if done the right way. I know he suited up for laughs for the 2010 scream awards, but the script had to have had something real special in it to get Bill Murray to suit up one more time. After all the years he spent dragging his feet on another movie just something about the way he said, “It’s going to work.” Makes me really happy. :):):)
deadderek wrote: September 16th, 2020, 8:25 pm Looks like they really DID cut up an Ecto:

I'm really glad Jason posted that, over the past 6 months I'd seen one or two folks suggesting one of the '59s had been cut up... So It's good that the photo clearly shows it was the '60s Cadillac, which lines up with what the seller of the other '59 had said.
deadderek, RedSpecial, groschopf and 1 others liked this
Davideverona wrote:https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... rs-casting

Last question and answer seems to confirm Callie using a proton pack.
Dope! That's also a nice tidbit that the only reason her husband Tracy Letts is in the movie is because he happened to be in Canada with her and their son Haskell when the production lost an actor to due to a conflict.
Alphagaia, Kingpin liked this

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]