Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
Well at least now we have SOME new stuff to look at.
RedSpecial, BatDan, Wafflerobot and 1 others liked this
JonXCTrack wrote: September 22nd, 2020, 1:41 pm
deadderek wrote: September 22nd, 2020, 11:37 am Hmmm the pack is being futzed with while on the set of the Summerville Sheriff's Office:

How do you know that this is the Sheriff's Office? In my mind, I always envisioned that these kids find the gear and, being inspired by Grooberson's retelling of the events of 1984, go off on this ghost hunting adventure without telling any adults about it. The property damage done causes the Sheriff to round up the kids, impound the Ecto-1, and seize the gear.
The WANTED posters in the background.
Davideverona, Corey91 liked this
RedSpecial wrote: September 22nd, 2020, 12:51 pm To be honest, as much as I'm stoked to hear about Bill in the suit again I'm more than happy to wait for that reveal and get the full impact of it.
If anything I would have been more interested in seeing how the pack differs from the Spengler pack which we've seen so much of already.

I'm just happy to have confirmation that he does get into the suit at some point, as it was high on my list of hopes.
it's fantastic news :)
Waiting for the full impact is the right thing to do.
He wasn't in full gear. He wasn't even in full uniform, only the suit and elbow pads, no yellow tube, no belt, no pack.
Sav C liked this
JonXCTrack wrote: September 22nd, 2020, 1:41 pm How do you know that this is the Sheriff's Office? In my mind, I always envisioned that these kids find the gear and, being inspired by Grooberson's retelling of the events of 1984, go off on this ghost hunting adventure without telling any adults about it. The property damage done causes the Sheriff to round up the kids, impound the Ecto-1, and seize the gear.
It LOOKS like a sheriffs office. To the left looks like wanted posters, the wall color and paneling is pretty standard...

EDIT: I didn't see the above post, I forgot to refresh my screen, lol
I’m usually late to the draw on this stuff so if this has been posted, my apologies.

So there’s an interview with J.K. Simmons over at collider where he pretty much confirms he’s in GBA by saying he can’t talk about it & he doesn’t know when the movies coming out & he said he can’t say if he’s in it or not

.....which obviously means he’s in it. Now I know people will say “Hey. He didn’t say ‘I’m in the movie’ so we can’t be sure”. But I mean...come on. Read between the lines. He’s in it. Otherwise he’d just do the usual “No. we wanted to but couldn’t work it out schedule wise”

Here’s the exact quote:
Shifting gears a little bit, you mentioned Jason Reitman already. I love your collaborations together. I’m curious if there was ever any discussion in you showing up in his new Ghostbusters film.

SIMMONS: Again, it’s one of those things where I know… Well, so oftentimes with so many movies coming out now, nobody’s allowed to talk about anything. Jason and I, I did a little bit in his Princess Bride thing. Tully is the only movie of his that’s come out that I have not appeared in. And we did spend some time chatting about this exact question, and how fun it would be for both of us to deflect it as we go along the path to… And ah, God, I don’t know when the hell that movie’s going to come out now, with everything in the world being delayed. So the answer is, I may or may not make an appearance in Ghostbusters, and I’m not telling.
Glenn Frederick, Corey91, deadderek and 1 others liked this
Davideverona wrote: September 22nd, 2020, 3:23 pm
RedSpecial wrote: September 22nd, 2020, 12:51 pm To be honest, as much as I'm stoked to hear about Bill in the suit again I'm more than happy to wait for that reveal and get the full impact of it.
If anything I would have been more interested in seeing how the pack differs from the Spengler pack which we've seen so much of already.

I'm just happy to have confirmation that he does get into the suit at some point, as it was high on my list of hopes.
it's fantastic news :)
Waiting for the full impact is the right thing to do.
He wasn't in full gear. He wasn't even in full uniform, only the suit and elbow pads, no yellow tube, no belt, no pack.
Thanks, that's great to know and makes it a whole lot easier to avoid watching it if the video does resurface .
I feel we are recycling news as of late.

Simmons was all the talk when that article went live, just like that 170 millions story, and we are reaching the same conclusions again.

I don't think I really mind, as it keeps the conversation going and it's a nice refresher, but is there some kind of way to collect the information in the OP or something so people have a way of finding out of news is actually new?
deadderek liked this
Alphagaia wrote: September 22nd, 2020, 2:26 am I'm just glad knowing it exists.

You know what? You are absolutely right. I know that I couldn't resist asking to see it myself, but I really should have taken it like you did. LOL! It WAS out there, NOW it is gone, however it does answer a big question we have all had. Man between that tease and a few real good shots of that new footage of the Ecto in the corn field and Jason Reitman handling that Proton Pack. That Proton Pack even with the aged look is a real thing of beauty. I can't wait to see these things being dawned again. I just can't get enough of the classic Proton Pack. All this stuff coming to light has confirmed for me personally that this film is going to be everything I hoped from another Ghostbusters movie and quite possibly more than I could have hoped for. I am sure there are a few here that are getting the same goosebumps I am right now.

Again Pandemic aside, I think there are real good times ahead. :):):)
deadderek, Alphagaia liked this
In the slim chance they will ever read this:

Mr. Reitman jr and sr, and everyone on your crew that helped make this happen: I want to thank you all for your absolutely mind boggling effort to create this sequel.

I can only imagine how hard it is to pull of. Creating a movie so shrouded in secrecy. What a ride the unexpected first teaser was. How awesome the trailer, the interviews. The family concept. We saw a vision. A plan to unwrap this just the right to get everyone on board. Getting screwed over by Covid-19 and having to wait a whole year while trying to keep it all so close to your heart must be so incredibly hard, if not almost impossible.

Yes, there are cracks caused by little mix-ups caused by crew and talent, we know stuff here and there we shouldn't know. It's hard. I get it, you need the momentum for the reveals to be exactly right. So us snooping around cannot be easy, especially with so much riding on this one regarding the GB franchise. Forgive us for being so excited we want to find out everything before it's out.

All I can say is that so far we all are doing the best we can to ride this thing out, and so far everything looks amazing. Thank you. Thank everyone.

Now go eat gods for breakfast, you all.
Alphagaia wrote: September 23rd, 2020, 1:15 am I feel we are recycling news as of late.

Simmons was all the talk when that article went live, just like that 170 millions story, and we are reaching the same conclusions again.

I don't think I really mind, as it keeps the conversation going and it's a nice refresher, but is there some kind of way to collect the information in the OP or something so people have a way of finding out of news is actually new?
That interview with J.K. Simmons is brand new according to the website. Was posted on Collider just yesterday.

Here’s the entire thing: https://collider.com/jk-simmons-intervi ... h-jameson/
Davideverona liked this
Sorry mate!
While the interview is new, the information isn't, I'm afraid. You probably missed it the first time around. No biggie.

Which is why I was advocating for a way to collect recurring information in the OP, but as said, not that big of a problem in the first place.
A bit of a reprieve but Black Widow was moved from November to May 2021, Shang Chi to July, and Eternals to November. Thank goodness none of these MCU movies were moved to March.
deadderek wrote: September 23rd, 2020, 3:01 am I know of that post, was wondering when (if?) It was taken down.
I asked Eric and he confirmed the billboard is still up.
pizzarat, deadderek, Corey91 liked this
janeb984 wrote: September 23rd, 2020, 12:17 pm Does anyone think it would be a good idea to go ahead and split this thread so that the nee merchandise can have it's own separate thread?

I'm all for seeing both, but it's getting a little unorganized.
If these merch leaks are the only news bits we're getting then I'm perfectly fine with them being posted here.
deadderek liked this
There is a good Ernie Hudson interview from the fine folks over at the YHS podcast.

They were able to dance around Ghostbusters Afterlife without putting Ernie into big troubles.

He confirms that the movie organically ties into the first two movies, then goes on to speak about how much this movie comes from Jason's heart, love and enthusiasm and not from Sony's needs for money.
deadderek, Kingpin liked this
It's so good to hear and see how much actual heart and soul is being put into Afterlife.
Davideverona wrote: September 24th, 2020, 1:40 am There is a good Ernie Hudson interview from the fine folks over at the YHS podcast.

They were able to dance around Ghostbusters Afterlife without putting Ernie into big troubles.

He confirms that the movie organically ties into the first two movies, then goes on to speak about how much this movie comes from Jason's heart, love and enthusiasm and not from Sony's needs for money.
i actually have a good feeling we will have a good bit of the OG's in the film, but they wont be 'ghostbusters' until the final act, so everything before that will be character development to build the 'suit up' as the big emotional moment, when we see the original guys say 'alright lets do this for egon' so to speak.

as i said earlier, plopping them in at the last minute for the convenience of fan service for the climax would feel forced. i think Jason and Ivan are smarter writers and filmmakers than that
Kingpin, Corey91 liked this
BatDan wrote: September 24th, 2020, 11:11 am
Davideverona wrote: September 24th, 2020, 1:40 am There is a good Ernie Hudson interview from the fine folks over at the YHS podcast.

i actually have a good feeling we will have a good bit of the OG's in the film, but they wont be 'ghostbusters' until the final act, so everything before that will be character development to build the 'suit up' as the big emotional moment, when we see the original guys say 'alright lets do this for egon' so to speak.

as i said earlier, plopping them in at the last minute for the convenience of fan service for the climax would feel forced. i think Jason and Ivan are smarter writers and filmmakers than that
Agreed. I keep thinking back to all the false starts for GB3 and how Bill Murray had always said that he didn’t really want to do another GB film for the sake of doing another one. He had said that he would participate if the script was really good. Hearing him speak about this movies particular story makes me believe that Afterlife is the script he has been waiting for. I have said this before, but depending on the runtime of the film the OGs may be in a lot more of it than we think. According to Finn Wolfhard the trailer that we saw hasn’t even got to the real big stuff yet and to me that is saying a lot. I mean I personally was blown away by what we saw in the trailer and the only time we see the OGs was in the old news footage. I can only imagine how blown away I am going to be by the whole movie. :):):)
Last edited by Kingpin on September 24th, 2020, 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed broken quote code
BatDan, Corey91 liked this

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]