Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
Even the bit about the painting makes zero sense. I cannot imagine any reason why he'd take that with him. This twitter page seems like someone who took the few things we do know, sprinkled in a bunch of other BS, and is just trying to get attention.
I do like how they're putting "confirmed" and "rumor" before each tweet. Im not seeing the Oscar tweet tho, we following the same account?
JonXCTrack wrote:Now the poster is regurgitating the Ouija board rumor that came about this past summer, only for it to be proven false.
Very late last night, I saw them post 2 things that have now been taken down, and they kinda contradict some of these new things, so I call BS.

They, at first, said that everyone thought the OGBs died after the Manhattan crossrip, if that were true, then how did GB 2 happen for there to be a Vigo picture in the farmhouse?
tylergfoster, deadderek liked this
The Ouija bit was what set my BS meter off.

Changing the title seems like something a certain type of fan would inaccurately believe would help the movie, which, my opinion was and remains that if they thought it would make sense or help the movie to call it Ghostbusters 3, they would've done so from the beginning, and they didn't.

It's still so strange to me that people do this. I can see the appeal of the attention, but it has such a shelf life on it -- if you're making a bunch of crap up, it's almost certainly gonna fall apart whenever there's a new trailer, and the absolute longest you could get away with it is up until a real audience sees the movie.

I would also note that the phone number being the password doesn't make sense, because...it was a phone number! It was publicly accessible! Seems like a really bad password!
deadderek, groschopf liked this
They just want attention. It's sad. Chances are they're the same person who was spouting that bull about the Ouija board.
Dr.D liked this
I missed a bunch. Finally, we have solid confirmation that at least one original Ghostbuster actually suits up. So i'm going to ask has anyone confirmed that Rudd suits up? And the thought that we'd have Afterlife on DVD by now kind of bum's me out. But at least we have stay puft pies to dip in the smores ice cream container were all crying into!
groschopf liked this
timeware wrote: September 24th, 2020, 7:13 pm I missed a bunch. Finally, we have solid confirmation that at least one original Ghostbuster actually suits up. So i'm going to ask has anyone confirmed that Rudd suits up? And the thought that we'd have Afterlife on DVD by now kind of bum's me out. But at least we have stay puft pies to dip in the smores ice cream container were all crying into!

No word on Rudd.

I saw this idea somewhere else and I thought it was great...
If Rudd is supposed to represent the fans, someone whose wanted to be a GB all their life, and he gets possessed by the terror dog, then he will miss the entire battle, and be the only one NOT suiting up. He gets unpossessed at the end and is mega upset that he missed it, rants until the credits roll how he can't believe he missed it. lol
Corey91, SpaceBallz liked this
Dr.D wrote: September 24th, 2020, 7:25 pm Pretty sure it's confirmation of nothing. Just a bunch of fan wankery.
Oh the uniform leak was real, that IS confirmed.
They didn't post anything that hadn't been seen before.
Davideverona, groschopf liked this
droidguy1119 wrote: September 24th, 2020, 6:17 pm The Ouija bit was what set my BS meter off.

Changing the title seems like something a certain type of fan would inaccurately believe would help the movie, which, my opinion was and remains that if they thought it would make sense or help the movie to call it Ghostbusters 3, they would've done so from the beginning, and they didn't.

It's still so strange to me that people do this. I can see the appeal of the attention, but it has such a shelf life on it -- if you're making a bunch of crap up, it's almost certainly gonna fall apart whenever there's a new trailer, and the absolute longest you could get away with it is up until a real audience sees the movie.

I would also note that the phone number being the password doesn't make sense, because...it was a phone number! It was publicly accessible! Seems like a really bad password!
Even though it pains me to look at that twitter feed and see such obvious lies peddled as truth, I’ve stated numerous times on here that putting a “3” in the title is a smart move financially. I won’t defend it’s artistic merits or even it’s truthfulness(I mean...it’s really not a Ghostbusters 3, is it? the original characters are barely in it). BUT there is no way in hell that putting a “3” on that title hurts it financially. And if it can’t hurt, chances are it’ll only help. But we’ve had this discussion before ad nauseam. I just had to throw my two cents in for the pro “3” crowd. (Or a “certain type of fan”). Also, Sony couldn’t even get the “answer the call” thing straight with consumers last go round. They are the last people I would trust with a title. Two of the weirdest branding problems I’ve ever seen is the GB16 “Answer The Call” weirdness & the home release of “Edge of Tomorrow” which Universal decided to call “Live. Die. Repeat”(a much better title but confusing to some due to the title change).

To quote Tommy Lee Jones. A person is smart. People are stupid. That’s why we put the “3”. Because this movie needs every advantage it can get. And putting a 3 up on there tells them this isn’t some new reboot or reboot sequel. It’s not New Coke. It’s the classic coke. And that will get more butts in seats. Anyone who thinks that isn’t true is just straight up wrong. Again, on artistic merits or even truthfulness, I agree. This isn’t & shouldn’t be called Ghostbusters 3. But I’m a capitalist damn it. And I want this movie to succeed and give it every advantage it can. A “3” does SO MUCH easy heavy lifting.

But yeah. That twitter feed is straight up bullshit.
deadderek liked this

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]