Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
On the other hand:

Orion has just released numbers on Bill & Ted Face the Music. Objectively, this has been a very popular movie -- #1 on many VOD charts for weeks, close to unanimously enjoyed by the many people I know who saw it, including me -- and that all added up to a pretty low $32m digital box office take.

The movie is gonna break even and possibly even become profitable on video on a $25m budget, but this is finally some hard evidence as to how these things do on premium VOD even when they're supposedly popular.

https://deadline.com/2020/09/bill-ted-f ... 234588800/
RICK MORANIS ATTACKED IN NEW YORK:

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2020/10/02 ... west-side/

Damn 2020 just won't stop.
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — The NYPD confirms Rick Moranis was randomly attacked by a stranger Thursday on the Upper West Side.

Police said it happened in broad daylight just before 7:30 a.m. on Central Park West near 70th Street.

Surveillance cameras captured the attack on the 67-year-old “Honey I Shrunk the Kids” and “Ghostbusters” actor.

Video shows the suspect walk up and punch Moranis in the head, knocking him to the ground.

Police said he went to the hospital with pain in his head, back and hip. He later visited the precinct to report the crime.

Now, the search is on for the suspect, who could be seen walking away.
Last edited by Kingpin on October 2nd, 2020, 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added quote code
Wow. Even with the way things are now, seeing that video and reading the report made me sick to my stomach. The man has stayed out of the public spotlight for so many years, and while I'm not saying this is connected to that, I can only imagine how Mr. Moranis feels.

Really really upsetting stuff. Glad he's more or less okay physically.
So to be more on topic:

IF...and I do stress IF....we get something in October, what would be your guess?

Image? Poster? Trailer?

My $ is on Twinkies. A good Halloween tie in. Unleash the blue filled Twinkies!
tylergfoster liked this
My guess is that we'll get an article in Entertainment Weekly or something like that with some new images and they'll talk about what they were able to do with the extra time given to them due to COVID. Then we'll see the new trailer on Thanksgiving Day. We'll start seeing TV spots in February.
Corey91 liked this
I know there's a ton of legal loopholes with licensing, lawsuits from movie theater companies etc, but now's the time to bring back commercial drive-in movie theaters. Such a easy solution for this industry, but complex to execute.

I would LOVE to watch afterlife in a drive-in setting.
Lowberg wrote: October 2nd, 2020, 2:56 pm I know there's a ton of legal loopholes with licensing, lawsuits from movie theater companies etc, but now's the time to bring back commercial drive-in movie theaters. Such a easy solution for this industry, but complex to execute.

I would LOVE to watch afterlife in a drive-in setting.
I spoke to a person who ran a drive in near me once about new movies. He said the real problem was that new movies are all digital. And most drive ins are set up for film. He said a digital set up like he'd need would be thousands and he wouldn't make his money back for a very long time, because he wouldn't have multiple screens like indoor theaters to help the bottom line.
mrmichaelt wrote: October 2nd, 2020, 7:05 pmThe August 16 event? Does anyone recall Jason saying that? Because if he did, wouldn't we have known that by now?! Or did Jason say that somehow when no one was recording him? Or a different Sony lot event? So confused.
They're saying he asked for the cameras to be turned off...but the account that popped up to corroborate this is that terrible account we all know is lying.

https://twitter.com/GhostbustersAf4/sta ... 7108476928
pizzarat, deadderek, mrmichaelt and 1 others liked this
Keep in mind both accounts are only a month or so old. There's a chance they're run by the same person.
mrmichaelt, groschopf, Troy liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: October 3rd, 2020, 2:33 am
droidguy1119 wrote: October 3rd, 2020, 2:02 am Trailer Track isn't biting.

https://twitter.com/trailertrack/status ... 0466327552
I love Batman Forever. Well, if that news is true about the new trailer, then I fully support it. 2020 is just a literal punch in the mouth, and I'm grasping at straws for any positivity.
mrmichaelt liked this
deadderek wrote: October 2nd, 2020, 10:51 am So to be more on topic:

IF...and I do stress IF....we get something in October, what would be your guess?

Image? Poster? Trailer?

My $ is on Twinkies. A good Halloween tie in. Unleash the blue filled Twinkies!
Lets hope the roll out, or squeeze out is more readily available then the Ecto Cooler launch in 16. They still owe us a third launch of pepsi perfect, so swiper no scalpy!
JonXCTrack wrote: October 2nd, 2020, 1:47 pm My guess is that we'll get an article in Entertainment Weekly or something like that with some new images and they'll talk about what they were able to do with the extra time given to them due to COVID. Then we'll see the new trailer on Thanksgiving Day. We'll start seeing TV spots in February.
EW usually does their winter/spring preview issue at the end of December I think. But I think the first images for ATC were posted on Ghost Corp's facebook mid-December then the next days, Times, EW, Instyle and People had posters. This was 7 months before the theatrical release.

In the case of Afterlife, we're way past the 7 month mark and I'd guess Vanity Fair might post another article with new images/posters/info teases in mid-November.

Another thing to consider is maybe a promo-tie-in with the NBA Finals like with ATC. The remaining games are set for October 4, 6, 9, 11, 13.

Or they could just post the 2nd trailer on the 1 year anniversary of the 1st trailer, December 9.
Alphagaia, deadderek, tylergfoster and 1 others liked this
I hate to bust your bubbles guys or be negative, but at this point with Regal closing its doors and all these movies getting pushed back, i highly doubt we will make the March 5th release date.

There's just too much going agents it at the moment! You have movies being further delayed, you have theaters closing, cases on the rise, even the president (i'm not talking political stuff here) getting the virus, that combined with flu season, and i genuinely fear a strong 2nd wave and god willing we will have a vaccine within the next few months but then we got the problem of mass distribution!

You got to look at this from the Studio's and Theaters point of views. Lets say they opened their doors before a vaccine... Best case you have reduced capacity which means legally you cant have as many Butts in seats, which means less money and profit.

Sony outright said they refuse to release any 200 million dollar plus movie in theaters in the current situation. Ghostbusters Afterlife is maybe 100-125 Million so I don't know where that falls on there plans but its also one of the few major brand name franchises they own outright and the soul reason they are doing this is because they saw the backlash from Answer the Call, said we can cash in on this if we return to the Original storyline, and maybe continue the brand!

You cant do that with a profit in this current climate and i doubt you will be able to come March! Maybe April onward depending on the situation.

My guess, is by halloween if we dont have a trailer or something, we aren't making march. Id say safe bet May-July, next Halloween at the absolute latest!

Every other film has had a average 6 month delayed release, that is being bumped to a year. No time to die, is now coming out roughly a year late. Why would Ghostbusters be any different?

So that said, i hope we get something by the end of the year but i fully expect given all the evidence, for the march release date to be pushed back.
pizzarat liked this
yourbigpalal83 wrote: October 4th, 2020, 12:52 pm i highly doubt we will make the March 5th release date.
Agreed.

I worked for Cineworld back in 2008, the news caught be by surprise but in the long game it makes the most sense. More releases are going to be postponed and there's no point running a cinema at reduced capacity when there's fewer and fewer options to tempt people out of their homes. I feel for the employees who're now going to be left adrift by this development - it may be intended to be a temporary hibernation, but it's still going to be a painful one.

I f****g hate this situation.
I hate how so many good, hard working people are finding themselves perched on the edge of the precipice.
When are we going to see the light at the end of this f****g tunnel? :sigh:

Don't mind me.
Putting the feeling of helplessness into words helps me get it out of my system rather than be overwhelmed by it.

Bottling it up may seem good in the short term, but it can burn you out from the inside... So I invite you guys to vent if you need to (I've created a thread just for this purpose). We're all in this together.
robbritton, JamesB922 liked this
We're all feeling it Ben. Trust me.

There isn't a human being alive on this earth that can say they've been through something like this. I feel like somedays I'm losing my mind when I see people going about their lives as if there's nothing extraordinary about the current state of the world. Even at work, I get guff from people when I ask them to actually wear their masks inside. I find myself wanting to scream my lungs out when I see idiots playing fast and loose with their health.

If it were up to me, I'd hop on some kinda god damn space ship and spend the rest of this nightmare in isolation. But it doesn't work that way. Just gotta keep doing our own individual duties to keep ourselves and our friends and family safe. The more vigilante we are the better for us all. It may seem silly at times, but like my old engineering teacher used to say "if it looks silly but works, it isn't silly"
Kingpin liked this
Part of me wishes I had a time machine, so I could skip this.

But if I did, I'd be skipping the lesson it's teaching us.

Thanks for indulging my moment of frustration, and for what you said about individual duties... Sometimes I do need reminding that I have to provide as much familiarity and stiff upper lip as the current circumstances will allow, for the benefit and wellbeing of the customers I serve... Even if at the moment, the medical mask I wear prevents them seeing said stiff lip. :)

Despite everything, I look forward to Afterlife's release... It's good to have something to look forward to.
I can't wait. See for me the movie will now kinda be a sort of bench mark. It'll be some kind of sign post saying we're maybe closer to the end of this than the beginning.

Thinking back on the temporary madness when that leaked pic of Bill in his suit was posted, and I realized I am now very glad I didn't see it. Ghostbusters has and always will be very close to my heart. On the bad days, I like to think about how at some point in the future we will hopefully all be sitting in a theater watching this movie. And I know, going in with less information will be better. Not having seen that pic, I can now look forward to whatever Jason and Co. are planning to do with the reveal of the original Ghostbusters suited up one last time.

So on the bad days, I think about how I'll feel at that moment when I get to see it for the first time.
Kingpin liked this
According to this, the largest theater chain in the U.S. (AMC Theatres) is expected to go bankrupt early next year, short of radical change. Not looking good for a March 5, 2021 release...

https://movieweb.com/amc-theatres-running-out-of-money/

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]