By trekgod3
Hello All,
I got this pack on clearance from Spirit and have begun modding it. Here's what I've done so far. I took it apart, removed the electronics , masked it off and painted it flat black then added weathering with metallic silver paint. I purchased a sticker kit and a spongeface part kit from ebay and installed both of those. I also added a couple 3d printed parts from Thingiverse. I have a Frankengeek light kit in the mail (arriving tomorrow ), and will be adding a Spengler Neutrona Wand to replace the kit one. I also plan on making a larger motherboard from MDF and I really want an ALICE frame, but they are really expensive right now, so I may build one from PVC and add the ALICE straps.
Last edited by trekgod3 on February 13th, 2023, 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
kahuna900, BRD 527, Yanks1023 and 2 others liked this
By trekgod3
I installed the light kit today, cut a motherboard from 1/2 inch mdf, painted it black, and 3D printed some more add-ons. I also ordered an ALICE pack from Amazon using reward points from my credit card, so it cost me nothing out of pocket. I ordered the Spengler wand from BestBuy last night and should have it by Friday. I can't wait!
Pics and video:

kahuna900, jpetrutis81 liked this
By trekgod3
Here are some pics of the hose connectors, 3d printed exterior parts, 3d printed motherboard mounts, and my alice pack mounts. Just waiting for the alice pack to arrive. I wanted the hose to pack connection to swivel so I found a hose repair connector that I painted black. The hose to wand connector is 3d printed and sanded down to fit the spirit loom. I'm sure most of the 3d printed parts came from forum members, so thank you all!

By trekgod3
Made some more progress. Replaced the small, molded in resistors with 3d printed ones, and added the KLS Ghostbusters Spengler wand v-hook . Also cut the blue hose and inserted it into the brass fitting instead of sticking directly into the pack.. Still waiting for the Alice pack frame to be delivered, should be here Monday hopefully.
By trekgod3
I used a dremel with a cut off wheel on low speed and then a sanding drum to remove the molded in resistors. My ALICE frame showed up unexpectedly this evening, so I was able to get it all mounted and buttoned up. I know the pack is mounted a little high on the frame, but I wanted it to stand up by itself:

RiverofSlime liked this
I'm late to the party but wanted to let you know your pack turned out great! My Spirit Pack is nearly done and I can't wait to show it off, too :)
trekgod3 liked this
By trekgod3
2022 update:

I did the 2 piece cyclotron mod. Printed on the ender 3 v1 , no supports. Used a little bondo glazing putty to smooth out the surface, then primer , paint, and a little weathering.
RiverofSlime liked this
By trekgod3
I spent some time in Tinkercad and designed a slip on booster tube replacement. Took a lot of trial and error to get the dimensions right. Ended up printing 3 different versions before the 4th fit correctly.
Here's my design if anyone wants to try it out. Some sanding and filling may be needed before fitting:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5454128
Before:
After, before painting:
After filling, sanding, painting and weathering;
RiverofSlime liked this
By RiverofSlime
Hey there, nice work!

I'm excited to see someone going after the Spirit booster tube. I recently posted about this as well viewtopic.php?t=50034.

I didn't want to do anything that involved cutting away whole sections of the shell, cuz I figure at that point I might as well just print a full-size pack, but in any case I downloaded a booster tube from Thingiverse, resized it in Cura and printed it out, doing some tests to make sure it was the right size.

The booster tube is one of the more easily replaced parts of the Spirit shell because it just comes right off. Looking good!
trekgod3 liked this
    Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]