Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
Just a fun thing, I know there was some banter back and forth here about if Mr Adam Savage had any hand in any of the GB Afterlife props. I was in the camp that said "no way" but I think it's looking like he may have been involved with something!

At the 4 min mark of this Ghostbuster themed Q&A video, Adam Savage gets asked the following:
Q: Did you get asked by Jason Reitman to do any props for Afterlife?

A: "I respectfully decline to answer that question, until a point in the future that is still to be determined. How about that? is that enough of an answer? *smiles* Jason is a good friend and we talked a lot about the movie and that's one of the reasons I'm excited about you all and me getting to see it. But as for specific things that I may or may-not have done, all of that is to be revealed in due time"
Last edited by Kingpin on December 21st, 2020, 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added YouTube code
The lower red lights stayed on because Harold's thumb was completing a circuit, rather than pushing a button. Having the lights stay on would've been trickier to implement on the Mattycollector P.K.E. because the silver contacts were achieved with buttons and silver plastic.
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

kahuna900 wrote: October 9th, 2020, 10:29 am There was a Ghostbusters Afterlife Replica Pack Posted up on eBay yesterday that had a bunch of new stuff on the pack.
This Post Contains Spoilers
After activating super zoom...

Does it look like there is some sort of red switch on the underside of the ion arm behind the legris elbow?.....

A personal addition from whoever :blush: made this pack or is that going to be on the screen used pack too....
:whatever:
Here is an update to my spirit afterlife pack. Really happy with how it's turning out so far. The next step is figuring out that mess of wires around the Clippard valve, need to make a run to home depot and see what my options are.

SpaceBallz, Alphagaia, kahuna900 and 1 others liked this
joezlo wrote: July 9th, 2021, 7:11 am You know, I've been wracking my brain about cutting off the molded crank knob on my spirit pack to put an actual knob on it without destroying it & having to rebuild the shell. But just putting it over the top of the mold seems to work!

I just superglued the crank knob over the moded one. it looks a little goofy from a certain angle but mostly the way others see it it looks fine. There is a seller out there somewhere who is making a fake crank knob that slips right over the molded spirit knob
ecto88mph wrote: July 9th, 2021, 11:10 am
joezlo wrote: July 9th, 2021, 7:11 am You know, I've been wracking my brain about cutting off the molded crank knob on my spirit pack to put an actual knob on it without destroying it & having to rebuild the shell. But just putting it over the top of the mold seems to work!

I just superglued the crank knob over the moded one. it looks a little goofy from a certain angle but mostly the way others see it it looks fine. There is a seller out there somewhere who is making a fake crank knob that slips right over the molded spirit knob
the file is on thingiverse. I printed one for my kid's spirit pack.
I'd they can mass produce the spirit packs, they could easily make a slightly larger true scale pack.

I'm looking at you hasbro.
deadderek liked this
ecto88mph wrote: July 13th, 2021, 10:24 pm I'd they can mass produce the spirit packs, they could easily make a slightly larger true scale pack.

I can't recall where I read it, but I remember someone said they're scaled down because (at the time) Anovos held the rights to produce 1:1 packs so they were scaled down by Spirit to be sold as Halloween accessories instead of a full on replica.
deadderek wrote: July 13th, 2021, 11:22 pm
ecto88mph wrote: July 13th, 2021, 10:24 pm I'd they can mass produce the spirit packs, they could easily make a slightly larger true scale pack.

I can't recall where I read it, but I remember someone said they're scaled down because (at the time) Anovos held the rights to produce 1:1 packs so they were scaled down by Spirit to be sold as Halloween accessories instead of a full on replica.
Urggg, Spirit would make much better full-sized packs than Anovos in that they would actually exist and not just run off with your money.
As much as we diehards (myself included) would love to see Spirit sell a full-sized pack, I don't think the general public really worries or will even notice one way or the other. I wore one of my modified Spirit packs to a horror convention in 2018, and ran into an actor from one of the Hellraiser movies in the hotel lobby who seemed to think I'd built the bulk of it from scratch when all I'd done was put Spongeface's lights and some of his cosmetic upgrades in it.
kahuna900 liked this
Your guys's spirit packs really start looking sharp after parts, lights and Alice frame. Not sure about them making a larger more expensive one though. At a certain point , if you start getting over $300 in the spirit pack , you should to start looking at building a full size vacuum shell, but that could be a slippery slope too.

I guess if you build a full size wand and Alice frame you can always move that to the new pack.
kahuna900, deadderek liked this
jonogunn wrote: July 15th, 2021, 4:41 pm I wish they made smaller Alice frames. I wanted to get a spirit pack for my gf maybe if she is willing to dress up with me but the Alice frame being too big for the spirit pack really turns me off aesthetically.

What? I think the ALICE frame fits the size of the Spirit/Rubies Pack perfectly. Even provides a nice stand if you use the SpongeFace mounts.

deadderek, Prime 1986 liked this

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]