By l3w1sb159
Hey guys,

I'm planning on making my own "spengler" charging plate for my pack, but I've struggled to find any info on the dimensions, I have the size of the face of the plate where the switches will go (4cmx10cm) but i need to know the location of the centre line for the switches as they are offset to account for the 2nd plate riveted to it. As well as the width of the flaps to be bent 90° on both plates.

If anyone knows the exact dimensions it would be a big help :)
Last edited by l3w1sb159 on January 15th, 2021, 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By tobycj
I think 1mm aluminium is a bit thin. I knocked one up with 1.5mm and that looked closer to the reference pics compared to a 1mm a friend did. I'd guess it was maybe 1/16" sheet they used, which is a little over 1.5mm
By tobycj
l3w1sb159 wrote: January 13th, 2021, 2:09 am Ah right, I'm not too fussed as it will be obscured by the ribbon cable mostly, more so just for some extra support.
Are we talking at cross purposes here? The charging plate is on the back of the mobo, at the bottom. The one that is mostly hidden by the ribbon cable is the bracket between the shell and the injector tubes, I've seen that be 3mm (~1/8") aluminium.
By Darth_Egon
l3w1sb159 wrote: January 13th, 2021, 2:09 am Ah right, I'm not too fussed as it will be obscured by the ribbon cable mostly, more so just for some extra support.
Are we talking about the charging plate at the bottom of the pack or the injector tube bracket that helps hold the tubes on the left side of the pack? The measurements I gave you were for the charging plate that attaches to the bottom of the mobo.
By Darth_Egon
Since I used resin parts I was afraid that if I used pop rivets to secure the tubes to the plate that they would break. I just drilled the mounting holes on the tubes and popped out the stem on the rivets and epoxied them. I’ll do another video better showing this later this weekend.
By l3w1sb159
My parts are resin too.
For my L bracket I'm thinking of riveting the bracket to the shell like the screen used packs with some beefy 5mmx16mm rivets ( rivet heads on the backside of the shell) and possibly drilling and tapping into the side of the injector tubes for 2 m4 bolts so they can be removed if I ever need.
Darth_Egon liked this
By l3w1sb159
I managed to knock together the charging plate and L bracket, as my work has a metal sheet folder to get bang on 90° folds.
Thanks to all you guys helping with figuring out the dimensions!

I thought I'd put the template I made here in case it comes in handy for anyone else looking to make their own. I left the switch section blank as that is usually a custom setup.

tobycj, Nighty80 liked this

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]