Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By Broccoli
As a fun project, I am looking to repaint some of my old Real Ghostbusters figures to revitalize them as well as to reflect the colors from the cartoon. My main question is I don't know how to get the GB logo on the arms. I was considering doing a custom decal using waterslide decal paper, but I am unsure how well that will work or which paper would be work well. With the ghost being white, clear paper would not work very well since the printers I have don't print white and white paper would cause issues with the area outside of the logo unless it is cut very fine.

Has anyone else tried to do this and, if so, any success?
By Alex Newborn
I haven't painted any RGB figures in a long time, but the technique I tried 20-ish years ago was to exactingly brush some mold-making liquid latex over the original factory-applied Kenner logos, let it dry, spray-paint the figures, let that dry, and then peel off the latex-with-paint-on-top revealing the original logo still visible.

Alex
Last edited by Alex Newborn on January 19th, 2021, 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
By GabOchoa
I used white waterslide decal paper for my customs. I had to apply it to a Janine in a brown costume, so I sprayed a smaller circle of white primer before applying the decal. You can still see the edges in this photo, but they were fixed with a xacto knife once it dried. Image
Last edited by Kingpin on January 19th, 2021, 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed image link
Chicken, He Clucked and -1 others liked this
By Broccoli
GabOchoa wrote: January 19th, 2021, 8:53 am I used white waterslide decal paper for my customs. I had to apply it to a Janine in a brown costume, so I sprayed a smaller circle of white primer before applying the decal. You can still see the edges in this photo, but they were fixed with a xacto knife once it dried.
That looks pretty good. Why the white primer? Was the brown showing through the ghost?

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

Patch 1.8.0/DLC 5 added two more -Bitter Cold: […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]