Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
Davideverona wrote:I'm not convinced by the Grooberson-Shandor theory. If he's attempting to re-summon Gozer, why would he be losing time investigating the earthquakes?

I think he represents us, the fans. A super geekyly obsessed fan of the Ghostbusters. He knows all the details of their adventures, he knows what they were using to do their busting (only on a superficial level, he doesn't know all the technical aspects of the equipment), so when disaster strikes he's super excited to help the kids find their way in the ghost busting world. Obviously he'll freak out when he'll discover that the family is a whole bunch of Spenglers.
I agree. If Grooberson was a Shandor, then I would imagine he'd know exactly what was causing the Earthquakes and would be keeping a low profile so as not to be interfered with in his attempt to bring Gozer back (assuming that's the goal).

There was a photo (https://media.vanityfair.com/photos/5e2 ... mbed03.jpg) showing Grooberson and Callie looking at a map. If you look in the foreground, there are a bunch of 80s era gadgets. I think this is stuff from Egon's underground lab. My theory is that Grooberson finds a map detailing the Shandor mine, and Grooberson figures that must be the source of the earthquakes. I think he will go to the mine and get's chased back to his car by a terror dog.
Kingpin wrote: January 19th, 2021, 10:57 am
groschopf wrote: January 19th, 2021, 8:32 amThe angle of the window line is all wrong
I've no knowledge on '59 Cadillac door assemblies beyond the various adventures Sean Bishop has had, but it could just be the mechanism to raise/lower the glass has got a bit wonky. Here's a different shot, I assume of the same Wrecto prop:

It would feel a little hackneyed for Grooberson to be Oscar... What are the chances of the adoptive son of Peter Venkman and Dr. Spengler both happening to end up living in Shandorville, Oklahoma?
Can confirm the window is not fully rolled down is all that's going on there. I don't have a straight on picture of mine with the window mostly rolled down, but the attached is the best I can give for perspective.
JonXCTrack wrote: January 19th, 2021, 2:28 pm
Davideverona wrote:I'm not convinced by the Grooberson-Shandor theory. If he's attempting to re-summon Gozer, why would he be losing time investigating the earthquakes?

I think he represents us, the fans. A super geekyly obsessed fan of the Ghostbusters. He knows all the details of their adventures, he knows what they were using to do their busting (only on a superficial level, he doesn't know all the technical aspects of the equipment), so when disaster strikes he's super excited to help the kids find their way in the ghost busting world. Obviously he'll freak out when he'll discover that the family is a whole bunch of Spenglers.
I agree. If Grooberson was a Shandor, then I would imagine he'd know exactly what was causing the Earthquakes and would be keeping a low profile so as not to be interfered with in his attempt to bring Gozer back (assuming that's the goal).

There was a photo (https://media.vanityfair.com/photos/5e2 ... mbed03.jpg) showing Grooberson and Callie looking at a map. If you look in the foreground, there are a bunch of 80s era gadgets. I think this is stuff from Egon's underground lab. My theory is that Grooberson finds a map detailing the Shandor mine, and Grooberson figures that must be the source of the earthquakes. I think he will go to the mine and get's chased back to his car by a terror dog.
If you look closely, you can see little dog figures next to Callie and behind Grooberson.
deadderek, Corey91 liked this
Has anyone tried to piece together scenes based on the clothes the characters are wearing? Like the shirt Grooberson is wearing holding the map in the old house is the same as when he holds the trap in the school in the trailer. Since we are still limited on what they’ve fed us through pictures and the trailer, I wonder how many dots we could connect in terms of timeline.
Michael Scott wrote: January 19th, 2021, 5:28 pm Has anyone tried to piece together scenes based on the clothes the characters are wearing? Like the shirt Grooberson is wearing holding the map in the old house is the same as when he holds the trap in the school in the trailer. Since we are still limited on what they’ve fed us through pictures and the trailer, I wonder how many dots we could connect in terms of timeline.
I did it with the Phoebe's scenes in the trailer... Like a year ago.
I think I have pierced together the first scenes of the movie, based on the Phoebe clothes.

We basically have four combinations: red shirt with coveralls, blue shirt with coveralls, red shirt without coveralls, light blue and white dots with coveralls.

RED SHIRT WITH COVERALLS: the family arrives at home. They experience the earthquakes.

BLUE SHIRT WITH COVERALLS: Phoebe solve the living room puzzle and finds the ghost trap. She bring the trap at school. Grooberson tell her about the Ghostbusters.
He let the trap fall and release the ghost who run amok and fly away (Phoebe in the bus scene).

RED SHIRT WITHOUT COVERALLS: Phoebe is curious about the Ghostbusters. Back home Phoebe search some more into the living room hideout and finds the PKE meter. She follows it and find Egon's lab.
She decides to try the pack (Phoebe in the field alone scene).

Trevor finds the Ecto 1.

LIGHT BLUE SHIRT WITH WHITE DOTS AND COVERALLS: Phoebe shows her friend the equipment and they try it in an open area.
With Trevor they decide to catch the ghost escaped from the trap.

What do you think?

Also, other thoughts: judging from Grooberson's words, people didn't forgot the Ghostbusters. They simply did their job too well and closed the activity, but are still regarded as heroes.

The "who are you line" is delivered at Spengler's home. Maybe Grooberson visit the family after the Ecto joyride.
Alphagaia, mrmichaelt, deadderek and 1 others liked this
RichardLess wrote: January 15th, 2021, 10:52 pm
Glow in the Dark wrote: January 15th, 2021, 6:55 pm

"This content received too many dislikes. Click SHOW to view"

Seriously? You all can't handle someone feeling different than you?
No I think it’s just the general tone and defeatist attitude you have.
“I’m so over this movie”. I mean what is that? If your over it, why are you posting here? You’re over a new GB movie? And you’re a fan? A bit odd.

Plus...that trailer was awesome. Saying it was unfunny is a bit silly since it wasn’t trying to be funny.

So don’t make it about people feeling different than you. It’s more your dismissive attitude/tone. But I didn’t dislike your post so I’m just guessing that’s why.
They literally had a part where they had the strangers thing kid try to make a really unfunny joke.
Davideverona wrote: January 19th, 2021, 10:51 pmThe "who are you line" is delivered at Spengler's home. Maybe Grooberson visit the family after the Ecto joyride.

Be right back lemme grab footage.
Chicken, He Clucked, Alphagaia and -1 others liked this
He says "Who are you?" while wearing the same red shirt that he does while him and Phoebe are looking at a map in the trailer. Come to think of it you're likely right it looks more like the house than the classroom.

Compared to the trailer:
Davideverona, Alphagaia liked this
The picture of Mr. Grooberson and Callie holding that map he's wearing the other shirt.

Looks like the trailer was cut to make it look like the "Wait a minute." line was directly followed by "Who are you?" when that's not the case.

Then again, we have seen only a couple minutes of footage all together. We have no idea how long of a period of time this movie takes place, what other clothes in what other scenes they're wearing...but it's fun to dissect and look at everything. He could be at the house wearing the red shirt one day and a different one the following day.

Sorry for triple posting guys.
Alphagaia, Chicken, He Clucked and -1 others liked this
JonXCTrack wrote: January 19th, 2021, 2:28 pm I agree. If Grooberson was a Shandor, then I would imagine he'd know exactly what was causing the Earthquakes and would be keeping a low profile so as not to be interfered with in his attempt to bring Gozer back (assuming that's the goal).

I figure Grooberson might be in Summerville because he knows Egon hid something there he needs to re-summon Gozer. The trailer implies Phoebe solves a puzzle to unlock the trap? It's possible Egon knew in advance that in 20+ years Gozer might re-materialize and planned to leave the farm to his family plus put in security measures to prevent the tech falling into the wrong hands. Grooberson befriends them to get access to this.

Sure there are holes in it, and it could be way off. But also that name...

deadderek liked this
CONFIRMED: Grooberson wears different clothes in different scenes.

BREAKING: So do the other characters.

*deletes this post a day later*
Alphagaia, Kingpin, Davideverona and 1 others liked this
Why do we assume Rudd is the villain?

I thought he was a representation of us. Fans who were born around the first film and grew up with it to keep it alive and grown to middle age.
I break it down like this:

The OGBs rep well themselves. People who were there from inception to now.

Rudd & Coons: Us. The generation who grew up with it. This knowledge of something legendary that has been on life support for a few a long time.

Grace, Wolfhard, Kim: Our kids. The next generation being introduced to something talked up in legend but not seen.
Hairy Biker wrote: January 20th, 2021, 2:17 am Why do we assume Rudd is the villain?

I thought he was a representation of us. Fans who were born around the first film and grew up with it to keep it alive and grown to middle age.
I break it down like this:

The OGBs rep well themselves. People who were there from inception to now.

Rudd & Coons: Us. The generation who grew up with it. This knowledge of something legendary that has been on life support for a few a long time.

Grace, Wolfhard, Kim: Our kids. The next generation being introduced to something talked up in legend but not seen.

Oh I really don't think he is the villian. Yeah I am with you I think he is supposed to represent the generation of fans that were children around the time as the first film. You could say that Rudd not only represents that generation, but also represents Jason Reitman the first Ghostbusters fan. I get the feeling that Jason will do alot of speaking through Rudds character.

Could Rudd get possesed, it is a strong possibility, but at the same time that may be a bit predictable. I don't want to open this can of worms again, but if the 2009 video game is NOT canon, Shandor being the villian would still feel like too much of a retread of the game. I don't think they'd want to repeat those story beats. I have a feeling that it will go in a suprising direction.

I have a strong feeling.

There are going to be quite a few good callbacks to the other 2 films.

We also know.
This Post Contains Spoilers
Which makes sense in both scenarios of the game being canon and non canon. Either way there are no big contadictions.

If Shandor is the villian of this story I certainly won't be disappointed, but I feel that the main threat is something that hasn't been touched upon yet. Again Gozer and the Shandor cult are involved, but what if there is another even more powerful deity involved? Seeing the new shot with the kids in uniform has really reminded me just how little we have actually seen of this movie. My God this is going to be a fun journey. :):):)
deadderek, Alphagaia, mrmichaelt and 1 others liked this
deadderek wrote: January 20th, 2021, 2:15 am CONFIRMED: Grooberson wears different clothes in different scenes.

BREAKING: So do the other characters.
Let this be a lesson to them to never give us only one still to look at. This is where we will naturally deviate to. Clothes analysis. :P

But kidding aside, thanks for breaking that down.
deadderek liked this
Has it been confirmed that Gozer is actually involved? Yes, Staypuft was the chosen form but what if it's something else that creates the mini pufts? If Phoebe sees the footage of Stay Puft could another entity be playing off her fears? If the Ghost in the trap isn't muncher it could be something very new and dangerous.

I would like to think the Shandor's, or Gozer Worshippers wouldn't be dumb enough to back the same horse twice. Maybe something like the copycat Ghost or Boogie Man is messing with her? A live action boogie man would be freaking awesome!

I'm probobly way off but are we assuming that Gozer is involved just because we know the Shandor's have been confirmed?
The heavy symbolism hidden in the logos of Smallville, the mine being from Shandor and the Demon Dog and Stay Pufts heavily indicate it's at least very connected to Shandor/Gozer.

Even in the videogame Shandor backed 'The Destroyer' twice before taking matters into his own undead hands, but we will see.
deadderek, Kingpin liked this
Alphagaia wrote: January 20th, 2021, 8:03 am The heavy symbolism hidden in the logos of Smallville, the mine being from Shandor and the Demon Dog and Stay Pufts heavily indicate it's at least very connected to Shandor/Gozer.

Even in the videogame Shandor backed 'The Destroyer' twice before taking matters into his own undead hands, but we will see.
Now showing digitally the Zack Snyder cut of Ghostbusters Afterlife. A four hour journey into thirty years of investigating paranormal activity. Exclusively on HBO MAX.
As a freakishly huge fan of the first two movies, this important detail revealed on AMC's Afterlife page last year still makes me excited for how all three movies will be streamlined into one cohesive story.

"...and with it established not only the new group of central protagonists that the story will follow, but also the mystery at the center of the plot, and how everything will link back to the events featured in both GHOSTBUSTERS and GHOSTBUSTERS II."
timeware wrote: January 20th, 2021, 9:14 am
Alphagaia wrote: January 20th, 2021, 8:03 am The heavy symbolism hidden in the logos of Smallville, the mine being from Shandor and the Demon Dog and Stay Pufts heavily indicate it's at least very connected to Shandor/Gozer.

Now showing digitally the Zack Snyder cut of Ghostbusters Afterlife. A four hour journey into thirty years of investigating paranormal activity. Exclusively on HBO MAX.
The Mustache Cut.
deadderek, Kingpin liked this
pizzarat wrote: January 20th, 2021, 9:18 am As a freakishly huge fan of the first two movies, this important detail revealed on AMC's Afterlife page last year still makes me excited for how all three movies will be streamlined into one cohesive story.

"...and with it established not only the new group of central protagonists that the story will follow, but also the mystery at the center of the plot, and how everything will link back to the events featured in both GHOSTBUSTERS and GHOSTBUSTERS II."
That wasn't "revealed by AMC" at all. It was even said in the very first Variety article:
"...this film will be a continuation of the 1984 sequel and will not be connected to the 2016 film."

At no point did anyone say Ghostbusters 2 was being discarded. I think it stems from people seeing the Ecto 1 instead of the 1A and jumping to conclusions for absolutely no reason at all.
Bison256 wrote: January 20th, 2021, 9:41 am Am I the only not getting excited? After the last two delays I don't want to get my hopes up until I positively know the movie will be in theaters or steaming this summer.
Oh yeah, I'm keeping my fingers firmly crossed.
However, even if it's delayed for another X months, at least we have this article with new photos to look forward to.
deadderek liked this

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]