Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
mrmichaelt wrote: January 21st, 2021, 6:04 am ^Or they were simply inaccurate when they were quickly creating the doll for the faux farmhouse set used for a few minutes in an episode.
I'm not so sure that's the case . My guess is the designers would have used a mall provided by Sony. Looking at how detailed the Muncherprop looks it's probably provided by Sony and it will also be used for display at Cinemas and stuff.
Last edited by Alphagaia on January 21st, 2021, 6:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
mrmichaelt liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: January 21st, 2021, 6:04 am ^Or they were simply inaccurate when they were quickly creating the doll for the faux farmhouse set used for a few minutes in an episode.
About as accurate as the Ecto they used.
mrmichaelt liked this
But it also matches the Hasbro toy reveals and promo art, which show Muncher as both cute with miniature proportions and then big enough to have a Stop sign in his belly.

In other news they've started cancelling summer festivals in the UK, which bodes badly for the cinema industry and Afterlife keeping it's June slot. At this point I think a slide to Fall/Winter is inevitable.
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: January 21st, 2021, 7:12 am
But it also matches the Hasbro toy reveals and promo art, which show Muncher as both cute with miniature proportions and then big enough to have a Stop sign in his belly.

In other news they've started cancelling summer festivals in the UK, which bodes badly for the cinema industry and Afterlife keeping it's June slot. At this point I think a slide to Fall/Winter is inevitable.
Look at the bright side of life.
Summer festivals are enormous bunch of people sticking near each other.

A theatre is more manageable
deadderek liked this
Davideverona, Kingpin, BatDan and 3 others liked this
Alphagaia wrote: January 21st, 2021, 2:06 am
Hairy Biker wrote: January 20th, 2021, 7:39 pm

Its a little muddy for me Pizza, but are you saying Vigo or some form of will be in Afterlife or like the game where Shandor and Gozer influenced Vigo?
I'm not understanding what your suggesting.
Sorry mate.
Yeah, it's basically just confirming it will be a sequel to the older movies. Not sure why that also means Vigo plays a part in it, unless it becomes a blatant copy of what the Videogame already did.

At the very least, both outcomes are possible, but I feel it's way more likely that's the text is meant to imply it will be a sequel. GB2 is also a sequel and Gozer doesn't play a part in it, which is also why GBA doesn't automatically mean Vigo will play a part of it. (We have many nods to Shandor and Gozer though).
Not sure why it's needed to basically call someone an Edge Lord over a simple dispute, though.
I don't think anyone said that Vigo would inherently be a part of it, we were merely discussing which particular event/events would link all three movies together. Whenever the conversation beyond the initial "dispute", it always had to go back to "No, derp, you're wrong", which is pretty much the definition of edgelord to me.
BatDan wrote: January 21st, 2021, 3:24 am

Another cool interview with Ernie promoting Redemption day.

Afterlife tidbit: “winston will be a complete character in the new film” (Referring/comparing to character arc and development from an earlier bit. )

Take that for what its worth, if winston gets some backstory and development i think all is well in the “will it just be a quick cameo???” Fear dept.
Heck yeah, one of my biggest wishes for Afterlife is that FINALLY we get to see Winston Zeddemore bust a ghost. Track em, zap em, trap em.
BatDan, deadderek liked this
Sony has sold worldwide rights to the Phil Lord and Christopher Miller animated feature The Mitchells vs. the Machines to Netflix. The pic was previously known as Connected.

The pic jumped around the release calendar during the pandemic, with an opening date of Oct. 23 then ultimately March 12 before Netflix acquired.
If this goes well, Netflix have deep pockets...
tylergfoster liked this
I'm doubtful Sony would let it go streaming first BUT if it does I hope it goes to Netflix over any other streaming service.
deadderek wrote: January 21st, 2021, 9:33 am I'm doubtful Sony would let it go streaming first BUT if it does I hope it goes to Netflix over any other streaming service.
It could potentially do gangbusters for Netflix, and honestly might reach a wider audience than a theatrical run.

The only downside will be if Sony can make enough from such a deal.

It's notable there has been a flurry of promotion this week. Could be just keeping the engine running, but do we think they can really push this back to 2022?
deadderek liked this
Connected/The Mitchells Vs. The Machines going to Netflix doesn't necessarily pave the way for Afterlife to go the streaming route.
I couldn't find the exact production cost, but Variety guesstimated in the $50 million-$100 million range. That's double Bill & Ted's budget at the least expensive option, whilst the highest option is $40 million short of Afterlife's at $144 million.

Sony may change their mind as 2021 unfolds, but they may be letting Connected/The Mitchells Vs. The Machines go to streaming, taking advantage of all the parents who're currently stuck at home with kids and looking for new media to consume, because they can sacrifice that a little as they have less invested in its future than Afterlife
deadderek, Alphagaia liked this
I gotta say, the whole Muncher is Slimer/Pokémon evolution thing is actually an interesting hypothetical concept. A sneaky way of getting Slimer into the story without revealing him straight away, until he maybe goes through some sort of devolution to his classic design.
deadderek, Alphagaia liked this

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]