Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
...at least the kids in this one will be old enough to start the business back up if they make another?
deadderek liked this
deadderek wrote: January 21st, 2021, 6:50 pm MULTIPLE reliable sources are confirming it. Not surprising though tbh.
I need a couple hundred reliable sources. I know it is true, but it is for the frustration. :sigh:

+Ghostbusters Cereal (check)
+Ghostbusters Twinkies (check)
+Ghostbusters: Afterlife delayed to November 11th. Nooooooooooooo....... :walterpeck:
BatDan, deadderek liked this
Selina42 wrote: January 21st, 2021, 5:38 pm Reddit spoilers
Yeah, I don't believe a word of that Redditer's claims.
delta88 wrote: January 21st, 2021, 7:30 pm I think I knew deep down June wasn't going to happen. It's a bitter pill to swallow but I want to see this in the theater.
Same. :(
delta88 liked this
Yay for November birthdays!

I hate to admit it but I'm more disappointed this means a delay in merchandise than a delay in the movie. It's because I don't know if I'm going to like the movie but I know I like what I saw from the 2020 NYTF and was really looking forward to getting that stuff.

Every time the movie is postponed I swear I'm going to use the time to expand my Kenner collection with eBay finds but I don't get to it. Now with this near 10 month delay I'm going to really go for it ... may be. I got some bonus Repro Kenner figures as a gift so at least now I have some I can open.
Glenn Frederick liked this
Maybe they never filmed a movie and this is all part of some twisted social experiment
Coover5, Sav C, EddieSpenser liked this
SpaceBallz wrote: January 21st, 2021, 8:32 pm Maybe they never filmed a movie and this is all part of some twisted social experiment
Well...thats just plain mean.

In the mean time, for 6 weeks, my local cinema is playing the first three Indy films and the original Star Wars trilogy....so that will keep me going for a bit.
At least we can go see Peter Rabbit 2 on June 11th.

That’s the thing I, and I’d guess most of us, tend to forget is when Sony delays something, they delay their whole slate. It’s not just Afterlife. So even if June was looking to be a good date (debatable), Sony made the push because the February and April dates for other films weren’t going to work. So everything bumps back a slot.
Bummer. I probably won't get a chance to see it until December, or even next January, since my theater doesn't ever get movies right away. Unless face-to-face classes have resumed by next semester, because then I'll be in the city and will get a chance to see it in IMAX.
SpaceBallz wrote: January 21st, 2021, 8:32 pm Maybe they never filmed a movie and this is all part of some twisted social experiment
Let's see what happens when we take away the puppy.
Last edited by Sav C on January 21st, 2021, 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coover5, SpaceBallz liked this
f***.

At least give us a frigging trailer to look forward to. Something. November?? Yeah that’s just what everyone wants to see. A movie about Ghosts right after Halloween.

That’s a stupid, idiotic release date. For Christ sakes, October is right there! It’s a no brainer.

This means we prob won’t see any new footage from this movie until May-June.

f***.

What’s hilarious is “Muncher” is becoming a viral hit with people on Twitter.
Glenn Frederick, BatDan liked this
I do think it's odd to out a movie about ghosts in November. Reminds me of Disney putting Hocus Pocus out in July. (Gee it flopped financially during summer who would have guessed?)

*sigh*

The part that sucks the most for me is that there's a big fundraiser that's going to feature multiple franchises for a cause very near and dear to my heart.

We have corporate sponsors, raffle items, and even boxes of event specific merchandise gathering dust. (Thankfully none with dates on them) Also a badass Mooglie we can't wait to unveil. Permit paperwork just waiting to be filed. It's gonna be awesome. :)

Pushing the movie to November though likely means we won't be able to do it until 2022.

That's what makes me sad the most about Afterlife.

However health & safety comes first, and hopefully everything works out for the movie release so we can also get our event going. :)
deadderek wrote: January 22nd, 2021, 12:36 am I do think it's odd to out a movie about ghosts in November. Reminds me of Disney putting Hocus Pocus out in July. (Gee it flopped financially during summer who would have guessed?)
Given the proximity of dates, I'm kinda surprised they didn't schedule it for Halloween. I wonder if another movie is slotted for Halloween week.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]