Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
Well, technically the videogame was a sequel. So there was at least that. And didn't Reitman say this wasn't a sequel but the story takes place in the GB world or am I misremembering?

But I can understand the weight is long. Just be happy 30 years ago you didn't know how long it would take annnnd that a few months is a lot less when compared to 30 long years.
Bison256 wrote: April 16th, 2021, 11:12 am Would anyone get a little impatient after waiting 30 some years for a real sequel and then having the movie delayed due events beyond anyone's control?
People getting frustrated and a little impatient is understandable, but they need to be constructive in how they vent it.
deadderek, Alphagaia, RedSpecial and 1 others liked this
I find it almost hilarious.
First we had 25 years of them trying to find the right script, then we had an official announcement by Sony of a talented duo hired to write the GB3 script only to be blocked by Murray's "no".

Then, when things seemed so bright, Ramis died.

Then again, when everything seemed lost, along came Jason with a wonderful idea. The production started!!! Something we thought we'd never witnessed and finally a mere few months away from the release, a global pandemic strike. Something that didn't happened in the last 100 years had to happen exactly in the year of the Ghostbusters 3 we waited so long.

Something doesn't want this movie to come out.
Kingpin wrote:Ghostbusters 3: A study in sheer bloody patience.
"Can they see us?"

"No. They think they're here for a movie premiere. We've kept them waiting for two and a half hours and I've been gradually increasing the temperature in the theater. It's up to ninety-five degrees at the moment. Now one of my ushers is asking them if they'd mind waiting another half hour."
Audience starts throwing popcorn...
"Oh, good. Very good. Very, very nice."
Coover5, Davideverona, Kingpin and 5 others liked this
Sav C wrote: April 16th, 2021, 1:37 pm "Can they see us?"

"No. They think they're here for a movie premiere. We've kept them waiting for two and a half hours and I've been gradually increasing the temperature in the theater. It's up to ninety-five degrees at the moment. Now one of my ushers is asking them if they'd mind waiting another half hour."

"Let's see what happens when we take away the movie."
Sav C, mrmichaelt, deadderek and 1 others liked this
Kingpin wrote: April 16th, 2021, 3:07 pm
Sav C wrote: April 16th, 2021, 1:37 pm "Can they see us?"

"Let's see what happens when we take away the movie."
Nerd riots, Ghostbusting hooligans, wheezing war chants, dogs and cats living together... Mass hysteria!!!
Sav C liked this
Scalpers remind me of the Jurassic Park lawyer.

"And we can charge anything we want, 2,000 a day, 10,000 a day, and people will pay it."

Last edited by deadderek on April 16th, 2021, 10:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sav C, Kingpin, SpaceBallz liked this
Coover5 wrote: April 16th, 2021, 1:23 pm What do we think this is going to be? https://www.hallmark.com/ornaments/keep ... I7415.html I'm guessing it's a mini puft.
My guess: Image
Davideverona liked this
I would be surprised if the ornament was the Afterlife Ecto. In the official order book put out for Hallmark ornaments they did not include a picture of this mystery item which would be an odd choice if it was revealed last year. And that Ecto sold for $29.99 and this is $22.99. Also the Afterlife Ecto was listed as being done by Rodney Gentry and this new one is listed as being done by Tammy Haddix.
Last edited by Coover5 on April 17th, 2021, 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
deadderek wrote: April 16th, 2021, 10:19 pm Scalpers remind me of the Jurassic Park lawyer.

"And we can charge anything we want, 2,000 a day, 10,000 a day, and people will pay it."

God, it's Pepsi Perfect all over again. I have nothing but kind words for E-Bay Scalpers, and by kind words I mean Jackasstic evil son's of bitches. Pardon my french, but don't pardon their crap.
Kingpin liked this
I don't want to stoke any sort of anxiety over November, but it may have been smarter for them to move it up a couple of months.

Sept-Nov is when infection rates started rising globally last year, as this thing likes the cold.
Currently the picture is optimistic due to the vaccine rollout, but if there is any sort of variant which undercuts the vaccine over the next 8 months, then Winter starts looking dicier again.

In any case I hope they commit to November, even if it means a last-minute streaming type deal.
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: April 18th, 2021, 10:01 am In any case I hope they commit to November, even if it means a last-minute streaming type deal.
Oh hell no push it back to 2022 if it comes to it.
Kingpin liked this
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: April 18th, 2021, 10:01 am I don't want to stoke any sort of anxiety over November, but it may have been smarter for them to move it up a couple of months.

Sept-Nov is when infection rates started rising globally last year, as this thing likes the cold.
Currently the picture is optimistic due to the vaccine rollout, but if there is any sort of variant which undercuts the vaccine over the next 8 months, then Winter starts looking dicier again.

In any case I hope they commit to November, even if it means a last-minute streaming type deal.
Vaccination rates are climbing fast, I'm not worried. I'm getting my first jab in 10 days.
zeta otaku, deadderek liked this
deadderek wrote: April 18th, 2021, 11:02 am
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: April 18th, 2021, 10:01 am In any case I hope they commit to November, even if it means a last-minute streaming type deal.
Oh hell no push it back to 2022 if it comes to it.
I couldn't bear it if they went to 2022. If society shuts down again there is no knowing how long cinemas will be closed. And at some point dragging out the pre-release dripfeed and delays will begin to hurt the movie. I think they need a contingency plan and go November no matter what. But moving it up to Aug/Sept might have been wise to catch the buzz of cinemas re-opening when cinemas are pretty much guaranteed to be open. November just has a little more risk to it imo.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]