Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
BatDan wrote: June 17th, 2021, 7:13 pm
Coover5 wrote: June 17th, 2021, 5:50 pm

Well since you guys guessed it, I can share this exclusive image of Lucky in her rollerskates hanging around the mine shaft
This Post Contains Spoilers
We doin' this huh? Then I managed to track down a pic of Egon communicating with Callie in the secret bunker! Jealous?
This Post Contains Spoilers
Dr.D wrote: June 17th, 2021, 7:35 pm I'm sad this wasn't a pic of that guy from Carmen San Diego. Ya'll know who i mean?
Damn it I missed so much potential with this! But hey, it’ll work just as fine as this pic ;)
Dr.D liked this
Ghostytheghost wrote: June 17th, 2021, 2:48 pm Can I just say that I'm impressed how after two years and several months, we still have no major plot spoilers? Anything that was spoiled were mostly minor and I gotta give credit to Sony for being more careful with this movie spoiler-wise than ATC. Think about it, we don't know when and where the OG's come into play, the big bad, why the Mini Pufts are alive, the exact involvement Grooberson had with the OG's in the 80's, couple other things I haven't mentioned... dang, we still don't know the canon specifics for plenty of other characters and equipment! I might be missing something but I'm still impressed with how we still have no major spoilers now. Big props to Ghost Corps and Sony! Although I don't know if it'll age well when Trailer 2 and the TV spots arrive. But hey, I'm still impressed. :cool:
It's also a conscious effort from various franchises to prevent some things from getting out.

When I run into pics/vids/etc that I haven't seen anywhere else and they contain anything that might be a spoiler, I run it by Ghost Corps first. Had my fair share of "how did you find that out?" "Where did you see this?" "Would prefer you don't post that".

I know of at 3 franchises holding onto a whopper. But it's out of both love & respect* we all keep our mouths shut.

*and fear of C&D notices
Kingpin, Sav C liked this
deadderek wrote: June 18th, 2021, 12:39 am
Ghostytheghost wrote: June 17th, 2021, 2:48 pm Can I just say that I'm impressed how after two years and several months, we still have no major plot spoilers? Anything that was spoiled were mostly minor and I gotta give credit to Sony for being more careful with this movie spoiler-wise than ATC. Think about it, we don't know when and where the OG's come into play, the big bad, why the Mini Pufts are alive, the exact involvement Grooberson had with the OG's in the 80's, couple other things I haven't mentioned... dang, we still don't know the canon specifics for plenty of other characters and equipment! I might be missing something but I'm still impressed with how we still have no major spoilers now. Big props to Ghost Corps and Sony! Although I don't know if it'll age well when Trailer 2 and the TV spots arrive. But hey, I'm still impressed. :cool:
It's also a conscious effort from various franchises to prevent some things from getting out.

When I run into pics/vids/etc that I haven't seen anywhere else and they contain anything that might be a spoiler, I run it by Ghost Corps first. Had my fair share of "how did you find that out?" "Where did you see this?" "Would prefer you don't post that".

I know of at 3 franchises holding onto a whopper. But it's out of both love & respect* we all keep our mouths shut.

*and fear of C&D notices
How ironic that one of the major surprises in this movie was spoiled by a strict Jason's collaborator 😁
deadderek liked this
Here it is, a Ghostbusters Fans exclusive! Grooberson's connection to the Ghostbusters!
RAY
You're not a bad guy to have in a fight! Nice to meet you, Mr. Grooberson. Call me Ray.

GROOBERSON
Wow. We actually have met before.

RAY
Really? Where was that?

GROOBERSON
You were at my little brother's birthday party in 1989. He was turning seven? I... Kinda said you guys were full of crap.

RAY AND WINSTON EXCHANGE A KNOWING GLANCE.

RAY
Oh... The ungrateful yuppy larvae.
deadderek, groschopf, Ghostytheghost and 7 others liked this
Kingpin wrote: June 18th, 2021, 10:59 am Here is is, a Ghostbusters Fans exclusive! Grooberson's connection to the Ghostbusters!
RAY
You're not a bad guy to have in a fight! Nice to meet you, Mr. Grooberson. Call me Ray.

GROOBERSON
Wow. We actually have met before.

RAY
Really? Where was that?

GROOBERSON
You were at my little brother's birthday party in 1989. He was turning seven? I... Kinda said you guys were full of crap.

RAY AND WINSTON EXCHANGE A KNOWING GLANCE.

RAY
Oh... The ungrateful yuppy larvae.
This is exactly why i have been saying don't count on anything until the pandemic is over.But damn, Hotel looked good though. Let's cross those streams it doesn't overshadow afterlife.

By the way I got my Pfizer vaccine. So far no issues with it except a mild headache the day after I got it, but that lasted like five minutes.
groschopf wrote: June 18th, 2021, 2:17 pm
SpaceBallz wrote: June 18th, 2021, 12:17 pm Muncher does what Batman won't.
... see a therapist instead of living in his parents' basement with a giant computer ywhile creating a rubber animal costume to get in fights with?

Heh.
Considering some of the psychologists in Gotham, I think he made the right choice.
timeware wrote: June 18th, 2021, 5:45 pm This is exactly why i have been saying don't count on anything until the pandemicv is over.But damn, Hotel looked good though. Let's cross those streams it doesn't overshadow afterlife.

By the way I got my Pfizer vaccine. So far no issues with it except a mild headache the day after I got it, but that lasted like five minutes.
Luckily it was delayed to October 1st and not closer to Afterlife.
groschopf liked this
Ectojeff88 wrote: June 18th, 2021, 11:43 pm If they want to release it with a big movie, attaching it to F9 is the biggest release for the summer.
Maybe Black Widow in July would work also.
Debuting the trailer in August (three months left that way) would make sense if it was attached to somethin' like Free Guy or The Suicide Squad. For July tho, Black Widow does seem more logical than that stupid-ass F9. There's also Snake Eyes (spin-off movie of 80's cartoon) or Jungle Cruise (yet another park ride to movie conversion).
Kingpin liked this
Alphagaia wrote: June 19th, 2021, 9:51 am Trailers usually share themes with the movie they are out in front of, right?
I think they used to, but they don't seem to bother anymore beyond the age rating... At least, that's the impression I get as a UK cinemagoer.
deadderek liked this
Kingpin wrote: June 19th, 2021, 5:47 am
Ectojeff88 wrote: June 18th, 2021, 11:43 pmattaching it to F9 is the biggest release for the summer.
Personally, I wouldn't want Ghostbusters anywhere near that garbage franchise.
Oh come on, they're doing great things for the damaged self-image of bald dudes everywhere!
deadderek liked this

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]