Check line 54

// LED indexes into the neopixel powerstick chain for the cyclotron. Each stick has 8 neopixels for a total of
// 16 with an index starting at 0. These offsets are because my powercell window only shows 13 leds. If you can show more
// change the offset index and powercell count to get more or less lit.
const int powercellLedCount = 14; // total number of led's in the animation
const int powercellIndexOffset = 1; // first led offset into the led chain for the animation

My pack I had to set offsets to turn off the first and last leds as they didn't fit in the space.
cliffjacob liked this
The most likely situation is that the arduino is not communicating with the sx-1509. Make sure you have the 3v out from the arduino wired up properly to it. The full code with bar graph does a check to make sure the sx-1509 is communicating properly before continuing on. It's on line 169 of the code
Code: Select all
    // Call io.begin(<address>) to initialize the SX1509. If it
  // successfully communicates, it'll return 1.
  if (!io.begin(SX1509_ADDRESS)) {
    while (1) ; // If we fail to communicate, loop forever for now but it would be nice to warn the user somehow
  }
That is where I would start looking
Nearly there now thank you for your help. Can o just ask you a simple thing that I can't seem to figure out but I'm sure it's so obvious.
How did you fix the neopixel jewel to the wand end with the acrylic tube? Was going to go pop and twist but I can't see how this would work with the size of the jewel.
Thank you and all the best.
Hello again Count, hope you are well. i am really sorry to have to ask you another question and i have tried my best to find out myself but i just cant get my head around coding. Also i totally understand if you dont have the time to reply/answer as im sure you have better things to do than rewrite your already awesome code.

if you have time my question is :- id like to fit a single neopixel (the same type as used elsewhere on the wand) to the acrylic tube so i can use the pop and twist as the jewel is just to big to fit.
is there a very simple way of doing this?
if not as i say dont worry if not simple for my noob brain i just wont fit the pop mech.
thank you so much for reading this.

Mike
The wand jewel is controlled separately from the other wand lights. You can see it defined as

#define NEO_NOSE 3 // for nose of wand
Adafruit_NeoPixel noseJewel = Adafruit_NeoPixel(7, NEO_NOSE, NEO_GRB + NEO_KHZ800);

connected to the 3rd pin on the arduino. Removing it is not a big deal. If you want to replace it with a single neopixel just change it to this

#define NEO_NOSE 3 // for nose of wand
Adafruit_NeoPixel noseJewel = Adafruit_NeoPixel(1, NEO_NOSE, NEO_GRB + NEO_KHZ800);

Then farther down in the code is where the nose animation is done. I do use all 7 of the led's in the animation so you will need to figure out how you want to animate the single led. You will want to look for the

void fireStrobe(unsigned long currentMillis) {

function and replace that code to do what you want with the led. It's all pretty well isolated to the clearFireStrobe() and fireStrobe() functions so not a lot of code to change.
Spoof27, cliffjacob liked this
Ciao a tutti i'm having trouble with arduino nano, i upload the neutrino with graph code and arduino ide says upload ok but nothing works.. i check the 5v but nothing, the only thing non connected is the soundboard.. help me please i end to print and paint the neutrino. I'd like to know if possible the exact function of the switches in D5 D6 D7 and the 4 leds out from the D4 thanks alot
i use elegoo nano with atmega 328 and arduino 1.8.19
Hello David,

The 3 swiches and button are as follows

const int THEME_SWITCH = 5; // This is the bottom switch on the main body. It starts the ghostbusters theme music

const int STARTUP_SWITCH = 6; // this is the top switch on the main body. This is the one that turns the main pack on and starts the startup sequence

const int SAFETY_SWITCH = 7; // This switch enables and disables the fire button. It also turns on the light under the vent looking holes on top of the main body. It also starts the front light blinking I believe

const int FIRE_BUTTON = 8; // This is the fire button. When the safety switch is off the button fires.

As far as the lights in the wand go I set them up to make it easy to wire. The first light is the light on top front of the main body. The second light is the one near the clippard valve on the bottom half of the main body, The third light in the chain is the light under the vent, and the last light is for the slow blow

If you do not have the SX1509 connected properly the Neutrino_Wand_With_Graph.ino code will not start up completely. If you don't have that part hooked up yet try the Neutrino_Wand.ino code without it until you get it hooked up. I think everything is the same but it has been a long time since I have messed with the code.
CountDeMonet wrote: January 9th, 2022, 10:38 am If you do not have the SX1509 connected properly the Neutrino_Wand_With_Graph.ino code will not start up completely. If you don't have that part hooked up yet try the Neutrino_Wand.ino code without it until you get it hooked up.
Can confirm, i almost threw the whole pack out of the window as i just wanted to test something without the Bargraph attached but using the with_Barpgraph - Code ;-)
So thanks alot problem fixed! without soundboard and the proton pack lights it can't work i think because of the "if" in the sketch, so happy about thanks alot, my goal is to use the wand with working lights as a gift for a friend. Just another question, when fire button were hold for about 10 or 15 seconds the goes in alarm state, cyclotron faster and other things then the entire pack shuts down, in the code i pick from github and load to my arduino nano it's not present.
Do you remember something about this mode?
Sorry for my bad english i try ;-)
The code for the speed up and the warning is in that code and should be working. The parameters for configuring it are

const unsigned long firingWarmWaitTime = 5000; // how long to hold down fire for lights to speed up
const unsigned long firingWarnWaitTime = 10000; // how long to hold down fire before warning sounds

One thing to note. If you don't have the sound working yet the missing audio board can cause a delay and slow down the entire code pretty significantly. If you don't have the sound board connected you will want to disable it. To do this comment out the contents of the function on line 198

void playAudio( char* trackname, int playing ) {

and then change the code on line 261 to this

int playing = 0; //digitalRead(ACT);

There is something in the adafruit library causing a delay if the board is not communicating properly.
Davide Fortin liked this
CountDeMonet wrote: November 22nd, 2017, 12:28 pm
Mercifull wrote:Would you be willing to upload your fritzing file anywhere?
My machine crashed and I lost everything that was not up on github. The images of the fritzing diagrams are there at least

https://github.com/CountDeMonet/ArduinoProtonPack

could you point put which switch does what when hooked up to the arguing? I love this wiring Diagram and i am using it for my build but as i am wiring it i would like to label the sw. and also do the switches trigger different sounds/ songs depending on their position and or triggering? Thanks in advance the further i get into it the more exciting it gets.
CountDeMonet wrote: January 21st, 2022, 2:00 pm check the build videos which will show the sequences

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBhS ... QpJ_xY3YSR

button pins are defined in the file at the top

// inputs for switches and buttons
const int THEME_SWITCH = 5;
const int STARTUP_SWITCH = 6;
const int SAFETY_SWITCH = 7;
const int FIRE_BUTTON = 8;
Do I need to change these to true in order to get the switches to work with the animation and the sounds? I can’t seem to get the lights to turn on or the sounds going. Everything seems to be wired up correctly according to the Fritzing diagram. Is there other things? that I need to change from false to true in the code or add something to the library
those variables are just for tracking state. Other than setting the number of neopixels in each chain these are the only real options

// ##############################
// available options
// ##############################
const bool useGameCyclotronEffect = true; // set this to true to get the fading previous cyclotron light in the idle sequence
const bool useCyclotronFadeInEffect = false; // Instead of the yellow alternate flashing on boot/vent this fades the cyclotron in from off to red
const bool useDialogTracks = true; // set to true if you want the dialog tracks to play after firing for 5 seconds

It sounds to me like the sx1509 is not initializing if you are using the with bargraph code try installing this code and see if anything happens

https://github.com/CountDeMonet/Arduino ... trino_Wand

all of the pins and everything are the same just the bar graph has been removed.
I was able to get the sounds and lights to work. I had a question on the wiring is it possible to wire the cyclotron lights vent lights and then to the PowerCell without having to change the code? what does the code need to change to if it is wired this way? . If it’s a hassle I’m just gonna leave it as is and run the output wire from the top of the cell to the rest of the cyclotron And vent lights.
You should be able to mess with these variables to set the indexes where they need to be

// LED indexes into the neopixel powerstick chain for the cyclotron. Each stick has 8 neopixels for a total of
// 16 with an index starting at 0. These offsets are because my powercell window only shows 13 leds. If you can show more
// change the offset index and powercell count to get more or less lit.
const int powercellLedCount = 14; // total number of led's in the animation
const int powercellIndexOffset = 1; // first led offset into the led chain for the animation

// These are the indexes for the led's on the chain. Each jewel has 7 LEDs. If you are using a single neopixel or
// some other neopixel configuration you will need to update these indexes to match where things are in the chain
const int c1Start = 16;
const int c1End = 22;
const int c2Start = 23;
const int c2End = 29;
const int c3Start = 30;
const int c3End = 36;
const int c4Start = 37;
const int c4End = 43;
const int ventStart = 44;
const int ventEnd = 47;

Not really coding but where in the chain each light is basically. So if I was doing it the c1Start would be 0 and then adjust the rest of them assuming they are all in the same chain. Then for the powercell offset it would be 1 more than the ventEnd you end up with
2wED1 liked this
Hi, Long time Lurker, first time poster.

I love what you've done here and I would like to print this on my Ender 3 printer.

I have a question. While I know this model here has been scaled down to 83% of full size, I'm only about 5'2" in height so I'm guessing that the size of pack for me would probably be around 90-95% of full size.

I've never done anything with scaling so I'm unsure how to scale up this. I'm using Prusaslicer and see the scale on the right side as 100%. To increase the size am I right in thinking that to get a 90% of full size print I need to increase the scale of this one and change the scale to 107% (being 7% bigger than the original)??

I've never done anything like this before so I don't really understand scaling in a slicer or scaling in 3d prints in general.

EDIT: I've just looked at the base model that's noted in the github ( https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2479141) is already scaled down by 10% so maybe I could look at printing this one and use the electrics from yours in it. Would that work??

Thanks,

Brett
Last edited by BrettRogersUK on January 28th, 2022, 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]