Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
Well, seeing as we have approximately 17 hours to kill, let's play What will they show in the trailer?

We saw a glipse of Callie being in Egon's lab during the Pass the Proton Pack Vignette. I think we will see this, but with some dialogue between Callie and Phoebe.

I think we'll see Podcast attempt to open the ghost trap with a ruler. Mr. Grooberson will explain how the device is supposed to work. They'll go outside and attempt to open the trap, but nothing will happen. They all assume low battery, so Mr. Grooberson attaches the jump starting cables, which causes the trap to overload and a ghost breaks out.

I think we'll see the scene where Trevor attempts to apply for a job at Spinners and there will be some dialogue between him and Lucky.

I think we'll see a scene with all of the kids putting on the jumpsuits and piling into the Ecto-1.

I think we'll see some cuts of different supernatural happenings, such as the mini pufts wreaking havoc, and a geiser of supernatural energy coming from the mine and shooting into the sky (which we saw on one of the Ghostbusters blanket designs). These cuts will have dialogue over them. It will be frantic/urgent in nature. Someone will say "Who are ya gonna call?" Then it will cut to a scene of Ernie Hudson sitting at a desk, dressed in an expensive suit, looking at a framed photo of him and the other ghostbusters. Cue the theme song. Cut to the logo.
deadderek wrote: July 26th, 2021, 11:03 am The instagram has an countdown timer.
Davideverona, groschopf, deadderek and 1 others liked this
JonXCTrack wrote: July 26th, 2021, 12:17 pm Well, seeing as we have approximately 17 hours to kill, let's play What will they show in the trailer?

We saw a glipse of Callie being in Egon's lab during the Pass the Proton Pack Vignette. I think we will see this, but with some dialogue between Callie and Phoebe.

I think we'll see Podcast attempt to open the ghost trap with a ruler. Mr. Grooberson will explain how the device is supposed to work. They'll go outside and attempt to open the trap, but nothing will happen. They all assume low battery, so Mr. Grooberson attaches the jump starting cables, which causes the trap to overload and a ghost breaks out.

I think we'll see the scene where Trevor attempts to apply for a job at Spinners and there will be some dialogue between him and Lucky.

I think we'll see a scene with all of the kids putting on the jumpsuits and piling into the Ecto-1.

I think we'll see some cuts of different supernatural happenings, such as the mini pufts wreaking havoc, and a geiser of supernatural energy coming from the mine and shooting into the sky (which we saw on one of the Ghostbusters blanket designs). These cuts will have dialogue over them. It will be frantic/urgent in nature. Someone will say "Who are ya gonna call?" Then it will cut to a scene of Ernie Hudson sitting at a desk, dressed in an expensive suit, looking at a framed photo of him and the other ghostbusters. Cue the theme song. Cut to the logo.
I think it's important there's at least one shot of the OGBs for the still unaware audience to get that part of the hype train (ecto-mobile?) going, and for all those movie/fan websites that will herald that aspect in their frame-by-frame analyses. Those will get shared everywhere on social media and inform even more people out there, and set up the last, and most important phase of marketing.
To the surprise of no one, they're flaunting that it is indeed a theatrical only release.

Alphagaia, Kingpin, Sav C liked this
Jason puts it in the top 3 trailers of his movies.

Well guys, how things changes. We were literally facing the fact that we weren't getting a trailer and then - POW!!! - ANNOUNCEMENT!!!! - HOLY SITH, THIS WEEK??? - TOMORROW!!!!!!!

Great.

However, I'm expecting a bit more Ghostbusting. The first trailer introduced the new characters, now it's time for more meat. I really don't know if we'll see the original Ghostbusters. Maybe a quick glimpse.
deadderek, Sav C liked this
deadderek wrote: July 26th, 2021, 12:43 pm To the surprise of no one, they're flaunting that it is indeed a theatrical only release.

This is also something Sony put on the Venom: Let There Be Carnage and Escape Room: Tournament of Champions trailers, as well as the YouTube imagery for Don't Breathe 2, so clearly -- in case waiting the entire pandemic for this movie didn't cue anyone in -- they are 100% in on the theatrical model.

My only guess for the trailer remains that we see Winston and maybe Janine, but the rest of the OG cast remains a surprise, perhaps held completely for the film itself even whenever we get a third trailer.
deadderek, Kingpin liked this
We still had some weird illogical holdouts thinking it would get a digital release. This just confirms what the rest of us knew.
tylergfoster, Alphagaia, devilmanozzy and 1 others liked this
deadderek wrote: July 26th, 2021, 1:40 pm We still had some weird illogical holdouts thinking it would get a digital release. This just confirms what the rest of us knew.
Unfortunately, in the various comment sections I glanced at today for the announcement video, there are still plenty of people whining that they should just put it on digital now, because they're tired of waiting.
deadderek liked this
droidguy1119 wrote: July 26th, 2021, 2:12 pm I'm revising my guess. The new trailer will exclusively consist of footage of JK Simmons.
I'm just gon say the trailer has JK Simmons playing everyone, including the Mini Pufts. Mark my words!
Alphagaia liked this
deadderek wrote: July 26th, 2021, 1:40 pm We still had some weird illogical holdouts thinking it would get a digital release. This just confirms what the rest of us knew.
It's not illogical in thinking that a dual release could happen when other film's are releasing with a digital version along side them during a pandemic. One which is still ongoing.
timeware wrote:
It's not illogical in thinking that a dual release could happen when other film's are releasing with a digital version along side them during a pandemic. One which is still ongoing.
I agree. But barring some setback due to the delta variant, or some other variant for that matter, I think we get a November theatrical release and a digital release in the not too distant future.

2021 is shaping up to be the year of the comeback for me. Ghostbusters: Afterlife, Top Gun 2, and the new season of Dexter in November, and Cobra Kai season 4 in the fourth quarter.
Many of those "fans" are just hoping for a digital file of the film on their file sharing site when it releases. No dice, all they are going to find is a shaky webcam shot of it til the home releases. Tough. As for the rest of us "true" fans, we got first watches in nice theater seats. I am so going to enjoy watching it.
deadderek, pizzarat, Kingpin and 2 others liked this
devilmanozzy wrote: July 26th, 2021, 3:18 pm
Many of those "fans" are just hoping for a digital file of the film on their file sharing site when it releases. No dice, all they are going to find is a shaky webcam shot of it til the home releases. Tough. As for the rest of us "true" fans, we got first watches in nice theater seats. I am so going to enjoy watching it.
Correct.

Or if you bought the access pack you get them inst[…]

Now that we at SAGB have actually got through our […]

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal el[…]

I have not heard of this. On the Matty PKE, if the[…]