Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
Hairy Biker wrote: July 26th, 2021, 3:57 pm Do we think we will get a "Chewie, we're home" moment?

Ray: "Guys, we're home."
Venkman: "Really Ray? You need a girlfriend."
That's been speculated on since the 1st trailer hopefully.
Surely they don't want an avalanche of questions, but Ghost Corps disabled the ability to message them on Facebook.

Just an interesting note.
timeware wrote: July 26th, 2021, 2:58 pmIt's not illogical in thinking that a dual release could happen when other film's are releasing with a digital version along side them during a pandemic. One which is still ongoing.
It's not illogical in principle, but this is an area where it makes more sense to consider the business dynamics. If Sony had a streaming service (I mean a real streaming service, not Crackle), it would probably be a much different conversation.
Kingpin wrote: July 26th, 2021, 4:00 pm Joke will be on us tomorrow, it'll probably be that same clip from Mac and Me played over and over and over and overand over and over ... .... ... ...._ :angryvigo:
"Mac, we're home!"
[*kid rolls down hill in wheelchair*]
groschopf liked this
Love that new shot. I recall seeing that building while looking around the streetviews of the mine bridge. It's awesome that they worked it in there. Beautiful footage.

I really, really, really need to see footage of the Ecto-1 racing along with it's lightbars running at some point. It'd be amazing in a trailer, but such a "Superman charging out of the phone booth" moment would likely be better saved for the film.
Sav C, mrmichaelt, deadderek and 2 others liked this
Dr.D wrote: July 26th, 2021, 5:31 pm Anyway how about that new shot of the Ecto?
I'll never get bored of seeing Ecto-1 tearing about the place. 5-year-old me is happy. :)
groschopf wrote: July 26th, 2021, 5:27 pm So... what time exactly are we expecting this trailer to land in the AM? 9 Eastern?
Roughly around 9:00am Eastern/8:00am Central/6:00am Pacific/2:00pm BST based on the timers.
Sav C, groschopf, mrmichaelt and 2 others liked this
Kingpin wrote: July 26th, 2021, 5:46 pm
Dr.D wrote: July 26th, 2021, 5:31 pm Anyway how about that new shot of the Ecto?
I'll never get bored of seeing Ecto-1 tearing about the place. 5-year-old me is happy. :)
groschopf wrote: July 26th, 2021, 5:27 pm So... what time exactly are we expecting this trailer to land in the AM? 9 Eastern?
Roughly around 9:00am Eastern/8:00am Central/6:00am Pacific/2:00pm BST based on the timers.
6am pacific might actually work for me with my messed up sleep schedule
Things I think we might see:

-more Mini Pufts in a different environment
-closer look at Muncher
-the RTV in action
-kids in uniforms
-Ecto-1 (duh)

Many of the accounts putting out the trailer announcement said “Something’s Coming,” so I figure the trailer will end teasing whatever big event is on the horizon, a step above the earthquakes.
Michael Scott wrote: July 26th, 2021, 7:50 pm Things I think we might see:

-closer look at Muncher
-the RTV in action
-kids in uniforms
-Ecto-1 (duh)

Many of the accounts putting out the trailer announcement said “Something’s Coming,” so I figure the trailer will end teasing whatever big event is on the horizon, a step above the earthquakes.
One thing I hope, and really feel we won't see at all in this movie, are the kids in uniforms. That'd just be too... lame.
I had no idea there was an official Ghostbusters app, until DVC posted about it on Facebook with nice shots of the equipment. There’s also a little 3 level game where you catch ghosts with the Ecto-1, popping out of the gunner seat door and deploying the RTV. The ghosts you can catch are Mini Pufts, Muncher, and Terror Dogs.
RichRyan1507 wrote: July 26th, 2021, 8:20 pm
Michael Scott wrote: July 26th, 2021, 7:50 pm Things I think we might see:

-closer look at Muncher
-the RTV in action
-kids in uniforms
-Ecto-1 (duh)

One thing I hope, and really feel we won't see at all in this movie, are the kids in uniforms. That'd just be too... lame.
They were shown in uniforms in an Empire article earlier this year:

http://www.ghostbustershq.net/home/2021 ... -afterlife
Kingpin liked this
Who's prepared for more of the "rabble rabble pfft Stranger Things rabble rabble mini stay-pufts are ripping off baby yoda rabble rabble kids can't ghost bust rabble rabble" comments? Do you think they'll dwindle or do you think this trailer will completely dilute those first impressions left on the pessimists?
deadderek, Sav C liked this
SpaceBallz wrote: July 27th, 2021, 3:09 am Who's prepared for more of the "rabble rabble pfft Stranger Things rabble rabble mini stay-pufts are ripping off baby yoda rabble rabble kids can't ghost bust rabble rabble" comments? Do you think they'll dwindle or do you think this trailer will completely dilute those first impressions left on the pessimists?
I'm prepared to completely ignore them if that counts.
deadderek, Alphagaia, SpaceBallz and 1 others liked this
I've been passing time lately by reading our old posts in this thread. My favorite so far is from July 2020 some of us saying "oh a new trailer has to be right around the corner".

Yeah Alpha no matter what trailer gets put out people are gonna complain. Oh well.

We "got ours".
SpaceBallz wrote: July 27th, 2021, 3:09 am Who's prepared for more of the "rabble rabble pfft Stranger Things rabble rabble mini stay-pufts are ripping off baby yoda rabble rabble kids can't ghost bust rabble rabble" comments? Do you think they'll dwindle or do you think this trailer will completely dilute those first impressions left on the pessimists?
My response is: "to Hell with them". They've built up this strange justifier to not like the movie and I doubt there's much that'll shake their conviction, even though the similarities with Stranger Things are circumstantial...

If that's all they can see then they're robbing themself of something potentially really good.

They don't deserve to live rent-free in our minds/attention anymore.

I think I speak for at least a few people here that I'm sick of people complaining about this film before it's even out. We had a year or two of that with ATC... And we need to take what good we can get because the Ghostbusters 3 that was anticipated and daydreamed of for so long is never going to happen, so we should try to be optimistic about the one we are getting.
deadderek, SpaceBallz, robbritton and 1 others liked this
Hairy Biker wrote: July 26th, 2021, 3:57 pm Do we think we will get a "Chewie, we're home" moment?

Ray: "Guys, we're home."
Venkman: "Really Ray? You need a girlfriend."
Ray: I dated. Untill you guys trapped her.
Peter: She wanted you for your body, Ray. And not in the kinky way. Talk about being way to possessive.
Last edited by Alphagaia on July 27th, 2021, 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
deadderek liked this

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]