Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
groschopf wrote: July 29th, 2021, 10:37 am I think Winston's bio is suggesting he's an executive at a big company far from the firehouse... maybe even New York itself.

That jibes with the leak — man, two years ago — of what was possibly Winston's corporate calling card.
Sounds practical, considering that out of the three actors, Ernie is the most dependable. Bill is unpredictable and Dan seems to have checked out of acting for the most part.
Alphagaia liked this
There was a business card. I think, and i'm not going to go back twelve thousand posts. I said something along the lines of Winston could have started another franchise. If he and Janine are together it would make sense for them to branch out and improve on the Ghostbusting Tech.

If he started his own paranormal investigations company after Ghostbusters went dark they would make a formidable team even if they aren't married.
Alphagaia wrote: August 1st, 2021, 4:20 am Didn't someone post a spiffy business card with Z as a logo a year or so back?

Not sure if it was real, but it looked nice.

This confirmed it's for Zeddemore.
Davideverona posted about it on September 20, 2019. Jason Reitman posted it on his instagram to mark Day 50 of filming.
viewtopic.php?p=4924488#p4924488
https://www.instagram.com/p/B2qM1YGJ-U0 ... e1vy11m5lj
Alphagaia, deadderek liked this
Alphagaia wrote: August 1st, 2021, 1:58 am I believe the abandoned factory is where they first encounter Muncher.

My guess is that image is taken of the crew hurrying back to the town because the volcano they were at just blasted out all those ghosts and they need to save the townspeople.
So then would the "It has a gunner seat?" scene from trailer #1 be before all of that and munchers introduction? That happens in town and if they meet muncher for the first time in the factory and chase him into town, then that means the muncher chase scene is the second time the ecto-1 has rolled through the town with the kids inside?
Corey91 wrote: August 1st, 2021, 10:07 am
Alphagaia wrote: August 1st, 2021, 1:58 am I believe the abandoned factory is where they first encounter Muncher.

My guess is that image is taken of the crew hurrying back to the town because the volcano they were at just blasted out all those ghosts and they need to save the townspeople.
So then would the "It has a gunner seat?" scene from trailer #1 be before all of that and munchers introduction? That happens in town and if they meet muncher for the first time in the factory and chase him into town, then that means the muncher chase scene is the second time the ecto-1 has rolled through the town with the kids inside?
No. Not really.

Phoebe and Podcast practice with the stuff at the abandoned factory. Finn brought them there and they either find out about the gunners eat there or before he brings them.
Podcast en Phoebe find and chase Muncher out of the abandoned Factory.
They follow him through the city and capture him as their first bust.

Then they drive to the volcano, accidentally (?) release the ghosts and race back towards the town guns a blazing.
Last edited by Alphagaia on August 1st, 2021, 10:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Something occurred to me when looking at the Trevor action figure: The map has all of these lines shooting off of an epicenter.

https://hasbropulse.com/products/ghostb ... ife-trevor

What if the Summerville temple is the epicenter, and Shandor built several superconductive antennas all over the country?

Also, what if the scene showing Gozer climbing out of the well is a deceptive edit, and Gozer climbing out of the pit takes place in the past? Maybe in 1945, which results in the miners losing their lives?

As for Winston, maybe he owns a business that has several subsidiaries, including Ghostbusters, Inc., which is largely defunct, but is still operational for the sole purpose of keeping the Ecto-Containment System online, and keeping an eye out for potential large scale paranormal events, akin to the SETI Institute monitoring for UFOs.
Davideverona wrote: August 1st, 2021, 6:04 am It was posted by Jason Reitman on his Instagram account.

Maybe the Ghostbusters did a really good job and there wasn't a ghost sightings for 30 years and Zeddemore founded a company that deals with some little fallouts of the Ghostbusters activity.
Im hoping it's a plot point. Imagine being SO GOOD at your job, that you put yourself out of business. By defeating Gozer and Vigo, supernatural activity returns to a more "normal" level. Which before Gozer came in 84, all the boys had actually witnessed was a sponge migrating a foot and half. Hardly the type of supernatural activity that you can run a business based around.

Now for a man like Egon, and probably Ray as well, not getting paid isn't going to stop them from doing research. Hence why Egon went to Summerville to begin with. But for Peter and Winston? They need that money, so I imagine they are pretty removed from the "loop." Which as others have theorized, I believe Ray DOES know what happened to Egon, and maybe he has guilt? Perhaps that's why Ecto-1 was there, Ray was broken hearted. That's the ONLY plausible solution why Ray would give up on Ecto like that. He LOVES that car.
Janine's presence makes it beyond likely that the others knew Egon was in Summerville. The question is, why wasn't Ray there with him? Or was he at some point, left, and went back to Ray's Occult in NYC? Jason said that a theme of this new film will be "forgiveness", so is it possible that Ray and Egon had a falling out, while Venkman and Zeddemore forgot about him while they went into their new endeavors? Inquiring minds want to know, need to know, in fact.
deadderek liked this
Alphagaia wrote: August 1st, 2021, 11:13 am My guess is they all knew about the trouble brewing, sealed it somehow and Egon stayed there to keep tabs on it, should things escalate. That's why all their stuff is there. Easy access.
That's a really good theory. I would love to see some flashback footage of that or other allusions to them together for the last time.
The more I think about it, maybe we will get some flashback footage or at least a description of the last time the OGB were together as a unit. It would make for really interesting exposition and satiate one of the things we always wanted in a third film.
I remember there being footage of Winston in a nice suit entering some kind of office building.

Perhaps they'll use this for something about his backstory.

Doubt the business will be GB related though, seeing how there is a 30 year long ghost draught and it's very much implied he is still in business.
RedSpecial liked this
Alphagaia wrote: August 1st, 2021, 1:41 pm I remember there being footage of Winston in a nice suit entering some kind of office building.

Perhaps they'll use this for something about his backstory.

Doubt the business will be GB related though, seeing how there is a 30 year long ghost draught and it's very much implied he is still in business.
It'd be funny if Winston was also a motivational speaker and got paid to give speeches about team-work and determination using anecdotes from his Ghostbusting days. I'd pay big bucks to see that!
Happy to see the figured with older Peter Ray and Winston.

So the leaks were true. There seemed to be two leaks.

One from a test screening and another from someone doing vfx work early this year. If that's true, it must be true about Janine and Winston. I wonder how they'll show that backstory since they barely interact in the previous GB movies.

Gozer:
I love that they're bringing Gozer back. There's a chance Shandor had known this was the form Gozer would pick when it encountered the Ghostbusters.

Seeing Gozers arm reach up from the pit is both a great confirmation but a little lackluster compared to Gozer walking through those pyramid doors.

The original display of the temple and Gozers eerie dreamlike entrance is quite a spectacle thatll be hard to match.

Working in the industry myself, I really keep thinking deep about the casting process. Imagine getting a call back saying "You've got an audition for the role of Gozer in the new Ghostbusters."
pizzarat, deadderek liked this
BustinGhosts1986 wrote: August 1st, 2021, 2:42 pm Happy to see the figured with older Peter Ray and Winston.

So the leaks were true. There seemed to be two leaks.

One from a test screening and another from someone doing vfx work early this year. If that's true, it must be true about Janine and Winston. I wonder how they'll show that backstory since they barely interact in the previous GB movies.

Gozer:
I love that they're bringing Gozer back. There's a chance Shandor had known this was the form Gozer would pick when it encountered the Ghostbusters.

Seeing Gozers arm reach up from the pit is both a great confirmation but a little lackluster compared to Gozer walking through those pyramid doors.

The original display of the temple and Gozers eerie dreamlike entrance is quite a spectacle thatll be hard to match.

Working in the industry myself, I really keep thinking deep about the casting process. Imagine getting a call back saying "You've got an audition for the role of Gozer in the new Ghostbusters."
As unexpected as it is, it does appear that leak(s) were true, or mostly true. It it odd though that the leaks were never able to produce any of the characters' names though.
deadderek liked this
BustinGhosts1986 wrote: August 1st, 2021, 2:42 pmSo the leaks were true. There seemed to be two leaks.
I think we need to employ a lot of care in giving credibility to people who may've just been lucky guessers.

Aside from anything else there've been a few fan projects over the years which've featured grey-haired Ghostbusters.
pizzarat wrote: August 1st, 2021, 3:10 pmIt it odd though that the leaks were never able to produce any of the characters' names though.
It's not all that odd when considered they may not've known anything... Or if they did know something, they sprinkled it in amongst a bunch of made up garbage to make them look more impressive.
deadderek, Alphagaia liked this
Kingpin wrote: August 1st, 2021, 3:16 pmIt's not all that odd when considered they may not've known anything... Or if they did know something, they sprinkled it in amongst a bunch of made up garbage to make them look more impressive.
The only thing I can think of is that fake leakers want attention, even though it seems like that won't last very long (well, unless there's a global pandemic delaying the release of the movie for more than a year).

In any case, it seems pretty clear that every "leak" used whatever material was available at the time and extrapolated from it. As we've established, the Zeddemore business card was on Jason's Instagram and thus publicly available information. I'm still firmly operating under the belief that they were all nonsense, because, again, just to choose one example, you would have to try, you would have to put explicit effort, into having seen the movie and writing up a summary that doesn't reference or mention that Logan Kim's character is named Podcast, because he has a podcast. That would almost certainly be the primary description of the character, the short summary of who he is.

It's not even that they don't mention their names either -- most of the leaks I saw did not even explain their part in the story beyond the most basic details, like them being classmates. The same with the OGBs, who just [hand waving dismissively] show up for the finale.

And with the new trailer we can add another one: not one single person thought it was cool enough to mention that Ray's Occult Books returns? Yeah, right.
robbritton, deadderek, Kingpin and 1 others liked this
I have a feeling the entire film is going to reflect the fandom in general.

This AMAZING thing was created known as Ghostbusters, and really took the world by storm, at least it did to us kids of the 80's. It had a sequel, it was fun, had its moments, but didn't have the magic of first. GB2 should have been the high point for the franchise, it instead, marked the beginning of the decline. By 1991, Ghostbusters was already and old bag.

As the 90's rolled along the franchise just became more and more forgotten. It's been a pretty niche fandom over the years, if you think about it. All the false hope of a GB3 over the years didn't help matters. I'm not going to start a fight over the 2016 movie, but the controversy HAS to be considered a black eye for the franchise.

Add to all of that the passing of Harold Ramis, then YES the GB franchise is kinda in the same position as the Wrecto, this amazing thing that just needs a little understanding, and TLC. So I feel that the Ghostbusters journey that they have been on from 1989 until now, might echo that a bit. Which will only help bring the weight to the story.

Having said that, I don't think it's going to be super depressing, it'll have laughs as well. My gut instinct is Bill Murray brought it as Dr. Peter Venkman one final time. He might not be the star, but he might steal every scene he is in (like Rick Moranis did in the OG). Plus Paul Rudd will make a fun Vinz, he will add some humor as well. The mini pufts will also cause some laughs I'm sure.

My overall expectations are; it's going to be a fun, heartwarming, Ghostbusters adventure. The 2nd best film in the series, and I feel strongly that it will be.
BatDan, RedSpecial, Kingpin liked this
My thoughts on the leaks that I've heard, do seem credible at first glance, but like others have said, doesn't make them real. Based upon the original trailer, toy info, etc it wouldn't be too hard to create a solid Afterlife story premise imo. When I saw the first trailer, and heard a terror dog, I knew Gozer was involved. How else would terror dogs return? Or at least I hoped it would be Gozer (other wise it would be cheap).

Plus we know a Shandor mine is involved, wouldn't be hard to figure out something. The back of the action figure is the first I've heard that Peter is a teacher again, so that doesn't give cred to the leak I heard. I heard he was late night host or something similar.
BatDan, tylergfoster liked this
I don't see how it's so hard to believe these leaks. Leaks like this happen all the time.

A lot of these details match up a little too perfectly .

It's not unusual epecially when the person leaking works in VFX. Sony, WB, Marvel, and DCEU don't just have their own VFX artists. Most of the time VFX work is contracted to different VFX Artists from different post production houses all over the world.

One friend of mine told me very casually one day, how hes working on a tricky VFX commercial featuring Slimer. I was super excited to hear it and he didn't get why. He didn't know how much I loved ghostbusters.

I asked him if he was a ghostbusters fan and he said "Sort of, but Slimer just looks like hard work for me right now." I was still very jealous he was working on anything Ghostbusters.

Getting back to the leaks, there's nothing wrong with believing in them or agreeing with them. I don't see how that affects us.

There were some specific details about the mine that match up. Like the shrine for Gozer is pretty specific. The mini stay puft men are specific. Paul Rudd's character and Phoebe's mom Callie being the gatekeeper and keymaster is a specific detail. Trailer hints at their chemistry. Also mentioning Shandor being played by JJ Simmons is very specific, although not shown in the trailer.

Also both leaks seem to back the same details.
Hmm.

So I don’t know if anyone has mentioned this but there’s a couple slightly troubling portends about the release schedule staying the way it is.

One big one is Clifford the Big Red Dog was moved to a later date due to the surge in Delta variant.

Another kinda troubling one? Venom 2. The trailer came out today and didn’t have a release date. It said “Coming this FALL”. It’s suppose to come out next month I think. Venom 2 is Sony so we’ll maybe keep an eye on that one. Sept 15th is the release date right now.

Also, and please guys & gals don’t make this about politics, but Dr. Fauci is predicting that things are going to get worse due to the Delta Variant.
BustinGhosts1986 wrote: August 2nd, 2021, 1:11 amA lot of these details match up a little too perfectly .

There were some specific details about the mine that match up. Like the shrine for Gozer is pretty specific. The mini stay puft men are specific. Paul Rudd's character and Phoebe's mom Callie being the gatekeeper and keymaster is a specific detail. Trailer hints at their chemistry. Also mentioning Shandor being played by JJ Simmons is very specific, although not shown in the trailer.
Gozer had a shrine in the original. The miniature Stay-Pufts leaked as an individual rumor during production. We absolutely do not know Callie and Grooberson are the Gatekeeper and Keymaster, or in fact whether or not this movie has those at all -- all we know is that there are Terror Dogs, one of which walks now (not mentioned in the leaks), which in and of itself suggests Jason is doing things a little differently.

I'm also not sure at all why it would be meaningful if an unconfirmed leak said something specific that...still isn't confirmed to be true on any level. One of these leaks said they teleport to the firehouse at the climax. Unless it actually happens in the movie, then it's just like I said: an educated guess for attention. In this case, "the big bad shows up in the finale," "played by a guy who's been in all but one of Jason Reitman's movies." Not a very complicated guess.
RichardLess wrote: August 2nd, 2021, 10:32 amClifford the Big Red Dog was moved to a later date due to the surge in Delta variant.

Another kinda troubling one? Venom 2. The trailer came out today and didn’t have a release date. It said “Coming this FALL”. It’s suppose to come out next month I think. Venom 2 is Sony so we’ll maybe keep an eye on that one. Sept 15th is the release date right now.

Also, and please guys & gals don’t make this about politics, but Dr. Fauci is predicting that things are going to get worse due to the Delta Variant.
I am a bit nervous about this too, although we'll see what happens. It sounds like those who are fully vaccinated are still helping to significantly slow the spread of the Delta variant, so if the majority of the population does get vaccinated, it won't be like 2020, at least.
Kingpin, groschopf liked this

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]