Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
Want: more Winston—Winston to be the “aging has been hero” that no one remembers, but is the first to interact and train the kids.

Ernies did a recent interview when he says “winston will be a complete character” in Afterlife..i hope that holds true.

I hope Jason wrote a good part for Ernie because the man deserves it. Hes a hard workin underrated character actor.

So im hoping that this would be a Winston centric story at least in a Supporting Character sense to the main kid Gbs..theyre official mentor until the other 2 show up to help.

The two trailers showed us alot of the same scenes just more expanded on. Wolfhard mention theres so much missing from the first trailer. So i do hope at the very least Winston will be the “Mick” to their “rockys” and be the link between the kids and the other ogs.

Dont want: a 1 minute cameo that plays out like: “hey remember the original ghostbusters movie?..remember the legendary cast? Here they are!” Okay and cut: never see them again through the rest of the movie….kinda like how another movie handled them.
Threadender, Kingpin liked this
BatDan wrote:Want: more Winston—Winston to be the “aging has been hero” that no one remembers, but is the first to interact and train the kids.

Ernies did a recent interview when he says “winston will be a complete character” in Afterlife..i hope that holds true.

I hope Jason wrote a good part for Ernie because the man deserves it. Hes a hard workin underrated character actor.

So im hoping that this would be a Winston centric story at least in a Supporting Character sense to the main kid Gbs..theyre official mentor until the other 2 show up to help.

The two trailers showed us alot of the same scenes just more expanded on. Wolfhard mention theres so much missing from the first trailer. So i do hope at the very least Winston will be the “Mick” to their “rockys” and be the link between the kids and the other ogs.

Dont want: a 1 minute cameo that plays out like: “hey remember the original ghostbusters movie?..remember the legendary cast? Here they are!” Okay and cut: never see them again through the rest of the movie….kinda like how another movie handled them.
I completely agree with this! I feel he should definitely get a bigger role in this. The last two films had him fire a proton stream 2 - 3 times. I just want to see a live-action Winston really get down with the proton pack.

Wants: Definitely, a variety in ghost, which thankfully the second trailer showed. One of my issues with ATC was that all the human ghosts looked the same, in general, and I would love to see not only translucent-like spirits but zombies or monstrous human ghosts as well.

Don't Want: Everyone and their mom having a comedic bit. Like, not everyone has to be funny. We should see a variety of people who do not believe in ghosts, each with their own view.
So, I'm thinking if bringing in Rick Moranis as a later reshoot happened, they could film him doing a YouTube ad for his accounting firm. The kids could see it while they're watching the Ghostbusters clips. At least it would get him in the movie. :vinzclortho:

I would love to see Paul Reubens as Ivo Shandor's ghost. That would separate the REAL GB fans from the crowd when you see who reacts on opening night to that reveal.

I'm thinking that since Egon figures so strongly in the beginning of the movie, they have to find a way for him not to be forgotten by the end. So his ghost might be involved in some way. Either helping the good guys from beyond somehow (sending messages through the lamps and lights?), being turned evil by an Ivo Shandor spell and needing to be rescued himself, or just neutrally making some kind of cameo.

Obviously I want a lot of the OGBs. I read that Marlon Brando shot 13 days on Superman and this resulted in 20 minutes of footage of him in the first movie, and then however much we finally saw in the Donner Cut of part 2 (maybe 10 more minutes?). I thought it sounded like the OGBs filmed for about a week on Afterlife. So I'm guessing we're looking at about 15 minutes with them, probably most of it shared screen time. I hope they make the most of it.
I think well get at least a solid half hour or so of runtime for the OGs spread throughout the film coming full circle in the third act…hopefully.

What I don’t want is to be cheated and have their runtime be some 4 minute prologue.. And the rest of the movie is the new characters…but i dont think thatll be the case considering some of the clues weve got the past couple weeks.
RedSpecial liked this
Yeah, that wouldn't be good. I don't look at spoilers so anything I say is pure speculation. I'm guessing we wouldn't want to see them busting anything at the beginning because it would take away from the "discovery" aspect of the movie. It'll make it easier to go along with the kids who discover the equipment if we're not reminded of everything it does upfront. I'm also thinking because they're trying to keep the budget low on this, they probably aren't going to write in a de-aged scene for the OGBs, which would be the kind of scene I'd expect if there were a prologue.

My biggest puzzle is how Dana would be worked into the movie. I almost think she'll have to be married to Peter. We might see her when he's contacted at their home. If there's a reason for her to tag along with the GBs to this small town, I don't know. I'm assuming as a default the OGBs will go there to help out the kids. If she's not married to Bill, or another GB if they decide to pull a twist there, then I don't see what's the motivation or connection to bring her into this story. Unless they say she has some psychic connection to Gozer based on being possessed. Then you'd have to explain why Louis isn't brought in though. Unless he is also brought in for that reason. But it just seems like Rick was not seen in Canada filming when the others were, so that's why I'm thinking his best shot to appear is a separate cameo like a funny YouTube ad for his accounting firm.

I'm using the Brando in Superman comparison because they made it a top priority to film his scenes as fast as possible, all back-to-back. Most of his scenes were straight dialogue, but some of them did take place on big sets that would've slowed things down a bit getting them ready. So it's probably a good comparison to what happened on GBA. At least Murray they would've wanted to shoot fast. Aykroyd or Hudson would've certainly come back to shoot more later without Murray if it was needed. Brando apparently shot 13 days, but one was a day to make up for a day he was sick. It sounds like they got 35 minutes of Brando that eventually ended up in the films in 12 days. Of course he was shooting with other people, but it's reasonable to assume that zero scenes without Brando were shot while he was on set.

The entire GBA shoot took 68 days apparently. Vanity Fair said the 5 known returning cast members were there "over the span of a week." I don't know if it's been ruled out that some of them also shot on other days though. But if not, my Brando math says there would be 20 minutes of footage in the movie that contains one or all of the five returning actors. Comparing the 7 days shot against the total 68 days would be less generous, amounting to 12 minutes in a 2-hour movie. But it's reasonable to assume they shot more efficiently with the OGBs, and all the set and effects preparation for their scenes would've been done before they showed up.
BatDan liked this
Also take into account with digital film and digital staging, things can get shot way faster, especially when you have masters of improv like Bill and Dan in front of the camera.

That being said..and i said this before..i have a hunch that they may be in it more than were led on..i may be reading too much into it..

..But the author of the article has a disclaimer about “spoilers” in one paragraph and then goes onto reveal things about the “week or so” shoot.

I do think that maybe (just maybe) they just told the journalist to say that time frame ( a week ) in the article as a means to throw things in a loop to keep things wound tight.

A week just sounds like very short time to shoot and fit and stuff all 5 of those characters ( i assume) into story beats and as well as the finale (if the toy leaks lead to a full fledged suit up in the 3rd act) …unless their “shots” were done during that weeks time and the rest of those scenes were shot later.

Or maybe only Bill was on set for a week (and the author just generalized) And the other OGs have “slightly larger” roles throughout and “he's” the big hook towards the end.

Of course, the hunch is wishful thinking as deep down i want this film to as much a “ghostbusters 3” as much as possible. But who knows, well never know until November.
No "toy leaks" on this one. The official Hasbro accounts have even shown off the new figures of the guys.

Obviously they wouldn't do that without permission.
Something to ponder: Does the "week" we've heard about cover both the filming in Drumheller, Fort Macleod etc, and the soundstage stuff featuring the mine and duplicate house set... Or does the week only refer to the town location filming? Because if it's the latter, they may've spent more time on the closed sets than we've been told about.
deadderek, Davideverona, BatDan and 2 others liked this
Do Want: (absurdly) a reference to some kind of IDW story/plot point/device, which would then be an acknowledgement of the video game, the comics, & ATC being cannon.

Don't Want: Haters and trolls to crap on the film because its all they're capable of doing with anything in life.
Alphagaia liked this
JediJones wrote: August 5th, 2021, 1:49 pmI would love to see Paul Reubens as Ivo Shandor's ghost. That would separate the REAL GB fans from the crowd when you see who reacts on opening night to that reveal.
:roll:

I would basically like...the opposite of anything that tries to divide new fans from the old fans. I'm an old fan, and I welcome new fans with open arms.

I'm also personally hoping we don't get Rick, because I don't think we need to be cramming people in just because they were in the original movies (no matter how beloved they are)...plus, there seems to be a subset of people who would view it as Moranis making a conscious decision to have rejected the 2016 movie and chosen this one, which I could definitely do without.
robbritton liked this
droidguy1119 wrote: August 12th, 2021, 1:26 pm
JediJones wrote: August 5th, 2021, 1:49 pmI would love to see Paul Reubens as Ivo Shandor's ghost. That would separate the REAL GB fans from the crowd when you see who reacts on opening night to that reveal.
:roll:

I would basically like...the opposite of anything that tries to divide new fans from the old fans. I'm an old fan, and I welcome new fans with open arms.

I'm also personally hoping we don't get Rick, because I don't think we need to be cramming people in just because they were in the original movies (no matter how beloved they are)...plus, there seems to be a subset of people who would view it as Moranis making a conscious decision to have rejected the 2016 movie and chosen this one, which I could definitely do without.
Yeah. I don’t think this movie need any main or supporting character in it *just* to have them in it. As a fan? I want to see the guys dressed up. But..it’s enough for me knowing this takes place in the world where our old GBs existed. I just don’t want anything shoehorned in. I’m fine with my last glimpse of Louis Tully thinking he defeated the wall of slime all by himself. That’s a nice little send off for him.

Honestly? Just by the last trailer they’ve already shown a good reason for Annie Potts being in it. That’s one down. And i was worried about her. “Why would she still be involved?” And boom. We get a great, kinda sad but sweet answer. I can only hope the other Gb’s get that.

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]