Ghostguy66 wrote: July 11th, 2021, 8:20 am I’m loving the bumper, it’s a great piece, but I’m starting to wonder about how long it’s going to take to get the shell. From what I’ve seen, not many people have been announcing they’ve gotten theirs, outside of a couple of YouTubers and a few lucky folks on FB. Has anyone actually gotten it yet to talk about it? Now we’ve got the legacy pack coming soon, which I don’t really want, but will only add to the waiting process if they are now offering two different versions.
I received my shell a couple months back, but I also had a 30-something spot on the waitlist. My bumper should be arriving tomorrow as well.
Oh, dear, I’m well into the 100’s on the waitlist. Looks like I’ll be waiting a long time. I guess it’s not so bad if it’s a high quality piece. I hope I can have it built by 2022.
How is the shell?
Ghostguy66 wrote: July 11th, 2021, 4:07 pm Oh, dear, I’m well into the 100’s on the waitlist. Looks like I’ll be waiting a long time. I guess it’s not so bad if it’s a high quality piece. I hope I can have it built by 2022.
How is the shell?
It's solid. A great idealized version, as others have said. I don't have too much else to add. The finish on the inside is a nice touch. Curious to see when the mobo is released, or open for order.
Mack's put out the call for reference photos/measurements of vintage Legris elbows last week, looks like they're working with a plastics manufacturer but trying to work out whether some of the "defects" are how they were originally or if they're a byproduct of their age.

That's a really good sign, I may have to buy a set for my 3D printed pack (depending on cost).
deadderek, Kingpin liked this
Whoohoo!!! I'm number 956 out of 956!
While the quality looks great I seriously hope we don't have to wait another year but that kinda seems like the direction things are going in. I have a back up plan/ pack, but the Mack's version looks so much cleaner than the one I bought two years ago.
Doctor Disney wrote: August 17th, 2021, 12:13 pm While the quality looks great I seriously hope we don't have to wait another year but that kinda seems like the direction things are going in.
Yeah, that's going to be a multi-year wait.

Edit: Sorry -- that comes across more negatively than I wished. I'm just disappointed in the really slow rollout... but happy to be on the list and looking forward to eventually building a Mack Pack.
By CaptainTripps
Total noob here, but wanting to build my first pack and love the idea of the Mack build. Especially since it is being billed as somewhat easier for people like me who are not as handy...my question is, is there any kind of ballpark on the finished price? I share the same concerns as other users here in terms of the timeline being unknown, but I am also curious if this is going to cost $4k when it's finished. Really hard to commit to something when you have no idea what the final price will be. Thanks, gang. Looking forward to participating in the community going forward.
By tobycj
CaptainTripps wrote: September 13th, 2021, 5:02 pm Total noob here, but wanting to build my first pack and love the idea of the Mack build. Especially since it is being billed as somewhat easier for people like me who are not as handy...my question is, is there any kind of ballpark on the finished price? I share the same concerns as other users here in terms of the timeline being unknown, but I am also curious if this is going to cost $4k when it's finished. Really hard to commit to something when you have no idea what the final price will be. Thanks, gang. Looking forward to participating in the community going forward.
Short answer, no. Many of the parts haven't been manufactured yet, so unless Arron or Ron (who run Mack's) chip in, anyone else would be guessing as to the final price.
By Ghostguy66
CaptainTripps wrote: September 13th, 2021, 5:02 pm Total noob here, but wanting to build my first pack and love the idea of the Mack build. Especially since it is being billed as somewhat easier for people like me who are not as handy...my question is, is there any kind of ballpark on the finished price? I share the same concerns as other users here in terms of the timeline being unknown, but I am also curious if this is going to cost $4k when it's finished. Really hard to commit to something when you have no idea what the final price will be. Thanks, gang. Looking forward to participating in the community going forward.
No idea on final price, either, but given how slow the rollout has been (glacier slow), it’s so spread out that it almost seems doable. I used to joke that I’d maybe have a fully pack by the 40th anniversary, but it’s not so funny anymore. It might actually take that long.
CaptainTripps liked this
By SpiderFan2k3
I wouldn't worry about how long it takes. I'm currently #1000 of 1000 on the waiting list. But I know how Aaron works. I've personally spoken with someone who has worked both the bumper and the booster frame, and it has to be perfect. Dozens of molds and inspections and records. I know that they were having a huge issue with the company that was making the shells which resulted in deformities and poor products that were not up to standards. So they found someone else. Once they're set up, parts will start flying out.

Keep in mind, the folks Mack's Factory were given the license because they accepted nothing less than perfect. This is a huge undertaking for us fans BY fans. Check out and follow their Facebook page; Aaron is great about updating status of projects.
gchew, Jimsy33, kahuna900 liked this
Go on Facebook to their page or to the Mack’s Factory Proton Pack build group and ask there. You stand a better chance of getting a reply from Arron Mack there. Not guaranteed, but he usually answers if you tag his name in your question.
mrmichaelt liked this
By kahuna900
Added the two new items:

Still waiting for my shell at #86... Missed out on the Synchronous Motor Mount (Bumper) and I'm anxiously awaiting its return.
Jimsy33, Ghostguy66, ccv66 liked this
By Ghostguy66
kahuna900 wrote: October 12th, 2021, 11:28 am Added the two new items:

Still waiting for my shell at #86... Missed out on the Synchronous Motor Mount (Bumper) and I'm anxiously awaiting its return.
I ordered the idealized one since all my other parts are also idealized and the shell I’m on the list for is, too. The bellows is supposed to be available next month.
By ccv66
Man they haven't fulfilled #86 yet, I'm in the 400's. Hard to be too mad being on the waiting list, when they haven't taking my money. I'll probably cancel that anyways, after seeing their legacy stuff . If I didn't get the anovos kit, I'd get both.

Sony, on having fans hear a million different opin[…]

Those look great, thanks! Can't tell if the packs […]

Amazon moved the release date from August 1 to Oct[…]

Looks amazing! I just got my Spirit pack. Is the[…]