By l3w1sb159
It's time... for the splooge post.

So after 11 months and roughly £1800 later, it's done. Quite the learning curve and a few frustrating moments but I've enjoyed every minute of making my childhood dream a reality. I've definitely caught the prop building bug and ill be starting other projects in the near future, and use what I've learned from my first ever build of a prop to good use!

Also a massive thanks to BenofKent, Throwingchicken, tobycj, RedSpecial, RJ from Freekygeeky and all the guys on GBfans who helped me along the way with my build. Couldn't have done it without you guys.

Now it's just a case of finding any and all opportunities to suit up and make the most of my pack!

Now for the obligatory pics to show off...

RedSpecial, tobycj, JWils23 and 2 others liked this
By RedSpecial
Fantastic work, man.
That's a pack to be proud of!

So tell us, how did it feel to throw it on for the first time after you finished it?
By l3w1sb159
Thanks, it might not be perfect, but it's mine.

And it felt heavy.....

... And fantastic!
The only thing that could make it better is when I finally get to fully suit up for Halloween. Ive been working on my uniform off and on and I'm very much looking forward to it, and hopefully go to some cons in the UK at some point. Any chance to suit up and wear the pack I will be jumping at.
By JWils23
They’re certainly heavy, now you know why Venkman hated that part of the business :lol:

Congrats on a beautiful build, I’m sure you’ll have fun with it and take what you’ve learned to building whatever comes next!
By JWils23
It might get heavier! Mine has all aluminum parts and weighs right about 30lbs (13.6kg) but I’m also running two speakers which might be that extra weight.
By tobycj
Mine is aluminium rather than resin parts apart from the wand body, and one 6.5" speaker, and weighs just shy of 30lbs, so about 13kg-ish!
By l3w1sb159
Ah well nevermind. Still going to go for the full metal build though, it will be nice having all the parts drilled and tapped ready to bolt straight on, not having to worry about drilling and tapping into resin without it cracking. Plus it will be easier when it comes to painting. Im thinking of doing an idealised GB1 superhero pack, make it a bit more comfortable that the original.

Better do some workout to strengthen the core!
tobycj liked this
By l3w1sb159
Just a little update,
Been tinkering with the pack making small changes here and there; one of which was trying to get the powercell light to look closer to how it looks in the movie.
From the other thread I made asking on the best way to do this, I went with enderweggens idea of using wax paper on the inside of the lens.

I cut several strips to size and glued them together.

Once it was dry, I then glued them onto the inside of the powercell lense. Left it an hour or so, and it's gone from looking like this:

To this:

Looks more similar to the afterlife pack powercell light, which I'm not opposed to. :cool:
By gerv
Looks a great build, just wondering about the wand front grip and why theres so much of the bolt exposed? The grip looks misshapen almost as normally they're snug against the wand "eass" near the barrel.
By l3w1sb159
Ah yes, both grips have different shaped sides: one side is more squared off and flat (the rear side of that front grip) and the other end has a more pronounced curve which stops it from meeting the ear on the front. It did bug me a bit how noticeable that bolt was, but I thought, hey the packs from the films were a bit rough around the edges too!
By l3w1sb159
Thought I'd share the upgrades I've done to my pack since, to turn it into the Afterlife version.

Its not 100%, as it doesnt have the switches under the ion arm or crank gen which proves difficult being resin parts. I also havent got the neutrik connectors on the thrower as I would have to tear it all apart to try to retrofit and thats too much ballache for me to tackle :D

Nighty80, jonogunn liked this
By l3w1sb159
Thats on the list, just waiting for AJ as I'm sure I heard he is in the process of sorting out an led ring that can plug and play with the gbfans kit.
jonogunn liked this

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]