Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
groschopf wrote: October 18th, 2021, 11:12 am Hey, weird observation...
This Post Contains Spoilers
Nope...
groschopf wrote: October 18th, 2021, 11:25 am
Christian Hodkinson wrote: October 18th, 2021, 11:23 am Looks to me
Looks like you're right. Could be a nice nod to the montage in the first film :)
I did think that myself. But thought it may be a bit of an obscure reference tho. Would be good it that’s the case tho.
groschopf liked this
I'm a fan of the style of the most recent poster, You don't have those weird head angles that some posters have. it reminds me alot of the IMAX version of the Answer the Call poster. Which was admittedly pretty solid

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=htt ... AdAAAAABAD
groschopf, Sav C liked this
groschopf wrote: October 18th, 2021, 11:23 am
supremeadmiral wrote: October 18th, 2021, 11:16 am
Nope...
That sure looks like
Might be. I'm going off info from someone who saw the movie though.
Saw the third trailer.
Wafflerobot, deadderek liked this
groschopf wrote: October 18th, 2021, 8:00 amAHHHHHHHHHHH
AHHHHHHHHHHH!:-D

I know I said trailer 3/the international trailer revealed too much, and I stand by that remark... But having now seen it in its definitive resolution instead of a crappy cell phone, I'm f****g pumped for this movie!!
gbraider82 wrote: October 18th, 2021, 10:52 am Still trying to find a way to get a copy of any of the posters other than the first one that was released two years ago.

Any ideas? I have seen a few on Ebay. I don´t understand why they are so hard to find.
I figure that there's not actually been an official release of them yet, which is the cause for their scarcity. I'd wager that while there may've been a handful of real ones that might've leaked onto eBay, most of them are unofficial prints that've been made using the high-res artwork that's popped up online over the past two years.
*NormalGamer* wrote: October 18th, 2021, 12:17 pm
I don't see the
Anyone spy
*NormalGamer*, Sav C, BatDan and 4 others liked this
Kingpin wrote: October 18th, 2021, 5:08 pm
*NormalGamer* wrote: October 18th, 2021, 12:17 pm
I don't see the
That makes sense. Still excited, though, to see how this unfolds. We haven't gotten this much GB lore in a long time; at least for the movie canon, anyway.
Last edited by *NormalGamer* on October 18th, 2021, 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kingpin liked this
Bison256 wrote: October 17th, 2021, 5:43 amNow that's not to say only fans can review a movie. But call me old fashioned, but if you're going to review something you need to keep in mind what the general audience enjoys. Not what you the critic enjoy. That includes not injecting your politics into everything.
I'm not going to go on and on about it, but again, that is literally the opposite of what the critic's job is. A critic's job is to present an opinion based on their own perspective, and even if any inclinations -- politics, personal bias, etc. -- wasn't in the text of the review, it would still go into the opinions. If you saw a movie that diverged from your own politics, even if you liked the movie regardless, even if you didn't mention politics when you discussed your opinion, it would still be something that exists in your brain and impacts how you view the movie.
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: October 18th, 2021, 8:24 am New poster?

This is the one I'd like on my wall.
groschopf liked this
metallijosh wrote: October 18th, 2021, 5:58 pm Wait, which version are you watching
The version put out by the Sony Pictures Youtube channel.

To help clear up which bit, it's right after the streak of spectral energy shoots out of the mine lift shaft, scaring the kids.
Kingpin wrote: October 18th, 2021, 6:14 pm
metallijosh wrote: October 18th, 2021, 5:58 pm Wait, which version are you watching

To help clear up which bit, it's right after the streak of spectral energy shoots out of the mine lift shaft, scaring the kids.
Oh, I found it at 0:54. You must be on metric time, hahaha!
Davideverona wrote: October 18th, 2021, 8:16 am I loved listening to this wonderful rendition of the Ghostbusters theme.

Also
It is. 100% I can confirm.
groschopf liked this
A few points up for discussion if any one wants to partake, first point is a spoiler:
2. The more I see the trailers, the more I am glad that Jason decided to use the 1984 movie as the source, as the "lore". I love GB2 and always will. However, in hindsight, setting up Shandor/Gozer as the GBs arch-nemesis, is kind of cool. It doesn't come off as "memberberries" or unoriginal to me. How many superheroes or crime-fighting teams have a single arch-nemesis? Star Wars made 9 films with Palpatine as the big bad. Superman has Lex Luthor, The X-Men are always up against Magneto and his cronies, so why can't the GB universe be set up with Shandor/Gozer as the ultimate big-bad?

3. Is anyone kind of hoping that the OGs aren't the same men last seen from GB2? I'm kind of hoping, especially from the part of Bill Murray, that Jason Reitman tapped into Murray's acting chops to get a deeper Venkman from him. Maybe applying a parallel to his relationship with Harold Ramis over the years? Please, don't spoil that for me!

Anyway, today is a good day.
Only 30 days to go!
groschopf, Kingpin liked this
metallijosh wrote: October 18th, 2021, 6:22 pm
Kingpin wrote: October 18th, 2021, 6:14 pm

Oh, I found it at 0:54. You must be on metric time, hahaha!
What is it you guys are seeing? I've been trying to figure out that shot since 7 this morning!
Kingpin wrote: October 18th, 2021, 5:08 pm But having now seen it in its definitive resolution instead of a crappy cell phone, I'm f****g pumped for this movie!!
Soooooo very same. I've been trying to moderate my enthusiasm during this whole pandemic. But oh my god, this looks so good.
Kingpin wrote: October 18th, 2021, 5:08 pm
Anyone spy
I suspect that's
Kingpin liked this
gbraider82 wrote: October 18th, 2021, 10:52 am Still trying to find a way to get a copy of any of the posters other than the first one that was released two years ago.
Message me.
gbraider82 liked this
Ectojeff88 wrote: October 18th, 2021, 8:49 pm Soundtrack, Score, and Novelization announcements soon please Sony!!!!
Spook Central asked Eric about books and the only Afterlife book coming out is the Art and Making of one. Score is already confirmed to be coming. Just the soundtrack is an unknown.

EDIT: Hasbro Pulse Con may be showing a new clip. The Ghostbusters segment of the con is on October 22 at 12 pm Eastern and runs for half and hour.
https://twitter.com/HasbroPulse/status/ ... 5106185217

On the Terror Dogs in the trailer, correct me if I'm wrong:
deadderek, Kingpin liked this
Has anyone asked Eric about any fast food tie in's for the states yet? I would assume that were getting little Ceasers promotions but i'm more interested in knowing if Mcdonald's or Burger King are going to getting exclusive merch. Any word on when they will start airing TV ads? That stuff should already be happening.
pizzarat liked this

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]