Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By zeta otaku
jonogunn wrote: October 24th, 2021, 7:45 pm
zeta otaku wrote: October 24th, 2021, 8:42 am

Fair point and I apologize for that.

A thought dawned on me though: is it possible the pack may come with a new insert that replaces the battery plug in the handle? Like some kind of interface that could, in fact, connect the pack and thrower functions?
that would be the only way as there's no way they would make consumers open up their product and do internal tinkering.

That said if it doesn't interact with the wand then they must have came up with this idea after producing the wand
Oh, without a DOUBT this was made and conceived after the thrower. Sadly I found out there's NO WAY that the thrower can just have a plug in device aside from connecting to a power source in the proton pack. We're going to have to leave any kind of connecting function to our resident mad scientists to whip something up.
By mrmichaelt
jonogunn wrote: October 24th, 2021, 7:45 pm That said if it doesn't interact with the wand then they must have came up with this idea after producing the wand
I don't think Hasbro went to the Canadian set just to measure and scan the Spengler thrower when they could have also done the pack... and the P.K.E. Meter, RTV, and Ecto Googles...
JamesB922 liked this
By VenomSymbiote
If the pack just has the normal cyclotron light cycle and the power cell I really won't mind. It'd be cooler if it could synch up with the wand but the wand is cool enough as is as far as sounds and lights go it's not a HUGE deal to me. What I'm hoping we get out of this, maybe as a stretch goal, is the pack being able to play the theme song.
Coover5, ccv66 liked this
By Coover5
For me the standard cyclotron and power cell lights would be preferred. I think it's really cool to see what people have done with the lights but I also think the limitations of the period gave us the perfect pack lights.
ccv66 liked this
By ccv66
To me , if it had plug in device that replaced the battery and the pack powered the wand, it would be possible to measure the wand amps and program the pack sound and lights off of that.

If the pack just had the base lights and hum, I'd probably be okay with it. Almost pointless to think about it because I'm pretty sure I'd swap out to spongeface Spengler bored anyways.
Last edited by ccv66 on October 25th, 2021, 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By zeta otaku
ccv66 wrote: October 25th, 2021, 1:55 am To me , if it had plug in device that replaced the battery and the pack powered the wand, it would be possible to measure the wand amps and program the pack sound and lights off of that.

If the pack just had the base lights and hum, I'd probably be okay with it. Almost pointing to think about it because I'm pretty sure I'd swap out to spongeface Spangler bored anyways.
That's my plan too if I'm not wowed by the default offerings of this pack
By Coover5
If I remember correctly when Trendmasters put out the Extreme Ghostbusters proton pack they also sold an upgraded wand. I suspect with this the Spengler wand will be minimally compatible with the pack but they will also sell a new upgrade wand. It would be nice for them to put out a wand that has the classic grips.
By zeta otaku
Coover5 wrote: October 25th, 2021, 9:50 am If I remember correctly when Trendmasters put out the Extreme Ghostbusters proton pack they also sold an upgraded wand. I suspect with this the Spengler wand will be minimally compatible with the pack but they will also sell a new upgrade wand. It would be nice for them to put out a wand that has the classic grips.
What would be REALLY nice is if this hypothetical wand does become a thing, the grips would be swappable.
Coover5 liked this
By Ecto24601
Tier 4 - full video game upgrades

A man can dream...but I sooooo wish this gets funded!! Why they close out so many fans around the world is beyond me though.
zeta otaku liked this
By zeta otaku
Ecto24601 wrote: October 25th, 2021, 12:04 pm Tier 4 - full video game upgrades

A man can dream...but I sooooo wish this gets funded!! Why they close out so many fans around the world is beyond me though.
How odd we're having the same dream XD I'd be worried if they make the dark matter generator fins move though... those are small and I'm sure they'd be delicate.
VenomSymbiote wrote: October 25th, 2021, 12:56 pm I really like the idea of the pack being able to power the wand. Any electric know-how people here know if that'd be easy for them to do?
I'm not expert, but pretty sure it's very doable. Just look what Spongeface has done with the Spengler wand and existing electronic packs.
By Raymund
featofstrength wrote: October 24th, 2021, 10:03 pm If the movie sucks, wonder if there will be enough time to pull out of the campaign
It's unlikely that it would suck - it didn't for me. I liked it a lot (I was one of the 1000+ people who were lucky enough to see it during NYCC earlier this month). If you liked the first GB movie in 1984, there's a high probability you'll like this as well.

As for pulling out of the campaign in the event that you change your mind about keeping the pack, I think you can always sell it when it finally gets delivered. There's always a market for collectible pieces like these.
seekandannoy liked this
By Raymund
I'm really looking forward to more info about this Haslab project on 10/27. Depending on the price, I might get two to help move the project along, but will definitely be in for one.
By jonogunn
mrmichaelt wrote: October 24th, 2021, 9:26 pm
jonogunn wrote: October 24th, 2021, 7:45 pm That said if it doesn't interact with the wand then they must have came up with this idea after producing the wand
I don't think Hasbro went to the Canadian set just to measure and scan the Spengler thrower when they could have also done the pack... and the P.K.E. Meter, RTV, and Ecto Googles...
You are probably right on that. Perhaps they did scan everything but didn't factor in linking the wand to a future pack? If they did they would have left some opening for the possibility of linking to two.

Lets hope I'm wrong and everything works out magically
mrmichaelt, zeta otaku liked this
By dantonvfx
VenomSymbiote wrote: October 26th, 2021, 8:13 am
mrmichaelt wrote: October 25th, 2021, 11:58 pm
HasbroPulse's site. Premium members only. see here.
Premium only is a bummer but oh well. As long as I can hop on the haslab pack.
So just to clarify, Only the Live event is for Premium users right? The rest of the mortals can still fund/purchase the Proton Pack after the event or whenever they decide to release it?
By dantonvfx
zeta otaku wrote: October 26th, 2021, 11:23 am That's correct. Here's exactly how Haslab works

https://hasbropulse.com/pages/crowdfunded-product
Thanks so much!

Out of curiosity, usually these HasLab productions make it out to online stores? or they are Always or mostly always exclusive? I was thinking to get 1, but if by history HasLab has not released anything outside their ecosystem... maybe I will get 2 if the price is affordable.
zeta otaku liked this
By Coover5
With packs being as huge as they are it won't be easy for a place to have many packs. I'd bet that even the best known online shops would max out at 15-20 packs. That is if they could get them at all.
By dantonvfx
yeah it has sense. Are you guys planning on getting 1 or 2?

I was thinking about a second unit for future Mods, but.. it will all depend on Money I guess
By dantonvfx
Haha good thing I bought 2 Wands when they came out! Now tomorrow they will say that Spengler's Wand is not compatible and that they put up a V2 on sale hahahahah
By Coover5
What do you guys think we should expect assembly wise for the pack? I think the ion arm and ion knob will need to be attached. And perhaps some but not all tubing.

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]