Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By Ecto24601
GB news has info on the stretch goals:

9,000 BACKERS – CLASS I UNLOCKABLE STRETCH GOAL: THE CLASSIC BUNDLE
The first stretch goal will include a connection hose that hooks the HasLab Proton Pack up to the Spengler Neutrona Wand. Custom 1984 decals with a brushed chrome look will also be included for your pre-existing Spengler Neutrona Wand.

11,000 BACKERS – CLASS II UNLOCKABLE STRETCH GOAL: THE GHOSTBUSTERS: AFTERLIFE BUNDLE
The second stretch goal will include 3 Plasma Series Mini-Pufts figures AND 3 alternate, swappable heads, featuring NEW DECO! A white marshmallow goo attachment for the Proton Pack will also be included.

13,000 BACKERS – CLASS III UNLOCKABLE STRETCH GOAL: THE SPENGLER SPECIAL
The third stretch goal will include a sheet of Ghostbusters-themed decals and an Egon Spengler 16-page notebook that includes schematics, handwritten notes, and personal anecdotes.

15,000 BACKERS – CLASS IV UNLOCKABLE STRETCH GOAL: THE SUPERNATURAL STAND
The fourth stretch goal will include an exclusive high-quality display stand.
Last edited by Ecto24601 on October 27th, 2021, 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gamera1968 liked this
By gamera1968
By the looks of the one on the main webpage, it's not 1:1 scale, even though they said it was scanned from the screen-used prop. Hmmm...

Copy/paste from https://hasbropulse.com/collections/has ... roton-pack
no ALICE frame - just the LC-2 straps...?

“WE GOT ONE!”
Look, we get it, not everyone is lucky enough to have an eccentric, genius grandfather who left us a fully functional albeit unlicensed nuclear accelerator. Most people just get slacks and socks. It was with this understanding that we decided to cook up something special. We’re professionals here at the Hasbro Pulse HasLab, and we wouldn’t waste a second of this amazing fanbase’s time with anything less than the ultimate ghost bustin’ adult collectible roleplay item. Introducing the first-ever Ghostbusters HasLab project: the Plasma Series Spengler’s Proton Pack! Heat ‘em up, indeed!

If we’re being honest—and it sure smells like it—most of us have been waiting for this moment to arrive since way back in 1984, when we were introduced to our true calling: strapping into a Proton Pack and saving the world from every spirit, spectre, ghoul, and ghost looking to get up to some supernatural shenanigans and haunting hijinks.

As fellow faux scientists (and no doubt a smattering of real ones!), you know the importance of funding paranormal research and how it can help make the world a safer, less scary place. Here’s what we’ll need to make this paranormal project a reality (and don’t worry, we kept Venkman out of the money decisions):

- Fan funding for this iconic Ghostbusters 1:1-scale roleplay item ($399)

- 7,000 backers to answer the call and officially fund the project

- 9,000 backers to unlock the Class I Unlockable Stretch Goal: THE CLASSIC BUNDLE

- 11,000 backers to unlock the Class II Unlockable Stretch Goal: THE GHOSTBUSTERS: AFTERLIFE BUNDLE

- 13,000 backers to unlock the Class III Unlockable Stretch Goal: THE SPENGLER SPECIAL

- 15,000 backers to unlock the Class IV Unlockable Stretch Goal: THE SUPERNATURAL STAND

You are our eerie investors, our phantom financiers, our bloodcurdling backers, and we need your support for our research and to fund this HasLab today!

“WE HAD THE TOOLS; WE HAD THE TALENT!”

We love this franchise! We’re excited to be a part of it! And we know in our hearts that Ghostbusters fans feel the same. The Ghostbusters fandom is an extraordinary team, suiting up for action and adventure every day since day one. That’s why when we were determining exactly what we should offer in this Ghostbusters HasLab project, we knew it absolutely had to be the Proton Pack—and not just any old Proton Pack, but Egon Spengler’s Proton Pack! Working directly with our partners at Sony Pictures Consumer Products and Ghost Corps, our talented designers were provided with everything they’d need to create a movie-inspired, 1:1-scale Ghostbusters Plasma Series Spengler’s Proton Pack.

We are more than just toymakers here. We’re fans. That’s why we understand the seriousness of getting this pack just right—down to the very last nut and bolt—to offer you something incredible to add to your collection while celebrating the next chapter in the Ghostbusters universe.

“THERE’S SOMETHING YOU DON’T SEE EVERY DAY.”

Hang onto your flight suits because we’re about to blow you away. The Ghostbusters: Afterlife Ghostbusters Plasma Series Spengler’s Proton Pack is here, and this first-ever, full-scale, mass-manufactured beauty has it all!

- We’re making history with this movie-inspired prop replica, scanned directly from the Ghostbusters: Afterlife Proton Pack hero prop! (Yes, Sony Pictures Consumer Products let us play with the real thing!)

- Out-of-this-world tech features lights, sounds, AND a motor for active roleplay and re-creating iconic scenes!

- Two modes of play include lights and sounds from both the 1984 classic film Ghostbusters and the upcoming 2021 Ghostbusters: Afterlife movie. Did we use supernatural sorcery? Nope, we just included a switch!

- Modular and lightweight, this scientific wonder is the closest you can get to strapping a real nuclear particle accelerator to your back (and much less dangerous)!

- Have we mentioned that this Proton Pack is compatible with the Ghostbusters Plasma Series Spengler’s Neutrona Wand (sold separately)? Because it is! The Proton Pack features a metal V-hook bracket that connects to the metal V-hook bracket on the bottom of the Neutrona Wand. Level up your cosplay game by stowing your wand on your pack when you’re not actively bustin’ ghosts!

- Scary good screen-accurate details include the booster, power cell injectors, bumper, shock mount, and more! Oh, and yeah, you can open the cyclotron and explore its inner workings for the very first time. Seriously, if you don’t fund this Ghostbusters HasLab project it may be a decision that haunts you forever!

“MAYBE IT’S THE APOCALYPSE.”

How could it not be the apocalypse when this seems way too good to be true? This isn’t any old pack, you see. This is the Proton Pack of your aspirational childhood dreams! Still, that just wasn’t enough for us, not for the very first Ghostbusters HasLab project. We couldn’t help ourselves. We were compelled to go above and beyond. Hey, no job is too big, right? That’s why we’ve decided to offer a total of 4 classifications of unlocks.

This Proton Pack just got red hot.

“CHOOSE THE FORM…”

Class 0 Unlocked:
The Hasbro Pulse Premium Perk
We love Hasbro Pulse, and we love our Hasbro Pulse Premium Members. As a thank you for your continued support, all Hasbro Pulse Premium Members that back the Ghostbusters HasLab Project in the first 48 hours will receive an exclusive, members-only unlock: 4 1984-inspired green ecto-plasm goo attachment accessories to give their Proton Pack that “funky” feel, without that sticky texture.

Hasbro Pulse Premium Members:

- If you are a Hasbro Pulse Premium Member and you back the HasLab Ghostbusters Proton Pack campaign through Hasbro Pulse by Friday, October 29 @ 7:00PM ET & the campaign is successfully funded within the campaign window (by December 12, 2021 @ 11:59PM ET), you will receive 4 1984-inspired green ecto-plasm goo attachment accessories in addition to the HasLab Ghostbusters Proton Pack item.

- If the campaign is not successfully backed, the product will not go into production and eligible Hasbro Pulse Premium backers will not receive the additional accessories.

- Ecto-plasm goo attachment accessories not sold separately.

- Must be a Hasbro Pulse Premium Member prior to purchase, and at time of item fulfillment.

“YES, HAVE SOME.”

Whether you’re looking to recapture that nostalgic 1984 feel or excited to look ahead and imagine what creepy encounters will come next, this Proton Pack is the one you’ve been waiting for. An epic addition to your Ghostbusters collection, strap in and let your imagination transport you to a world filled with hungry green ghosts, giant marshmallow men, outdated flattops, monstrous Terror Dogs, metal-munching spectres, an army of mischievous Mini-Pufts, and whatever other supernatural surprises you can conjure up. We’ll provide the Proton Pack, you provide the play, so let’s do our ghost bustin’ best to trap 7,000 backers today!

We’re incredibly excited to see this Ghostbusters HasLab project come to life; fund now so you can start bustin’ ghosts!

Ghostbusters Haslab… We’re ready to equip you!
By Chicken, He Clucked
So… if these get made do Zavvi stock them for plebs to buy?

I do and I don’t get why Hasbro make these so difficult to actually back / purchase.

I would happily upgrade my Spirit Pack to this (could not give a hoot about 1:1 or screen accuracy) but the barriers for entry for someone outside the US are far too high.
By Chairman Kaga
jonogunn wrote: October 27th, 2021, 4:46 pm
Chairman Kaga wrote:I'm confused why people are assuming it's not 1:1.
it looked off in the pic with the man to me. Then when I came in here and saw someone else think the same thing it made me more paranoid and I've lost my head
I'm only speculating but without an alice frame I assume it would hang lower on one's back. If that's what people are going off.
Last edited by Chairman Kaga on October 27th, 2021, 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Ecto24601
I rather hope they rethink the missing of the frame and that the final product WILL vary, as this looks really uncomfortable to wear (and misses decals too):

By Dr.D
It's not just how the pack is hanging...again unless their model was a very large human the proportions do not seem to fit a true 1:1. I have two packs myself and I'm telling ya this looks smaller in both width and height. I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, just making an observation that it does not seem properly full scale. Further this argument is the lack of any photos next to the Spengler wand.
By Kingpin
gamera1968 wrote: October 27th, 2021, 4:17 pm By the looks of the one on the main webpage, it's not 1:1 scale, even though they said it was scanned from the screen-used prop. Hmmm...
It can still be scanned from an original, but then scaled-down for production.
Ecto24601 wrote: October 27th, 2021, 4:50 pm I rather hope they rethink the missing of the frame and that the final product WILL vary[/img]
I wouldn't expect them to rethink it, they've probably crunched the numbers and figured that to include some sort of frame would result in something else having to be scaled back/removed entirely, or they'd have to increase the base price.

They may've even decided that it would've been unfeasible to create an A.L.I.C.E. frame within the replica Pack's price range and have been safe for long-term use.
gamera1968 liked this
By jonogunn
Kingpin wrote: October 27th, 2021, 5:15 pm
Ecto24601 wrote: October 27th, 2021, 4:50 pm I rather hope they rethink the missing of the frame and that the final product WILL vary[/img]
I wouldn't expect them to rethink it, they've probably crunched the numbers and figured that to include some sort of frame would result in something else having to be scaled back/removed entirely, or they'd have to increase the base price.

They may've even decided that it would've been unfeasible to create an A.L.I.C.E. frame within the replica Pack's price range and have been safe for long-term use.
I'm fine with no frame so long as it's not too difficult to attach our own. I hope that plastic motherboard is durable enough to punch some holes in.
By zeta otaku
jonogunn wrote: October 27th, 2021, 5:17 pm
Kingpin wrote: October 27th, 2021, 5:15 pm

I'm fine with no frame so long as it's not too difficult to attach our own. I hope that plastic motherboard is durable enough to punch some holes in.
It looks like it already has the spacers for an Alice frame, I don't think it'd be too difficult to add one.
By WhoaFoogles
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

zeta otaku wrote: October 27th, 2021, 7:30 pm
jonogunn wrote: October 27th, 2021, 5:17 pm

It looks like it already has the spacers for an Alice frame, I don't think it'd be too difficult to add one.
This would be the perfect fit for those crap Rothco ALICE frames that are readily available but untenable for proper, bespoke proton packs, right?
By ecto88mph
There is a vidoe out there where they are looking at the prototype and it looks 1:1.

I think the pic with the pic with the slimy pack is just a bad photoshop mock up
Last edited by Kingpin on October 28th, 2021, 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added YouTube code
jonogunn liked this
By Coover5
The pack says there is a limit of 5 per customer but the wand says a limit of 1 per customer. For everyone buying multiple packs what is the plan to get multiple wands?
By ccv66
You can buy the wand several places. I'm sure entertainment earth will send you as many as your credit card will allow

If you can't find one by spring 2023 I'll sell you one of my extras. But my price will hurt your feelings. Might be cheaper to build a real proton pack :boogieman:
By deadderek
jonogunn wrote: October 27th, 2021, 10:54 pm Damn any reason you guys getting 5 packs???
Maybe they have 5 people that want them?

Maybe 1 or 2 for spare parts?

Maybe to keep a couple for custom work?

Anyone who wants a pack the chance is NOW.
By VenomSymbiote
I'm wondering if it actually is 1:1 scale... for the packs they made for the kids in the film. Wouldn't be surprised if they sized down the packs for the younger busters and that's what Hasbro scanned.
By Ecto24601
And we've reached 50% of backers!! YES!

Meanwhile GB news took down the information about the stretch goals, glad I copied and pasted it here.

Ordered 5. Gonna start a franchise in 2023!!

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]