Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
If they don't meet the backing do you get your money back if that happens? I want to jump on this but the having to wait a full year...Look GB fans are patient, I get it. But still...It's a bit pricey for a non fixer upper opportunity. I could buy a decent 3d printer for that amount.

(Don't get me wrong the pack looks fantastic. I just have my concerns.)
timeware wrote: October 27th, 2021, 8:43 pm If they don't meet the backing do you get your money back if that happens? I want to jump on this but the having to wait a full year...Look GB fans are patient, I get it. But still...It's a bit pricey for a non fixer upper opportunity. I could buy a decent 3d printer for that amount.

Yes you will get your money back in full.

Yah 2023 is so far away that's the biggest bummer in all this
Fine print for the video they have says
"If campaign reaches minimum 7,000 backers by December 12, 2021, your payment method will be charged."
so it seems less a matter of getting money back and more that you need to remember to keep the money in your account until then.
Corey91 liked this
jonogunn wrote: October 27th, 2021, 8:53 pm
timeware wrote: October 27th, 2021, 8:43 pm If they don't meet the backing do you get your money back if that happens? I want to jump on this but the having to wait a full year...Look GB fans are patient, I get it. But still...It's a bit pricey for a non fixer upper opportunity. I could buy a decent 3d printer for that amount.

Yes you will get your money back in full.

Yah 2023 is so far away that's the biggest bummer in all this
Eh I would rather wait 18 months and get this, then to not have it exist at all. I suspect covid and shipping issues are what pushed the delivery date back so far. In the past I guess a year is the norm.
deadderek, Sav C liked this
Your card won't be charged until December 12th, so you'll just want to make sure the money is there on that date. You're charged absolutely nothing in the meantime.

Also NO 3-D printer will come close to putting out a pack this nice at this price point.

Hasbro equipment is far superior to anything coming out of one of those.

Not to mention with lights and sounds, etc.

No fan out there will be making an Afterlife pack this good at this price.
Sav C, Corey91 liked this
deadderek wrote: October 27th, 2021, 9:54 pm Your card won't be charged until December 12th, so you'll just want to make sure the money is there on that date. You're charged absolutely nothing in the meantime.

Also NO 3-D printer will come close to putting out a pack this nice at this price point.

I was going to build a 3d printed pack as my next project. Would you say the amount of PLA filament for printing out the shell alone come close to 400?
deadderek wrote: October 27th, 2021, 9:54 pm Your card won't be charged until December 12th, so you'll just want to make sure the money is there on that date. You're charged absolutely nothing in the meantime.

That's quite the statement to make. This pack is 100% 3d Printed and I made it for around the same amount of money they are charging for just the pack alone.

The Hasbro pack is a nice toy but look at it for more than a few seconds and you start to see the glaring inaccuracies.

The booster ladder texture on the ribs is wrong, the filler tube is upside down, the yellow hose is the wrong colour, type and doesnt have the black stripe, ribbon cable wasnt even attempted to be the right gauge, the fittings are wrong, everything is molded into the shell so they arent easily replaceable, no alice frame the straps just come out of the motherboard, etc..
TheLegendOfMart wrote: October 28th, 2021, 12:45 am

That's quite the statement to make. This pack is 100% 3d Printed and I made it for around the same amount of money they are charging for just the pack alone.

The Hasbro pack is a nice toy but look at it for more than a few seconds and you start to see the glaring inaccuracies.

The booster ladder texture on the ribs is wrong, the filler tube is upside down, the yellow hose is the wrong colour, type and doesnt have the black stripe, ribbon cable wasnt even attempted to be the right gauge, the fittings are wrong, everything is molded into the shell so they arent easily replaceable, no alice frame the straps just come out of the motherboard, etc..
That entire pack with electronics and sounds came to be around $400 USD only??? There’s no way
deadderek liked this
jonogunn wrote: October 28th, 2021, 12:57 am That entire pack with electronics and sounds came to be around $400 USD only??? There’s no way
Yes. 4 rolls of £12.99 filament, £8 arduino for lights and £5 arduino compatible sound chip, leds are extremely cheap to buy, coded and assembled by myself. You'd be surprised how cheap things are if you make them yourself.
TheLegendOfMart wrote: October 28th, 2021, 12:45 am

Pack inaccuracies? We should probably wait until the movie actually comes out and we can frame by frame look at the packs to call out some supposed inaccuracies.

Also I absolutely stand by my statement Hasbro's equipment absolutely produces better than some cheapo 3D printer you buy off the shelf of Micro Center.
TheLegendOfMart wrote: October 28th, 2021, 1:10 am
jonogunn wrote: October 28th, 2021, 12:57 am That entire pack with electronics and sounds came to be around $400 USD only??? There’s no way
Yes. 4 rolls of £12.99 filament, £8 arduino for lights and £5 arduino compatible sound chip, leds are extremely cheap to buy, coded and assembled by myself. You'd be surprised how cheap things are if you make them yourself.
Well since they're so cheap feel free to help out the fans and sell them.
deadderek wrote: October 28th, 2021, 1:34 am
Pack inaccuracies? We should probably wait until the movie actually comes out and we can frame by frame look at the packs to call out some supposed inaccuracies.

Also I absolutely stand by my statement Hasbro's equipment absolutely produces better than some cheapo 3D printer you buy off the shelf of Micro Center.
We've already seen the Phoebe Hero pack at Adam Savages workshop...

I only use cheapo 3D printers. That pack was made with £230 CR10.
deadderek wrote: October 28th, 2021, 1:35 am Well since they're so cheap feel free to help out the fans and sell them.
Theres a difference between cheap and ready for consumers. The wiring was a mess and not something I'd be comfortable in selling.
TheLegendOfMart wrote: October 28th, 2021, 1:47 am
deadderek wrote: October 28th, 2021, 1:34 am

We've already seen the Phoebe Hero pack at Adam Savages workshop...

I only use cheapo 3D printers. That pack was made with £230 CR10.
We've no idea when that video was filmed. There's absolutely a chance the pack is worked on or tinkered with at some point during the flick. Still makes more sense to wait then start going crazy over alleged inaccuracies.
deadderek wrote: October 28th, 2021, 1:49 am We've no idea when that video was filmed. There's absolutely a chance the pack is worked on or tinkered with at some point during the flick. Still makes more sense to wait then start going crazy over alleged inaccuracies.
Backtrack all you want. We know it was filmed AFTER the movie had finished production because Ben Eadie and Jason were both in Adams Workshop. The inaccuracies are glaring and not something that would be changed during production and its 100% possible to make a way better looking pack compelte with wand for less than Hasbro are charging.
With the announcement and day over, everyone please take all discussion of the Hasbro Pulse HasLab Spengler's Proton Pack to here:
viewtopic.php?f=90&p=4958348
or to here:
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=48504

Thanks and let's get back on topic about the movie. And a general remainder to not get too heated with each other about things like pack accuracy.
deadderek, Corey91 liked this
Bison256 wrote: October 28th, 2021, 4:49 am
deadderek wrote: October 28th, 2021, 2:51 am Oh HELL yeah. My local AMC just posted pre-sale tix for Afterlife.
Is that really necessary? I've never seen a movie sold out.
I live in a major metropolitan area, movies absolutely do sell out.

Also tons of people like to buy tickets early to pick the best seats.
Davideverona wrote: October 28th, 2021, 3:14 am On the Hasbro video there is a brief scene with Phoebe going full Tex on Muncher.
That was pretty wild. A few seconds, but totally.
This Post Contains Spoilers
groschopf wrote: October 28th, 2021, 6:59 am Another tv spot.
Sav C, Kingpin liked this

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]