jonogunn wrote: November 30th, 2021, 10:20 am Question regarding the Afterlife movie pack. What are the lens used for the cyclotron? It looks like you can’t see through them at all and it’s the same color as the pack. Are they just really dirty?

In the movie they CGIed the cyclotron light
Gucabe wrote: November 30th, 2021, 10:27 am In the movie they CGIed the cyclotron light
Actually that is incorrect, the cyclotron was a practical, spinning element. While I’m sure there was some enhancement in certain scenes, the pack was outfitted with practical lights, sound and vibration motors to give the actors the sensation of the gear actually working.
Kingpin, One time liked this
JTurchetta wrote: November 30th, 2021, 10:34 am
Gucabe wrote: November 30th, 2021, 10:27 am In the movie they CGIed the cyclotron light
Actually that is incorrect, the cyclotron was a practical, spinning element. While I’m sure there was some enhancement in certain scenes, the pack was outfitted with practical lights, sound and vibration motors to give the actors the sensation of the gear actually working.
The one that Adam has in the tested shop is different than the one he saw during his visit:

That is possibly the practical one...
The one in the tested lab migh not have the practical effects. There were multiple packs made. Some of wich needed to be CGIed.
Last edited by Kingpin on November 30th, 2021, 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added YouTube code
ccv66 liked this
Gucabe wrote: November 30th, 2021, 10:46 am

The one that Adam has in the tested shop is different than the one he saw during his visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDdOBorpp5s
The one in the tested lab migh not have the practical effects. There were multiple packs made. Some of wich needed to be CGIed.
Seems that the lenses are just painted over or dusted but it is still a red lense... you can see the red tint peak through here

So i stand corrected, it is a lense.
jonogunn liked this
verminaard510 wrote: November 30th, 2021, 9:44 am
Ecto_1X wrote: November 30th, 2021, 9:19 am Which group are you posting this in? I'm not seeing it daily in my group lol.
The group is HasLab Proton Pack Modders, heres is a link to the post.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/haslabp ... 474565615/
Oh looks like I'm already part of it .. must've missed your post lol.

The one that Adam has in the tested shop is different than the one he saw during his visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDdOBorpp5s
If memory serves, the one in the Tested shop was a pack that Adam built, not an actual screen prop. So he took creative license with his own version and added things and other functionality. But the screen used hero had a functioning cyclotron light.
JTurchetta wrote: November 30th, 2021, 11:11 am

If memory serves, the one in the Tested shop was a pack that Adam built, not an actual screen prop. So he took creative license with his own version and added things and other functionality. But the screen used hero had a functioning cyclotron light.
From the website: https://www.tested.com/culture/ghostbus ... op-photos/

"Here are Adam Savage’s reference photos of the hero Phoebe Proton Pack from Ghostbusters: Afterlife, which he used in the painting and detailing of his own personal replica pack! Thanks to Sony for giving us access to this prop and allowing us to share them with the Ghostbusters fan community! © 2021 CTMG. All Rights Reserved"
Gucabe wrote: November 30th, 2021, 11:21 am
JTurchetta wrote: November 30th, 2021, 11:11 am

From the website: https://www.tested.com/culture/ghostbus ... op-photos/

"Here are Adam Savage’s reference photos of the hero Phoebe Proton Pack from Ghostbusters: Afterlife, which he used in the painting and detailing of his own personal replica pack! Thanks to Sony for giving us access to this prop and allowing us to share them with the Ghostbusters fan community! © 2021 CTMG. All Rights Reserved"
Interesting! I stand corrected!
Gucabe liked this
Kingpin wrote: November 30th, 2021, 12:06 pm
Gucabe wrote: November 30th, 2021, 10:46 am Some of wich needed to be CGIed.
Where did you read the info that some of the Pack props had CG lights? That seems very out of character for a production that made efforts to do things practically.
like JTurchetta said... they were digitaly enhanced. I just call it CGIed.
Gucabe wrote: November 30th, 2021, 12:18 pm
Kingpin wrote: November 30th, 2021, 12:06 pm

Where did you read the info that some of the Pack props had CG lights? That seems very out of character for a production that made efforts to do things practically.
like JTurchetta said... they were digitaly enhanced. I just call it CGIed.
That being said, after rewatching the Adam savage inspection video it seems very plausible that almost no enhancement was needed.
Gucabe wrote: November 30th, 2021, 12:18 pm like JTurchetta said... they were digitaly enhanced. I just call it CGIed.
Okay. Where did you read that they were digitally enhanced? They built in the option to control how bright the PKE lights were, so I would've physically tweaked the Pack lights if they needed them to be brighter or dimmer.
Kingpin wrote: November 30th, 2021, 12:28 pm
Gucabe wrote: November 30th, 2021, 12:18 pm like JTurchetta said... they were digitaly enhanced. I just call it CGIed.
Okay. Where did you read that they were digitally enhanced? They built in the option to control how bright the PKE lights were, so I would've physically tweaked the Pack lights if they needed them to be brighter or dimmer.
TBH no where, it was just my assumption. That's why i posted a followup comment: "That being said, after rewatching the Adam savage inspection video it seems very plausible that almost no enhancement was needed."
Ecto24601 wrote: November 30th, 2021, 4:53 am Your numbers are wrong but we're still on a great way to get to 15,000. Personally I would have loved to see a class 5 tier...just for the fun of having a class 5.
Hi Ecto24601,

Respectfully, my numbers are not wrong. However, if you find a flaw in my math, I am open to hearing your logic. My numbers are derived from a straight percentage calculation, based on the number of new backers against the total number needed to achieve each class unlock:

Current # Backers X
------------------------------------------------------------ = ----------
Minimum # Backers Needed for Class Tier "Y" 100

As such:
11,902 is 91% of 13,000 (Class 3 tier/stretch goal #3 - Egon's Notebook/Ghostbusters sticker sheets)
11,902 is 79% of 15,000 (Class 4 tier/stretch goal #4 - faux diamond plate display stand)

Apparently I am not the only fan that uses Excel to calculate out various aspects of this crowdfund campaign. I started keeping daily track of this crowdfund on 11/18/21, and my data shows the following:

The minimum amount of backers needed for the pack to go into production was achieved on day 9 of the crowdfund period (CP) on 11/5/21 (this I found several pages back in this very forum)
Stretch goal #1 was achieved on day 24 of the CP, on 11/20/21
Stretch goal #2 was achieved on day 30 of the CP, on 11/26/21
The day all stretch goals were revealed, 11/22/21, saw an astounding 591 new backers come onboard on that day alone. The following day saw 355 new backers join the party.
Since 11/20/21, at least 200 new backers per day have come onboard . .. or, to put it another way: 216 < = New Backers < = 271
As of this writing, an average of 350 backers per day over the entire course of the CP is supporting this crowdfund effort, with 148 new backers having come onboard since 12:01 am this morning. If we don't break 12,000 backers before midnight tonight, at this rate we definitely will before noon tomorrow.

My spreadsheet also calculates the minimum number of backers needed, per day, to achieve each stretch goal. I even have a column for how many per hour (yes, that is a bit much, I agree . . .). As such, for the last two:
92 new backers per day, for the rest of the CP, is necessary to achieve the Class 3 tier/stretch goal #3
258 new backers per day, for the rest of the CP, is necessary to achieve the Class 4 tier/stretch goal #4 (by extension, this would also fund tier #3)
Put another way, if we fall below the bare minimum of 92 new backers per day until the CP is over, then stretch goals 3 and 4 can never be met, mathematically. Similarly, if we fall below the bare minimum of 258 new backers per day until the CP is over, then stretch goal 4 can never be met.

You're right - a Class 5 would be fun - come on Haslab, what do you say? Something appropriately in tribute to Ray's proclamation of Slimer being a focused, non-terminal, repeating phantasm, a.k.a. Class 5 Full Roaming Vapor . . .
Spacejockey426 wrote: November 30th, 2021, 1:59 pm
Ecto24601 wrote: November 30th, 2021, 4:53 am Your numbers are wrong but we're still on a great way to get to 15,000. Personally I would have loved to see a class 5 tier...just for the fun of having a class 5.
Hi Ecto24601,

Respectfully, my numbers are not wrong. However, if you find a flaw in my math, I am open to hearing your logic. My numbers are derived from a straight percentage calculation, based on the number of new backers against the total number needed to achieve each class unlock:

Current # Backers X
------------------------------------------------------------ = ----------
Minimum # Backers Needed for Class Tier "Y" 100

As such:
11,902 is 91% of 13,000 (Class 3 tier/stretch goal #3 - Egon's Notebook/Ghostbusters sticker sheets)
11,902 is 79% of 15,000 (Class 4 tier/stretch goal #4 - faux diamond plate display stand)

Apparently I am not the only fan that uses Excel to calculate out various aspects of this crowdfund campaign. I started keeping daily track of this crowdfund on 11/18/21, and my data shows the following:

The minimum amount of backers needed for the pack to go into production was achieved on day 9 of the crowdfund period (CP) on 11/5/21 (this I found several pages back in this very forum)
Stretch goal #1 was achieved on day 24 of the CP, on 11/20/21
Stretch goal #2 was achieved on day 30 of the CP, on 11/26/21
The day all stretch goals were revealed, 11/22/21, saw an astounding 591 new backers come onboard on that day alone. The following day saw 355 new backers join the party.
Since 11/20/21, at least 200 new backers per day have come onboard . .. or, to put it another way: 216 < = New Backers < = 271
As of this writing, an average of 350 backers per day over the entire course of the CP is supporting this crowdfund effort, with 148 new backers having come onboard since 12:01 am this morning. If we don't break 12,000 backers before midnight tonight, at this rate we definitely will before noon tomorrow.

My spreadsheet also calculates the minimum number of backers needed, per day, to achieve each stretch goal. I even have a column for how many per hour (yes, that is a bit much, I agree . . .). As such, for the last two:
92 new backers per day, for the rest of the CP, is necessary to achieve the Class 3 tier/stretch goal #3
258 new backers per day, for the rest of the CP, is necessary to achieve the Class 4 tier/stretch goal #4 (by extension, this would also fund tier #3)
Put another way, if we fall below the bare minimum of 92 new backers per day until the CP is over, then stretch goals 3 and 4 can never be met, mathematically. Similarly, if we fall below the bare minimum of 258 new backers per day until the CP is over, then stretch goal 4 can never be met.

You're right - a Class 5 would be fun - come on Haslab, what do you say? Something appropriately in tribute to Ray's proclamation of Slimer being a focused, non-terminal, repeating phantasm, a.k.a. Class 5 Full Roaming Vapor . . .

You are not the hero we deserve, but the hero we need.
DAMN!

With this much math, I can see you modding the Hasbro pack to work as a functional nuclear accelerator, well, once you get some Uranium. Although, I heard Libyans can get ahold of plutonium if you promise to build certain devices for them. (Different franchise but couldn't resist)
Ecto24601 wrote: November 30th, 2021, 2:31 pm Has anyone seen the notebook picture in higher resolution somewhere?

This is an interesting tier because when backing the Sail Barge, we got a fancy booklet of schematics and design photography/digital renders for free. This was even sent out before we even received the Barge, as kind of a hold-me-over. While I think this notebook will be cool, for the price I would have liked if they gave this for free as well and gave us something more substantial for Tier 3.

I would have much rather had swappable ribbon cables to go from 84' pack, to 89' pack and then to Afterlife pack, swappable 84' loom hose, that kind of thing. I'd love to see it be more modular, like it's advertised in the fine print. I just feel like the Egon notebook should have been a gimme in the first place and not a tier. The sticker sheet is very 80s and retro, but they feel like an afterthought. At this point, I'm more excited for the stand, I actually like the design they chose a lot.
Spacejockey426 liked this
VenomSymbiote wrote: November 30th, 2021, 4:53 pm People keep saying that some overseas companies orders have yet to be calculated. So they're able to order well over just 5 packs at a time I assume? Do they get access to unique store fronts or something?
They are taking orders on their own websites, 5 per customer, their total sales would be applied toward the end of the campaign
verminaard510 wrote: November 30th, 2021, 3:51 pm Chris, how are you getting your daily backers numbers, I have different numbers than you. Nov 22, I have 607 backers that day. I am currently running a macro that records the backers numbers at midnight each night.
Hi verminaard510,

Your graph is excellent - your Jedi Excel skills are . . . impressive, most impressive . . . ! I compile daily data the hard way, by refreshing the crowdfund page at midnight each night (since 11/18/21), and slightly adjusting the spreadsheet to stop counting on the line in the grid for what is now the previous day (and fill in the actual last daily number for that day), and moving the calculating equation to the next cell down for what is now the current day.
I am intrigued by how you get the numbers each night - how does the macro accomplish this? I went to school for engineering and I'm an IT professional that works from home troubleshooting an over 100,000 user client base with the rest of my team. Since I work from home, I am constantly refreshing the proton pack page throughout the day, adding to my "current backer" cell, which feeds the rest of the calculations down the spreadsheet. I will put here what I have from 11/18/21 all the way to yesterday, so you can compare your data to see if there is any pattern to the discrepancy in our respective data sets:

DATE Total/Day TOTAL DAY
11/18/2021 118 8,708 22
11/19/2021 167 8,875 23 (Movie is officially released in theaters)
11/20/2021 216 9,091 24 (Saturday: Classic Bundle: Stretch Goal #1 achieved)
11/21/2021 260 9,351 25 (Sunday)
11/22/2021 591 9,942 26 (All stretch goals revealed)
11/23/2021 355 10,297 27
11/24/2021 271 10,568 28
11/25/2021 233 10,801 29 (Thanksgiving)
11/26/2021 249 11,050 30 (Afterlife Bundle: Stretch Goal #2 achieved - - - Black Friday)
11/27/2021 259 11,309 31 (Saturday)
11/28/2021 215 11,524 32 (Sunday )
11/29/2021 230 11,754 33

Total/Day = the total number of new backers that given day, from midnight to 11:59 pm
TOTAL = the total number of backers that given day after adding the total number of backers from the previous day to that days total
DAY = the current day in the crowdfund, counting from 10/27, which was day 1

If the formatting is screwed up when I post this, I will try to rectify it.
Perhaps the discrepancy is due to a difference in time zones? I am on EST.
Ecto24601 wrote: November 30th, 2021, 2:17 pm Got it, I was thinking from tier to tier, not in absolute numbers needed for each tier. You're correct then, of course.
Hi Ecto24601,

You know it's interesting that you say that, as I was thinking about doing it that way when I created the spreadsheet. I set about to formulate the equations to accomplish this, when I realized maybe it's better to think of each goal achievement as a total percentage of complete goal accomplishment from day 1, rather than an in-between goals percentage ratio. I'm still not sure which is the better indicator - perhaps the in-between goals is better, but calculating such is almost ridiculous, as it's something one could calculate in one's head fairly easily . . . Still like the idea of a Class 5 - for all the references to the original movie in the text of the crowdfund page, they couldn't think of that as well?!
Spacejockey426 wrote: November 30th, 2021, 5:40 pm Perhaps the discrepancy is due to a difference in time zones? I am on EST.
Yep, the discrepancy is timezones! im taking numbers from midnight to midnight central! numbers are numbers in the end...damnit!
Lookup a chrome extension called Distill Web Monitor, it allows you to select a section of a page to monitor...i select the backers number, how often you want to refresh, i have one going every minute...my computer dings all day long! mute at night....i also have one that I set to go off every 6 hours that i kicked off at 11:59 PM...close enough...i found that setting it at exactly 24 hour refresh is bugged

I started tracking daily on November 7th, all my numbers before then are from searching through counting posts
Spacejockey426 liked this
Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]