jonogunn wrote: December 5th, 2021, 8:04 pm I’m a Star Wars fan but not as hardcore as most. Did this fail because it’s mediocre? I know it wouldn’t be something I cared for if I were to buy Star Wars stuff. The razor crest however was awesome
It was $350 for a chunk of brown plastic. A lot of people have tunnel vision, but when I’m at target and see a giant drivable kids’ car for $250 I realize how bad a value the rancor really is. Then you compare it to the proton pack or even the sentinel and it’s just insane.
GhostFaceX wrote: December 5th, 2021, 8:10 pm
jonogunn wrote: December 5th, 2021, 8:04 pm I’m a Star Wars fan but not as hardcore as most. Did this fail because it’s mediocre? I know it wouldn’t be something I cared for if I were to buy Star Wars stuff. The razor crest however was awesome
It was $350 for a chunk of brown plastic. A lot of people have tunnel vision, but when I’m at target and see a giant drivable kids’ car for $250 I realize how bad a value the rancor really is. Then you compare it to the proton pack or even the sentinel and it’s just insane.
But the sentinel is just plastic as well and doesn’t do much other than be a display piece. I’m guessing no one gives a shit about a pit monster as much as something cool like a sentinel
I'd say the Sentinel had a lot more going on too. Each finger is fully posable for example. It also had some bad QA what with the knee's ratchets not properly working as intended. I wager things like the insane price for the Rancor and the knee thing have made people think twice about another large figure. Galactus got funded but that hit its marks well before people finally received their Sentinels. I doubt the pack will have any such issues. I mean a proton pack doesn't have knees, right?
VenomSymbiote wrote: December 6th, 2021, 7:46 am I'd say the Sentinel had a lot more going on too. Each finger is fully posable for example. It also had some bad QA what with the knee's ratchets not properly working as intended. I wager things like the insane price for the Rancor and the knee thing have made people think twice about another large figure. Galactus got funded but that hit its marks well before people finally received their Sentinels. I doubt the pack will have any such issues. I mean a proton pack doesn't have knees, right?
Didn't you hear the story of the Pack that grew legs and walked away? XD
Spidon, VenomSymbiote, Spacejockey426 and 2 others liked this
Prime 1986 wrote: December 6th, 2021, 9:27 am
VenomSymbiote wrote: December 6th, 2021, 7:46 am I'd say the Sentinel had a lot more going on too. Each finger is fully posable for example. It also had some bad QA what with the knee's ratchets not properly working as intended. I wager things like the insane price for the Rancor and the knee thing have made people think twice about another large figure. Galactus got funded but that hit its marks well before people finally received their Sentinels. I doubt the pack will have any such issues. I mean a proton pack doesn't have knees, right?
Didn't you hear the story of the Pack that grew legs and walked away? XD
I now want a Transformer Proton Pack. Already have the Ecto-1 so why not?
timeware wrote: December 5th, 2021, 7:54 pm
jonogunn wrote: December 5th, 2021, 7:25 pm Rancor ain’t happening
It's a shame really. It was such a good looking figure. My only issue with it was we get Oola's skull, but no Rancor scaled oola to go with it. Maybe next time!
It's a good looking figure? Respectfully, I disagree . . . ! The paint application is horrible, and there are too many gaps in the figure that are admittedly there to allow for the articulation, but which affect the figure's aesthetics. It should look like a premium collectible for that price, not like a toy. There was a previous iteration of the Rancor that had an articulated right claw where you could not see the joint lines, as it had a rubber overlay. Though no fan of the creature in general, I had to admit that that was a cool way to articulate the claw. They should have done that with the whole figure, and painted it like this dude on the Internet did to look exactly like the SPFX puppet we saw onscreen. If they had done that, while it would still be somewhat overpriced, it would truly have been a collectible worthy of production. IMHO.
GhostFaceX, Chicken, He Clucked and -1 others liked this
Spacejockey426 wrote: December 6th, 2021, 11:27 am
timeware wrote: December 5th, 2021, 7:54 pm

It's a shame really. It was such a good looking figure. My only issue with it was we get Oola's skull, but no Rancor scaled oola to go with it. Maybe next time!
It's a good looking figure? Respectfully, I disagree . . . ! The paint application is horrible, and there are too many gaps in the figure that are admittedly there to allow for the articulation, but which affect the figure's aesthetics. It should look like a premium collectible for that price, not like a toy. There was a previous iteration of the Rancor that had an articulated right claw where you could not see the joint lines, as it had a rubber overlay. Though no fan of the creature in general, I had to admit that that was a cool way to articulate the claw. They should have done that with the whole figure, and painted it like this dude on the Internet did to look exactly like the SPFX puppet we saw onscreen. If they had done that, while it would still be somewhat overpriced, it would truly have been a collectible worthy of production. IMHO.
It looks like one of those big Jakks figures you get for $50-100. Seriously I have a 4 foot Darth Vader that was $50 that looks better and has more plastic.

On the Haslab proton pack, does the clippard valve look undersized?
ProtonPack83 liked this
I expect more than 2000 proton packs will move in the last couple of days, based on both Galactus and a general knowledge of crowdfunding.

20,000+ total is probably attainable with a small media blitz.

It's a better value than the Rancor. The Skystriker's big hangup is it doesn't work with modern figures, either 6 inch or 4 inch. Only vintage style 3 3/4" work, which makes it niche.
I’m not a Star Wars fan, so I was never interested and can’t comment on accuracy - but that Rancor figure looked totally horrible as a collectible piece. In the photos the darker areas of the paintwork in the folds and creases were lit up and shiny. And the paintwork was monotonous brown with scarcely any detail (again maybe accurate) - it looked super cheap.
deadderek, GhostFaceX liked this
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: December 6th, 2021, 11:56 pm I’m not a Star Wars fan, so I was never interested and can’t comment on accuracy - but that Rancor figure looked totally horrible as a collectible piece. In the photos the darker areas of the paintwork in the folds and creases were lit up and shiny. And the paintwork was monotonous brown with scarcely any detail (again maybe accurate) - it looked super cheap.
No you’re spot on. It looked terrible. The sad thing is just a few years ago they released a 3.75” scale Rancor in a set WITH a Jaba the Hutt and other figures for under $100. I wish I bought it.
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: December 6th, 2021, 11:56 pm I’m not a Star Wars fan, so I was never interested and can’t comment on accuracy - but that Rancor figure looked totally horrible as a collectible piece. In the photos the darker areas of the paintwork in the folds and creases were lit up and shiny. And the paintwork was monotonous brown with scarcely any detail (again maybe accurate) - it looked super cheap.
Need to remember that Haslabs are only showing the prototype. Sure they could have done a better job on the paint, but its still only a prototype
So I just saw this, and realized the Phoebe pack is based on the super hero pack? And that's why there is a screw on the side (the one that is used as a latch for the secret compartment on the Haslab pack)

Last edited by Kingpin on December 7th, 2021, 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added YouTube code
gamera1968 liked this
dantonvfx wrote: December 7th, 2021, 5:32 pm How are we doing witht he predictions?

we are at 13.711 now, I swear this morning we were 13.200 or 300.... are we in good track for the stand? 5 days left...

Any chances if we hit the 15k before the deadline they add a class 5 unlock?
There will not be a class 5 unlock. If there was it would have been announced already. The 4 unlocks are it. Now, had the pack hit all the unlocks within the first week they would have added some to entice people for the remaining month and change. But as it stands, the 4 unlocks will be it.

Also, if you add in the Pulse Premium add-on of the slime it technically has its 5 unlocks.
This is my first HasLab experience. Knowing how crowdfunding projects normally amp up at the end, I’m still blown away at the G.I. Joe HasLab as it has reached it’s first tier unlock with about 2 1/2 hours to go. That thing looked dead in the water as of early this morning. The pack is also creeping up a little faster today than yesterday. Seeing the results of today, I think we will clear 20k for the pack before it’s all said and done.

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

Patch 1.8.0/DLC 5 added two more -Bitter Cold: […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]