By imnoghost
Hello, I just came across a pic of Bill Murray and it seems that the hose loop is being held by something attatched the left side of his pistol belt.

I don't know how to attatch pics on here I tried. It's a good close up of him with his arms crossed. I think he's standing in a hallway at the Sedgwick hotel. You can see the hose loop running through it. It looks like it's rivited to the belt? I'm sure someone has seen this before, if so what is it? Is it something that can be purchased, or does it have to me made by hand?
By Kingpin

The yellow hoses were usually tucked behind or even wound around the pistol belts as there was no designed attachment at the opposite end. The elements that could be confused for things the hose are attached to are the end of part of the pistol belt, and the holster for the "belt gizmo".

Nowadays fans have developed a variety of options to stop them falling loose or becoming untucked, a number of them being styled to resemble the other belt-worn gear.
By Smokey7486
It looks like it's being fed through the pistol belt, between the double halves of the belt to me. I have noticed on Ray's belt he has what looks like a belt loop the same color as his flightsuit. It could even be fed through the elastic velcro area.
By Kingpin
imnoghost wrote: January 29th, 2022, 8:29 pm Exactly the pic I was referring to. There clearly is something holding the hose in place. It looks to be a leather loop somehow attached to the belt.
There is no leather loop holding the hose in place. As annotated on this image, one of the elements is the metal fitting attached to the webbing belt which is used to extend or shorten it based on the wearer's waist size (an example is pictured in the bottom-half of the image), the other element is the Belt Gizmo holster.

By Q-man
To my understanding the hose was an evacuation tube. So the boys didn't pee themselves . A joke that never made it into the movie that's why it's yellow. It looks cleaner attached to something, but there really is no wrong way to do it.

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]