Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.

So it's awsome that animators do commissions...I'm just not sold on a Ghostbusters Go series. As much as I want a new cartoon this style isn't the fit for the franchise. So to quote Cleveland Brown:

I don’t like Teen Titans Go type of shows either but I like this art style. It’s fun and cute.

Was it meant to be a “GB Go!” style? That’s usually very goofy or dorky looking. It’s not what I thought of at all when I saw this.
Yeah, if I recall, when Teen Titans Go! came out, Teen Titans fans blew a gasket. When Thundercats Roar came out and revealed it was using a similar... idk how to describe it, chibi kiddie look and the show was more comedic than action -- the Thundercat fans blew a gasket. So in the same vein, I wouldn't see Ghostbusters fans supporting a similar show.

The next GB animation could be more along the lines of the visual style prevalent in Spiderverse or Mitchells vs. The Machines that Sony Pictures Imageworks presided over.
mrmichaelt wrote: March 1st, 2022, 6:15 am Yeah, if I recall, when Teen Titans Go! came out, Teen Titans fans blew a gasket. When Thundercats Roar came out and revealed it was using a similar... idk how to describe it, chibi kiddie look and the show was more comedic than action -- the Thundercat fans blew a gasket. So in the same vein, I wouldn't see Ghostbusters fans supporting a similar show.

The next GB animation could be more along the lines of the visual style prevalent in Spiderverse or Mitchells vs. The Machines that Sony Pictures Imageworks presided over.
TT fans eventually calmed down and MOSTLY either just accepted TTG as it's own thing and moved on or enjoyed it (I'm personally not a fan, but I gotta admit some of the writing on that show is absolutely hilarious... but as a whole, the show isn't for me). While a huge departure from Teen Titans, it celebrated the history of the previous show and DC Comics while also being satire of it, but it was all good fun. What pissed off original Teen Titans fans was getting teased a return of the original show at the end of the TTG movie only for it to be a TT/TTG cross over movie.

Flipside of that... Thundercats Roar was just... bad. The writing was bad even for a kid's show and went out of it's way to insult the franchise and fandom.
I'm firmly in the camp of finding Teen Titans Go! absolutely hilarious and could happily watch it all day, howeverrrrrr I'm not sure if it's the style I'd like to see GB go in. I'd rather something like Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts, with some genuine peril to go with the gags.
Teen Titans Go! sits next to Batman The Brave and Bold as a fantastic, well-written show that fans craped on because of the style and humor. God forbid a cartoon could be for all audiences. I love both, especially the self-aware humor of Teen Titans Go to the Movies. It felt like a PG Deadpool movie.
robbritton liked this
I loved Brave and the Bold because it leaned Silver Age and got pretty obscure at times. It's better regarded than Teen Titans Go!, when they got serious there was great stuff like Chill of the Night! when Batman goes after Joe Chill. TTG!, I can watch maybe 3 episodes in a row before I start getting brain damage. I do like The Night Begins to Shine stuff but that shifts into a whole different art style and writing and tone.

But when it comes to a new Ghostbusters cartoon, I guess what most fans would prefer the kinda of style that RGB used rather than this chibi kinda look that several cartoons have been going to recently? Something like maybe Phil Bourassa's style? He was the designer on DC's Young Justice and the new Amazon series Vox Machina that's out now. His looks is anime influenced though.
I’ve always wanted a Scooby Doo and Ghostbusters crossover. The RGB would fit best. Not retconning Extreme but for the sake of the idea. Unless they create a separate GB continuity like the DTV Scooby movies. That’s how I imagine it. Not a whole show. Both art styles blend too.

They each have 4 main characters who catch supernatural villains. Slimer loves eating like Shaggy and Scooby...and in general was also afraid of the bad guys. Both drive iconic vehicles. The Mystery Machine in SCOOB! had equipment on top. I wondered if that was a reference.

Scooby has also encountered real ghosts/monsters even though they’ve kept Velma a skeptic.

I know I’m not the only one who’s had the idea. I’ve seen fan art for it. I think it would be awesome.

I do like this art style but not TTGo/Thundercats Roar writing or tone. I think this picture could still be done as a straightforward cartoon. It doesn’t come off as dumbed down to me.
I blew my gasket when Thundercats Roar came out. The 2011 series was deserving of the franchise which ended up with a cliff hanger ending. Then came the lego knock off series then nothing for a very long while only to get Thundercats Roar. Cartoon Network is truly the place for good cartoons to die as they don't know how to run a schedule.

I don't know how fans of Ben 10 reacted to Omniverse being outright ignored then turned into a Teen Titans Go clone itself. I'd have been pissed off about it also. The animation style isn't for me. I'd have been more happy with an Adventure Time, or Regular Show style.

When we do get an animated series I'd prefer something like Voltron. Yeah, I could see a scoobynatural style of Ghostbusters working out.

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]