Talk about stuff that has nothing to do with Ghostbusters!
By Wern_r
Oh man, this was such a bad experience. He never went and replied to me like he did to Daniel. But in my view, this person is a scam artist. It literally went from How can I give you and ETA if I don't even know. To guess what? Your pack is ready and then the promise of pictures and videos. But at that point I was already done with this whole situation. Week later he sends pictures like Daniel described. I had ordered a weathered PP to match with the look from the new film. The PP in the pictures was clearly not meant for me.

I would not recommend this guy, Viking Props, to anyone, ever. Simply glad that I was able to get my money back and now I'll happily wait for the Hasbro Spengler pack that looks significantly better than the pictures I got sent.
By KillDozer
Well update on my order. I ended up having to contact paypal as I had stated earlier. Which didnt even prompt a reply from them.
I emailed Viking Props again, nadda... again. So I had no choice them but had to try an reclaim my funds thru my bank. :(
Last edited by KillDozer on November 15th, 2021, 11:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By l3w1sb159
Yeahfhis guy isn't worth bothering with. Ignore anything he says, get your money back and enjoy your other probably better slimeblower when it arrives.

Could do with a thread being made in the feedback section so people can get all the info on this guy.
By Burdman81
I definitely think he needs to be blacklisted from selling. I've heard nothing since the blanket statement email on Oct. 27. Plus reading all this evidently he completed other packs for people long after I ordered mine LAST YEAR! Similar situations with saying he's sending pictures of the completed pack and there are no pics in the email. Then stating they'll try to send them again and never getting anything. It's definitely discouraging knowing he literally stealing peoples money. I filed complaints with paypal but obviously it's well past the time that they will actually do anything. VikingProps should be on the blacklist because he's stolen so much money from people.
Wern_r liked this
By dantonvfx
On my last email I proposed him to enroll to some of these "Internet courses for Elders", so maybe he can learn how to attatch 1 picture to an email, or maybe better, use Drive to attatch stuff on his gmail emails :S.

But I guess he just doens't have anything to attatch at all, since he is smart enough to attatch pictures to the emails to make fun of the costumer, like the little girl from willy wonka saying " I WANT IT NOW" because I was asking for a real status and eta for my proton pakc that was "about to complete" one month before, and was already one month late.

In my case and Werner's, he just probably tried to send Proton packs Pics from someone elses as proof, so we would go ahead to cancel our claims (that was his whole propuse since he did not accept to send me a new invoice to pay the PP again, I guess because he would ot ship me anything and he would get a new claim from paypal.). SO if we canceled our claims he could run wiht the money and don't send anything. The thing is that the guy is so stupid he was even late sending these pictures, because our Paypal claim was already refunded.

So in your case, now that he has your money, why even bother to get back to you? I brought him that a lot of people complain about this on internet and he said first its fomr years ago, when I told him is for the past 2 years, he said: well they are people that tried to scam me. HAHAHAHAHAHA. This guy has for sure created his own dimension.
By Wern_r
I'm just glad that I was able to get my money back. Can't stress enough that I really wish this store and it's seller would be blacklisted. The pictures that were sent a week after he promised to send them next day, was not for the pack I ordered. A card with my name was on it, but it wasn't weathered at all. I don't know the reasoning for sending it to me as I had stated already that I had lost any confidence in this transaction. It's great that the website states no refunds and that he hammered Daniel about that, but for that to remain true you have to be in contact with your customers to update them on the progress.

I urge people to not fall for this scammer. He might have been a good seller years ago but now, I would say protect your wallets and go for someone that has been deemed trustworthy. Don't make the mistake we did.
By Burdman81
Good luck! I ordered 2 packs off of him in 2020 and all communication ceased when I sent an email asking him to just be honest and tell me that my money was stolen. I have no way of recovering the money at this point. I definitely learned my lesson and it sure soured my first experiences within this community.
By l3w1sb159
Don't lose faith, there are plenty of trustworthy sellers in the community. I learned the hard way with Viking too, to triple check before commiting to a purchase that big. But that's what this thread is for.

After being walked over I chose to take it into my own hands and build a pack myself, buying parts from the guys who I knew were 100% on the level. I would say to you, give that a try. The experience of building your own pack helps make it feel more like your own, and will probably be 10 times better than the crap you or I would have received from him.
Hitman wrote: April 4th, 2022, 4:39 am Anybody who can help me identify this piece of shit will obtain a significant bounty. Genuine leads only. And yes I intend to recover everybodies money then we'll let's see where this takes us ..
When I was on my adventure with this guy, I endedup finding his personal instagram, I think his adress too, or maybe his workshop adress.... if you do some research I'm sure you will find them too. I tried to find it but its been too long.

As I said sevsral times on my experience, always use Paypal for these things. If anything goes wrong you have your buyer protection and you get your money back.
By Shortimer52
You have to understand that these creeps are all over the place. I've been in the prop world for close to 20 years, and I've been got a few times. It always sucks getting the run around, then they will tell you they have been scammed before so you feel sorry for them, or someone is in the hospital, or someone just found out they have cancer, or someone just died, and it's just more of a run around. Remember it's just a scam taking people for their money. I've known people that have been prop scammed, hunted the seller down, and filed a police report.

My old man advice. Always do your research. Scum will always scam the uninformed. Reach out to people on the board for recommendations, contact the seller and ask questions (any seller worth their salt will answer you), always be ready to pull the PP trigger to get your money back if you have a bad feeling or if you feel like you are getting the run around. Ask for a ship date with tracking number, and give them a week of leeway before you pull the PP trigger. Good sellers will always have good timely communications. Honestly I could keep going but it's always a risk sending a random person money for something.

I wish you the best of luck on getting what you are owed.
By dantonvfx
Yes these are really good tips.

Y would remark the fact that some scammers like Viking Props are repkying to every question you have, very fast and they seem to be there allways, untill you make the payment. Then you will see how he keeps replying, but over the time that response rate decreases.

Even asking for date will not guarantee anything, since he can keep postponing, etc....

I think the best SAFE for a buyer on these types of transactions are use ALWAYS PAYPAL. You have minium of 90 days of money back. If anyone gives you a delivery date longer than that... don't buy it. If he is busy as he will say, wait for another period of time and check if he can get it done inside the 3 months. If he asures he can, and the deadline comes you always have the safe of Paypal.

Paypal is the key.
By vinhvle
I know this thread is a year old but today is the anniversary of the day Viking Props ripped me off. I filled out another fruitless message to the Viking Props website this morning and received a response with sheer indifference. Does anyone have a P.O. Box or physical address for Viking Props? I'm in contact with the law firm pursuing Anovos Productions and I want to bring a civil lawsuit against Viking Props. I've sent them multiple emails through the Viking Props website and direct messages to their Instagram and Facebooks accounts and they ignore them. At this point, I've written off the cost of the proton pack and I'd only be going after them because I'm fairly connected and at just irritated with companies that have fake websites in the United States that are actively stealing from customers.
Last edited by Kingpin on October 19th, 2023, 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed quote code
By vinhvle
He is vain and clearly believes he's intellectually superior. I stopped reading his emails because it's clear he's like most criminals: he's a sociopath, he's self absorbed and he doesn't think he's done anything wrong. After a few choice words I sent to him about how he's a scumbag, he sent me several emails using silly words like "Ghostbusters breathren" and I "want war". He doesn't realize this is real life. If someone stole $1000 from me on the street, they wouldn't make it 5 feet from me. He doesn't know what war looks like and he clearly doesn't think anyone will catch him.
Last edited by vinhvle on October 21st, 2023, 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By vinhvle
JAMESMONTY wrote: October 20th, 2023, 1:08 pm I GOT SCAMMED TOO! :garrett:
I learned his website is hosted by AWS and registered with GoDaddy by a company in Tempe, Arizona. You can report him to the authorities by filling out a form on the FBI's Internet Crime Complaint Center website and the Federal Trade Commission's Report Fraud website. It can be anonymous and takes less than 3 minutes to complete both forms. I think the number of times he's committed inter-state grand theft and fraud will warrant some form of investigation if enough people come forward. I'm a small business owner and I don't know how it's possible one little man hiding behind a keyboard can rip off so many people without recourse. We're talking about $1000+ products he's sold, not fake sneakers. Unfortunately, I believed him when he said he was experiencing supply chain issues so I didn't file a charge back within 3 months of my purchase.

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]