I know the wand and pack can't communicate between each other since the wand wasn't made with that in mind, for whatever reason. I saw people suggest that at the very least they could potentially make it so that when the thrower draws power from the pack that the pack could change how the lights react.

If so could it be made so that when turned on the pack will go into a standby mode after a time? Say you turn the pack on and after five minutes if you hadn't turned on the wand, it goes into stand by where the lights go off. Turn the wand on and it turns the lights and sounds on the pack. If the wand is on then the pack stays lit up at all times.

Fire a blast and the lights flicker as they should. If someone doesn't like that sort of functionality just add an off switch inside. If that can be done any idea if Hasbro is considering it? It'd let people basically control if the pack is fully on from the wand without really having the function built into it already. (if possible that is)
Last edited by VenomSymbiote on June 10th, 2022, 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
To have the Pack be "wakeable" from a standby mode, you'd need to have a physical connection between the Pack and one of the thrower's switches... Which because of the way they've been designed and built, wouldn't be possible with their default assembly... You'd need to open up the thrower and solder in a new wire to the thrower's switches.

You might even have to replace the switch entirely with a DPDT.

Having the lights flicker from "firing a blast" would involve a lot more work, and probably wouldn't be possible with the existing setup, as you'd need the thrower board to send a signal to a board in the Pack to activate the "flicker" circuit.

And such a flicker in the Pack lights is not desirable because the props didn't do that on-screen.

I'm sure the HasLab team have considered all the possible options for added functionality, but ultimately whatever features could be put into the HasLab Pack would've been limited by the design of the thrower's board and casing.
VenomSymbiote liked this
Kingpin wrote: February 10th, 2022, 3:03 am To have the Pack be "wakeable" from a standby mode, you'd need to have a physical connection between the Pack and one of the thrower's switches... Which because of the way they've been designed and built, wouldn't be possible with their default assembly... You'd need to open up the thrower and solder in a new wire to the thrower's switches.

You might even have to replace the switch entirely with a DPDT.

Having the lights flicker from "firing a blast" would involve a lot more work, and probably wouldn't be possible with the existing setup, as you'd need the thrower board to send a signal to a board in the Pack to activate the "flicker" circuit.

And such a flicker in the Pack lights is not desirable because the props didn't do that on-screen.

I'm sure the HasLab team have considered all the possible options for added functionality, but ultimately whatever features could be put into the HasLab Pack would've been limited by the design of the thrower's board and casing.
I see, thanks. Thinking on it, did the packs interact with the wand in any way? All the functionality that people build into the wands/packs nowadays is more for convenience than accuracy huh?
In the movies? No. If the Pack props had been built nowadays they probably would've built in some advanced functionality that would've made the lights spin faster or brighten.

In the game the red cyclotron lights spun faster the closer the Pack got to overheating, and changed colours when selecting the various fire modes.
VenomSymbiote liked this
So here's a snippet from the recent update on the pack.

Come over here for a moment. Here’s a powerful update that our eerie investors are going to be thrilled to exhume! When cosplayers turn off their Proton Packs, there will be a free-roaming 5-minute window in which they can power their Packs back up… with their Plasma Series Spengler’s Neutrona Wands! Yeah, we did that. HasLab employees understand how difficult it is to reach a switch when it’s on one’s back. We watched many try to do it for hours before we grew tired of it and suggested linking the Pack with the Wand. Is there anything cooler than flipping a few switches on a Neutrona Wand then hearing and feeling a full-sized Proton Pack come to life on your shoulders? We don’t think so.

What I'm curious about is how this will work? I assume when they say turn off the pack they mean the switch. If you flip the switch though won't that kill the connection? How would it be able to power back up from the wand? Do you think they meant turning off the wand would turn off the pack? Just a bit confused exactly. A cool feature but if at all possible I would have liked there to be an option to keep it active at all times even if it drained battery power. For those curious it's right here under the image that shows the strap sizes.
VenomSymbiote wrote: June 10th, 2022, 12:29 am So here's a snippet from the recent update on the pack.

Come over here for a moment. Here’s a powerful update that our eerie investors are going to be thrilled to exhume! When cosplayers turn off their Proton Packs, there will be a free-roaming 5-minute window in which they can power their Packs back up… with their Plasma Series Spengler’s Neutrona Wands! Yeah, we did that. HasLab employees understand how difficult it is to reach a switch when it’s on one’s back. We watched many try to do it for hours before we grew tired of it and suggested linking the Pack with the Wand. Is there anything cooler than flipping a few switches on a Neutrona Wand then hearing and feeling a full-sized Proton Pack come to life on your shoulders? We don’t think so.

What I'm curious about is how this will work? I assume when they say turn off the pack they mean the switch. If you flip the switch though won't that kill the connection? How would it be able to power back up from the wand? Do you think they meant turning off the wand would turn off the pack? Just a bit confused exactly. A cool feature but if at all possible I would have liked there to be an option to keep it active at all times even if it drained battery power. For those curious it's right here under the image that shows the strap sizes.
I don't really know much about electronics, but I've seen people talk about how it should be possible to make it so the pack can sense when the wand is attempting to draw power. So that could allow some limited ON/OFF capability from the wand. Here's how it might work:

Pack switch turns the pack on in to a sort of "hibernate" mode. The computer board is getting power, but no lights, sounds, or vibration occur, so the pack still appears off. Turning on the wand switch (bottom panel switch) causes the wand to start drawing power, which the pack can sense and tells it to turn on it's lights, play the "charge up" sound effects, and activate the vibration motor. Turning the wand power switch off would tell the pack to back in to it's hibernation mode, which will automatically turn itself completely off after 5 minutes.

Not ideal, but certainly more convenient then needing to use the pack switch every time.
oidoglr liked this
It's a shame that the wand itself will still have a timeout, so while the pack may have a 5 minute one, if you go over the 30sec (?) one of the wand, you'll need to power cycle the wand to presumably get everything up and running again.

And also, you'll have sound coming out of both the pack and the wand, which might sound/feel a bit strange.

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]