For the various Ghostbusters Cartoon series. Real Ghostbusters, Extreme Ghostbusters and more!
mrmichaelt wrote: June 8th, 2022, 9:56 pm At GB Day, Gil and Jason only said the series will delve in an unexplored era and decade of canon, new characters, new places, in the future. Idk, sounds like Ecto-Force to me.
Based on the iffy quality of GBA I’m not sure Jason & Gil are the right people to be the “Kevin Feige” of the GB Universe. It’d be nice to have more comedic writers involved. It’s so weird that there is now a GBU. We went so long with no new Ghostbusters stuff and now we are going to be really seeing this franchise stretch her legs. Should be interesting times ahead. I’m sure this fan base will face this new era with all the *[clears throat]* dignity, patience, acceptance and goodwill that it’s known & (in)famous for!

But I must lament the fact that Ghostbusters use to be a comedy franchise and these two have never written a comedy. So I guess we can just kiss the comedy part of ghostbusters goodbye and it’s now just another high concept sci fi property. Well done Sony. Well done. Huzzah.

It sounds like Dan isn’t involved at all in Ghost Corp anymore, or is he? From his little appearance in that bit it seems like he’s taken a step back. I wish Sony would trust him more and find him a great co writer to act like Harold/Ivan. Bringing the best out of his imagination/comedic sense while tempering his more…”out there” ideas. At least get him involved in the story aspect. You have the guy who wrote/co wrote Blues Brothers, Ghostbusters 1 & 2, Spies Like Us, Dragnet & Coneheads! Not to mention years of work on SNL.
RichardLess wrote: June 8th, 2022, 10:57 pm Based on the iffy quality of GBA I’m not sure Jason & Gil are the right people to be the “Kevin Feige” of the GB Universe. It’d be nice to have more comedic writers involved. It’s so weird that there is now a GBU. We went so long with no new Ghostbusters stuff and now we are going to be really seeing this franchise stretch her legs. Should be interesting times ahead. I’m sure this fan base will face this new era with all the *[clears throat]* dignity, patience, acceptance and goodwill that it’s known & (in)famous for!

But I must lament the fact that Ghostbusters use to be a comedy franchise and these two have never written a comedy. So I guess we can just kiss the comedy part of ghostbusters goodbye and it’s now just another high concept sci fi property. Well done Sony. Well done. Huzzah.

It sounds like Dan isn’t involved at all in Ghost Corp anymore, or is he? From his little appearance in that bit it seems like he’s taken a step back. I wish Sony would trust him more and find him a great co writer to act like Harold/Ivan. Bringing the best out of his imagination/comedic sense while tempering his more…”out there” ideas. At least get him involved in the story aspect. You have the guy who wrote/co wrote Blues Brothers, Ghostbusters 1 & 2, Spies Like Us, Dragnet & Coneheads! Not to mention years of work on SNL.
You doing okay, Richard?
deadderek, Chicken, He Clucked and -1 others liked this
timeware wrote: June 8th, 2022, 5:52 pm I think we can all agree that Dan Schoening's art style is the way to go forward. that style in itself is pretty much a schoo in.
Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I'm simply not a fan of his style. He is talented, to be sure, but I for one could never get into the IDW comics, largely because of that style. It's too cartoony and exaggerated for my taste, as is modern animation in general. I never understood why the culture moved away from the old school 80's style of animation -- which was generally more realistic, in terms of human proportion -- in favour of the more childish designs where proportions are wildly exaggerated, almost like Picasso paintings.

Even in the case of Extreme Ghostbusters -- which I love -- I wish they had used a more realistic style, instead of the angular and "extreme" style they did.

I would much prefer something like this anime style, recently featured on Ghostbusters News:

Or even, for that matter, something like King of the Hill:

deadderek liked this
zeta otaku wrote: June 9th, 2022, 12:26 am I'm okay with almost any animation style. It's about story for me.
Same. And that goes for any other franchise that I enjoy.
RichardLess wrote:
mrmichaelt wrote: June 8th, 2022, 9:56 pm At GB Day, Gil and Jason only said the series will delve in an unexplored era and decade of canon, new characters, new places, in the future. Idk, sounds like Ecto-Force to me.
Based on the iffy quality of GBA I’m not sure Jason & Gil are the right people to be the “Kevin Feige” of the GB Universe. It’d be nice to have more comedic writers involved. It’s so weird that there is now a GBU. We went so long with no new Ghostbusters stuff and now we are going to be really seeing this franchise stretch her legs. Should be interesting times ahead. I’m sure this fan base will face this new era with all the *[clears throat]* dignity, patience, acceptance and goodwill that it’s known & (in)famous for!

I disagreed with you yesterday but I'm going to cautiously agree here, with the caveat I am optimistic and happy we're getting any new Ghostbusters stuff at all.

When you look at the ingredients for GB I & II, Ramis and Murray were the comedy - and they're gone - Aykroyd has lots of wild creative ideas that need steering and editing, Ivan Reitman grounded the concept and crafted an all-time classic movie out of it. In contrast Gil & Kenan are fans, and I feel like so far we've seen the fan service version of how to continue this franchise and don't get me wrong, I loved and appreciate Afterlife on repeated viewing, but I'm also conscious of the things that movie nearly could have been, which would 've tipped it over the edge into 'classic' status for me.

The cartoon does sound like Ecto Force because they mentioned the future and I'm curious what excites them about the concept... they can go wild with some of the tech and action? I hope they go for a retro-future aesthetic, that would work. If it's hover vehicles and too scifi that would feel far removed from the original concept. There's a bit of a contradiction here with what fans want because some of us are screaming for fresh takes, and the animated stuff does seem like it will be a new spin rather than derivative of the originals, and then we complain! But given they could revert back to the four guys in animation quite easily and figures like Straczynski and some of the OG RGB voice cast are still around, I just wonder what the arguments against some sort of RGB revival set in the 80's were, or if the new series will understand and recapture what made RGB special (the character driven elements). I am open-minded but there seems to be a lot of pitfalls with the concept.

Was the slide with the Slimer "No Ghost" logo in relation to the series or the animated movie? Did anyone get a screengrab?

I have similar concerns about the pedigree for the animated movie, because Brenda Hsueh is a Kate Dippold style pick, the script was the biggest weakness of ATC. She is a fresh voice and I liked How I Met Your Mother well enough. Melissa & Joey was a turkey (though that could largely be levelled at MJH). It could honestly go either way. A shame the Lord & Miller pitch didn't work out (alternatively fans may not have liked their direction, it's just they're a big name at the moment). Prynoski and Kluska I know very little about either but they seem to have worked on some decent projects.

So I agree with Richardless' post mainly about failing to capitalize on existing talent involved in the original movies and animated series. I am confident I will consume and enjoy every one of the Ghostbusters products Ghost Corp is putting out, BUT I just get the feeling that Jason & Gil aren't necessarily going to listen to any of the critical feedback from Afterlife and we're going to get more of the same pacing, callbacks, fan service, this time with the firehouse, Slimer (I would actually like Slimer to be in the movie in an RGB capacity), maybe Moranis and *shudder* (please, no).... VIGO. :sigh:

So... I wouldn't say Jason and Gil are the wrong people to head the Ghostbusters Universe... in fact with their writing and directing talents and clear understanding of what makes the franchise work I think they are perfectly placed to lead it... but the peripheral names I see associated with the various projects don't have the same writing chops, comedic muscle or paranormal enthusiasm that I'd associate with Murray, Ramis, Aykroyd, Straczynski.

To me, it kind of feels like Sony and Ghost Corp know they have a baseline of white whale consumers in us fans. Because realistically... we're buying into all of this stuff regardless. And so there is a budget limit, and the talent involved reflects that budget limit, so it's about giving fresh talent a chance to make a name for themselves via the Ghostbusters IP, which is totally fair. But it would explain why we're not getting... eg. Taika Watiti's Ghostbusters. And in some respects I understand and am fine with that if it means we get new Ghostbusters content for the next few years. I just... out of all of it, I REALLY hope Afterlife II is a project which takes a step away from callbacks and fanservice and delivers something denser and funnier, perhaps the cast will feature some additional comedic talent this time.

Side note: If we don't hear more from the Illfonic game in the next couple of weeks (old E3 window) I'd maybe start to be concerned about it hitting a 2022 release date based on the assumption it would aim for a Sept/Oct release and Ghostbusters Day was the perfect time to drop a new trailer. Unless they're a part of Microsoft's showcase (unlikely) or just want to spread out announcements.
Last edited by Chicken, He Clucked on June 9th, 2022, 3:25 am, edited 5 times in total.
robbritton liked this
RichardLess wrote: June 8th, 2022, 10:57 pm Based on the iffy quality of GBA I’m not sure Jason & Gil are the right people to be the “Kevin Feige” of the GB Universe.
They're producing the show rather than writing it... There's still time and room for the comedy side to be honoured.
RichardLess wrote: June 8th, 2022, 10:57 pmIt sounds like Dan isn’t involved at all in Ghost Corp anymore, or is he? From his little appearance in that bit it seems like he’s taken a step back. I wish Sony would trust him more and find him a great co writer to act like Harold/Ivan.
It's not like there isn't a few noteworthy precedents for successful Ghostbusters installments that don't have Dan's direct involvement in... I love Dan for what he gave us, but other people have proven they can successfully carry on the legacy he started. :)
mrmichaelt, robbritton, deadderek and 1 others liked this
Kingpin wrote: June 9th, 2022, 3:09 am
RichardLess wrote: June 8th, 2022, 10:57 pm Based on the iffy quality of GBA I’m not sure Jason & Gil are the right people to be the “Kevin Feige” of the GB Universe.
They're producing the show rather than writing it... There's still time and room for the comedy side to be honoured.
RichardLess wrote: June 8th, 2022, 10:57 pmIt sounds like Dan isn’t involved at all in Ghost Corp anymore, or is he? From his little appearance in that bit it seems like he’s taken a step back. I wish Sony would trust him more and find him a great co writer to act like Harold/Ivan.
It's not like there isn't a few noteworthy precedents for successful Ghostbusters installments that don't have Dan's direct involvement in... I love Dan for what he gave us, but other people have proven they can successfully carry on the legacy he started. :)
What bit did he appear in?
mrmichaelt wrote: June 8th, 2022, 11:03 pm
RichardLess wrote: June 8th, 2022, 10:57 pm Based on the iffy quality of GBA I’m not sure Jason & Gil are the right people to be the “Kevin Feige” of the GB Universe. It’d be nice to have more comedic writers involved. It’s so weird that there is now a GBU. We went so long with no new Ghostbusters stuff and now we are going to be really seeing this franchise stretch her legs. Should be interesting times ahead. I’m sure this fan base will face this new era with all the *[clears throat]* dignity, patience, acceptance and goodwill that it’s known & (in)famous for!

You doing okay, Richard?
Yeah. I’m doing pretty good. Thanks for asking.
mrmichaelt liked this
Kingpin wrote: June 9th, 2022, 3:09 am
There’s so many forums about differing GB projects I meant more about the announced live action film regarding the comedy. I could care less about the animated movie. I’ll hope for the best but it’s just not something I’m remotely interested in.

Yes there are noteworthy precedents but he was still involved & the creative co lead on the two best Ghostbusters projects. The first two live actions films. The two animated series were always this separate thing.

You know what’s kind of a weird feeling?

…I’m not really excited or enthusiastic about any these projects. It’s like Ghostbusters is leaving me behind. That’s such a sad thought. Or maybe I’m leaving Ghostbusters behind. Though I feel like it’s the former since I still adore almost everything GB related up until 2016.

I’ve heard other fans in other fandoms go through something like this. But it’s a first for me.

I know a lot of you are probably super pumped about all this new content. Somehow, and I’m shocked at this feeling myself, I feel like…maybe it’s too muc? That it’s diluting the brand somehow? That Ghostbusters is a little less special. Logically I know that doesn’t make alot of sense, yet it’s what I’m feeling. Weird, isn’t it?

I mean…an animated movie? Why? Because you can? I know those two original films will always be there yet somehow this feels like it’s cheapening their legacy. But that’s the game now I guess. Studios have to mine all the $$ they can out of their I.P.

Maybe I’d feel differently if I trusted the people involved. Without Harold, Ivan & Dan Ghostbusters is becoming this other thing. I guess some people will say that that’s good. These things should change and evolve with the times. But what I love about Ghostbusters has always been super, super specific. And without those specific elements? I’m less interested.

I hope I’m wrong and all of these projects kick all sorts of, as Garret would say, “ghost butt”
RichardLess wrote: June 9th, 2022, 9:18 pm Somehow, and I’m shocked at this feeling myself, I feel like…maybe it’s too muc? That it’s diluting the brand somehow? That Ghostbusters is a little less special. Logically I know that doesn’t make alot of sense, yet it’s what I’m feeling. Weird, isn’t it?
I appreciate the danger that comes from oversaturation... I've felt that about some of the merchandise we've seen in the last few years... But still strongly remembering the windswept years the franchise and fandom endured, I am as you say "pumped" to see Ghostbusters getting the attention and the opportunities I feel it deserves.

I guess maybe part of the "less special" feeling you're having is that Ghostbusters is becoming less of a niche/cult interest compared to how it was a few years back? That it's swung back around to being mainstream again?

I can certainly understand a feeling of shifting winds to start seeing people who might've once looked down on people for loving the franchise to now be wearing shirts with the no-ghost logo and buying the merchandise... But unfortunately we need a broader audience for the project to survive beyond our own passionate efforts.

I also know our interests ebb and flow, back in the '90s my interest had waned thanks to the generic excuses of "growing up"... It's only thanks to discovering the internet community that I started to swing back into my love of Ghostbusters.

I just hope that the fatigue you may feel will pass in time.

Ultimately, I think we sometimes need to take a leap of faith, sometimes a project might end up being like Star Trek: Discovery or The Last Jedi, and sometimes they end up like Star Trek: The Next Generation and Rogue One.
A lot of new and consistent content would have happened before if things were able to move forward a long time ago. Only having 2 movies and the cartoon for 30 years was sad. I know there’s the comics and game but I’m talking about mainstream stuff and there’s only so many toys/merchandise you can base on that.

It’s not lessening it. It’s finally getting the attention it deserves. Every other popular franchise has been able to grow and GB was stuck quite literally in the 80s.

I’m sure Dan Aykroyd will always be part of Ghost Corps and the franchise. I’m happy for him. He’s always wanted it to expand.
Kingpin, mrmichaelt liked this
Watching Marvel fandom blossom to what it is is pretty cool to be honest. I remember my younger cousin being confused at the ending of Captain America The First Avenger as to why he woke up in the present and is talking to Sam Jackson. I remember having to explain to people how these films will all interconnect into a collective movie. Now I hear people who may not be hardcore comic fans from before totally invested in it all and talking about it.

I thought I would lose a bit of that niche fandom of superhero stuff becoming too mainstream but I was wrong. It’s awesome.
Kingpin liked this
jonogunn wrote: June 10th, 2022, 2:15 pm I thought I would lose a bit of that niche fandom of superhero stuff becoming too mainstream but I was wrong. It’s awesome.
We get to share the films/characters we hold close with people who are just discovering the franchise. :)
jonogunn liked this
Regarding the new animated series, the general feeling is that this is going to be Ecto-Force. I remember from the Ectofest presentation that the Ghostbusters VR had a driving component with a flying Ecto-1. I'm wondering if that is unique for the VR experience, or if this is borrowed from the Ecto-Force cartoon.
jonogunn wrote: June 10th, 2022, 8:10 pm I had to Google what Ecto force was. Never heard of it til now.

So is it gonna be canon or was the animated movie going to be canon?
Sorry about that, I think this was the Ecto-Force thread.
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=41548

Right now we have not clue if this animated series or the animated movie will be canon to anything.
jonogunn, Kingpin liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: June 10th, 2022, 8:14 pm
jonogunn wrote: June 10th, 2022, 8:10 pm I had to Google what Ecto force was. Never heard of it til now.

So is it gonna be canon or was the animated movie going to be canon?
Sorry about that, I think this was the Ecto-Force thread.
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=41548

Right now we have not clue if this animated series or the animated movie will be canon to anything.
Gotcha. Just the comic is confirmed canon so far
jonogunn wrote: June 10th, 2022, 2:15 pm Watching Marvel fandom blossom to what it is is pretty cool to be honest. I remember my younger cousin being confused at the ending of Captain America The First Avenger as to why he woke up in the present and is talking to Sam Jackson. I remember having to explain to people how these films will all interconnect into a collective movie. Now I hear people who may not be hardcore comic fans from before totally invested in it all and talking about it.

I thought I would lose a bit of that niche fandom of superhero stuff becoming too mainstream but I was wrong. It’s awesome.
See that’s the thing. I think your post helped clarify my thoughts on this.

Maybe here’s a way to look at it. Ghostbusters use to be a 4 star hotel. Everyone loved staying there. It was the place to be. & brought about a new hotel experience. Then they opened another location and it was a little too much like the original hotel(and it didn’t help it opened next to a Batman, oops I mean, a Hilton) & was seen as a disappointment. Years later, after decades of talk of opening a 3rd location, one of the original owners died, and the 3 hotel opened under a different architect. Turns out they just licensed the GB name. It was divisive & lost a lot of money. Then a 4th location opened up and suddenly what was once looked at as a 4 Star hotel franchise has now been downgraded to a 2 star. The original hotel is still open, but the others pale in comparison. And now the new owners are opening a restaurant under the once grand hotel name, a water park for kids and yet another new hotel. Now two star hotels are still decent establishments, but they aren’t 4 stars.

I’ve always felt Ghostbusters and the comedies of that era(Animal House, Blues Brothers, Caddy Shack) they were always kind of cool because they came from this SNL/second city “counter culture” era. Yeah GB was the first PG13 one and it had a massive budget, but it still had that “screw authority” Rock N Roll feeling.

The two big fandoms for me are Ghostbusters and Star Wars. And I haven’t really dug much of the Disney SW stuff. For me, a huge fan of those original 6 movies and the Clone Wars TV Show, I miss the storytelling of George Lucas. And Disney has diluted the specialness. When it came from George it felt like there was a singular voice and direction. Now? It’s kind all over the place. Granted the franchise is still a massive success and people eat it up.

So how does that relate to Ghostbusters? It feels like it’s lost what made it seem kinda cool. They are trying to take the template of the current hip thing, which is connected universe building, and trying to do that with Ghostbusters and after how let down and disappointing the last two films have been…it seems like it’s all being built on a shaky foundation that has lost what ghostbusters is: a counter culture comedy film.

They are making it fit into this mold that all big franchises now must adhere to & it seems they’ve forgotten what this was all about. And I’ve said it a thousand times. Ghostbusters Afterlife is NOT a comedy. And I’m sorry but that’s what Ghostbusters is. GB2016 understood that. I wish I could merge the two films because then we’d get somewhere. Jason Reitman and Gil Kenan are not comedy writers.

So far the people who understand how to make this work are Ivan, Dan and Harold. That doesn’t mean no one else could nail a Gb film. But Jason & Gil being the head of this Ghostbusters Universe feels a little “let’s just copy what everyone else is doing”. Ivan approved what Jason was doing and wanted the animated movie, but I feel like the 3 of those guys working together brought the special magic. None of them could do it without the other.

Here’s what I’m trying to say(after god knows how many paragraphs lol) Right now, there’s a lot riding on this franchise. A franchise that is now 4 movies deep and has just one certifiable big hit that most people like. Everytime a new movie comes out and it does “ok” or loses money and gets kinda “meh” or poor reviews, the franchise gets a little less special and little less respectable and tarnishes the name of Ghostbusters just a little bit. I know there are fans of GB2, GB16 and GBA here. Hell I adore GB2. But If the animated movie tanks and the next live action movie is divisive and a middling success, we are perpetuating that mediocreness. I want Ghostbusters to be GREAT. I want it to be a big hit. I want them to be cultural phenomena once again. The more shit they toss at the wall to see what sticks the less likely that is.

Ghostbusters has to be a comedy and I don’t care how many quips GBA had…it was straight up not a comedy. The only funny member of the main cast was Paul a Rudd & Podcast(god I dislike that name. It makes me cringe).
I hate that it's on Netflix. I am boycotting Netflix for something they did in a show they produced that I thought was wrong. I guess I will miss out. Then again even when I did last watch it I only watched the Marvel shows that were on there. None of my favorite TV shows from the past were on there (a lot of them are on Hulu though) so I know I am not missing all that much. I do dislike today's world where you can no longer physically own new shows and can only watch them on particular streaming sites that you have to pay for.
mrmichaelt liked this
RichardLess wrote: June 11th, 2022, 12:38 am Ghostbusters has to be a comedy and I don’t care how many quips GBA had…it was straight up not a comedy. The only funny member of the main cast was Paul a Rudd & Podcast(god I dislike that name. It makes me cringe).
I may be in the minority with this, but I'm not sure amping up the comedy would've worked for Afterlife given it's heavy subjects, the loss of Egon (and by extension Harold), the alienation of the three other Ghostbusters and how the business folded.

My concern would be that having the comedy more on the level of the first two might've clashed tonally with the story that was being told. Hopefully, with the air cleared and the Ghostbusters entering newer, more positive chapters of their lives, you may get your wish in there being more comedy being employed.

Of course the other thing is is that mainstream comedy movies seem to have metamorphosed into something generally lesser than what they were in the 1980s. You had a lot of witty comedies back then, even the more bawdier ones like Police Academy and Animal House were still cleverly written for the most part.

But the mainstream comedies we get today? Absolute garbage. Low-hanging laughs aimed at the lowest common denominators of the cinema-going public, which result in such tripe as Holmes & Watson and Senior Year.
mrmichaelt, deadderek liked this
It's notable that when I've said to real life friends who like the original, but aren't 'fans' per se, that I could have done with more comedy, they've all replied that they found Afterlife to be really funny!

It has made me wonder if my obsessive relationship with every earlier variant of Ghostbusters means I'm missing stuff in always comparing. If I just came to Afterlife cold would I have laughed more?
jonogunn liked this
So I am sure this could be total bull, but I was checking out IMDB and found that Ghostbusters Ecto Force actually has a cast attached to it right now.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5823710/?ref_=fn_al_tt_9

Again this could mean nothing, I believe much like Wikipedia users can add and subtract info from IMDB as they see fit. If there is some kind of truth to it I like the idea of Maurice Lamarche being attached to another Ghostbusters project.

It sure got my mind racing as to what role he would play. If they are sticking with the future setting would he be playing a completely original character? Or would he somehow be tied to his Egon Spengler roles from Real and Extreme?

Would he be an original character not tied to Egon, but still be a mentor and his involvement is just some nice nostalgia like the voice talent of 80’s Liono playing the Reboot Liono’s father in Thundercats? Would he be playing Egon’s ghost or maybe some kind of computer hologram based on Egon? LOL!

I don’t know how far out they would go if they decided to keep the future setting. Heck they could even scrap the concept they were intending much like the possibility of animated movie having Ghostly Ghostbusters being shelved.

LOL! Sorry this was a lot to put out for just seeing a couple of random names on an IMDB page that could mean absolutely nothing, but it did get me excited at what another animated series based on Ghostbusters could be. :):):)
mrmichaelt liked this
philmorgan81 wrote:So I am sure this could be total bull, but I was checking out IMDB and found that Ghostbusters Ecto Force actually has a cast attached to it right now.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5823710/?ref_=fn_al_tt_9

Again this could mean nothing, I believe much like Wikipedia users can add and subtract info from IMDB as they see fit. If there is some kind of truth to it I like the idea of Maurice Lamarche being attached to another Ghostbusters project.

It sure got my mind racing as to what role he would play. If they are sticking with the future setting would he be playing a completely original character? Or would he somehow be tied to his Egon Spengler roles from Real and Extreme?

Would he be an original character not tied to Egon, but still be a mentor and his involvement is just some nice nostalgia like the voice talent of 80’s Liono playing the Reboot Liono’s father in Thundercats? Would he be playing Egon’s ghost or maybe some kind of computer hologram based on Egon? LOL!
Yeah, imdb can be errant. Suspicious but could be coincidence they cast not one but two actors from that CW Riverdale show. Hilarious another star from Stranger Things was cast in a GB project. Hell yeah if this is true, with Kira Buckland freakin' Jolyne Cujoh from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure among so many VO roles she's done! Maurice Lemarche is super intriguing. Aside from who he could playing, he would continue his streak of being in every Ghostbusters animated series. It's suspiciously the magic # of 4 actors and a Lemarche. Hmm.
philmorgan81 liked this
ghoulishfright wrote: June 8th, 2022, 11:38 pm
timeware wrote: June 8th, 2022, 5:52 pm I think we can all agree that Dan Schoening's art style is the way to go forward. that style in itself is pretty much a schoo in.
Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I'm simply not a fan of his style. He is talented, to be sure, but I for one could never get into the IDW comics, largely because of that style. It's too cartoony and exaggerated for my taste, as is modern animation in general. I never understood why the culture moved away from the old school 80's style of animation -- which was generally more realistic, in terms of human proportion -- in favour of the more childish designs where proportions are wildly exaggerated, almost like Picasso paintings.

Even in the case of Extreme Ghostbusters -- which I love -- I wish they had used a more realistic style, instead of the angular and "extreme" style they did.

I would much prefer something like this anime style, recently featured on Ghostbusters News:

Or even, for that matter, something like King of the Hill:

IDW drew the main characters the way they did to avoid paying likeness rights. Considering The Real Ghostbusters was animated by Japanese studios, you could almost consider it to be anime.

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]